SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

nixterboy said:
what is the best way to make money in 7.1?
Tourney. It's one on one, and gives you 2000-6500 coins from betting. You also get gifts like horses when you exit the city after winning. Other will be killing wildlings north of The Wall. I used to go for Dothraki too in the previous version, but haven't tried it again so I don't know yet.

In scripts.txt is the script making one of the troops to carry a "flag" named
Code:
set_flag_carriers
?

If so, could I delete script's body and replace it with 0 to remove the flag carriers?

nixterboy said:
what is the best way to make money in 7.1?

I did get bunch of units with maces and went Essos. In Myr or Tyrosh there will for sure be slave trader plus tournaments and once your units are strong farm dotraki camps and slave markets. Put gold in iron bank and you dont have to worry about money anymore. :smile:

Screenshot after the "Ser Jaime Lannister's Party" bug - log reports some mistakes in some script.

Also, to "fix" the bug in a savegame - use MnB Savegame Editor and change Party_Records -> #0Player's_Party_Name_Will_Be_Here -> party -> factionID to 31.

02qV3k4OvzM.jpg
[/spoliler]

Version 7.1 performs worse on my potato machine. I assume it's because of the LOD fix? Version 7.0 ran smoothly, and it's the only change in the changelog that's related to graphics. Will replacing Resource and Texture files with the ones from version 7.0 be enough to fix the problem?

Edit: It works. You just need to readd the line "load_resource = map_icon_meshes" in module.ini under #Worldmap. If you're playing on Linux and lagging, just do this trick.

By a Moddb user (andrew010), about the quest "Brothers" : Update: I just had the "Brothers" quest bug in 7.1 and it seems, that Brotherhood without banners/Lost knowledge/Blessed ring quest has something to do with it. When I finished those quests before Brothers quest, the bug did happen. Then I loaded save and finished Brothers quest first and the bug did not happen.

Good things with 7.1:

-You no longer need to ba a vassal or a mercenary of a faction to get the quests from the faction leaders.
-The weapons and armors use "lods" so the game runs more smoothly.
-The factions have better armors for the troops
-The tournaments feel better
-There is new quests in the North and a new tournament quest given by Baelor Hightower.

Things I'd like to be changed

-a fix for the quest "Brothers"
-models and textures for the Valyrian swords changed from 6.2. They don't need "lods" since there will never be a ton of them in the battlefield.
-a quest involving the Night King
-a quest involving Daenerys

This may not be the right place to ask, but I haven't played this mod since 2.1, apart from a brief re-acquaintance in the version 4 or 5 range. As invading factions don't receive castles / towns upon landing, and I don't know when the triggers are at this point in the mod's development, I wanted to ask the following:

I'd like to run a playthough trying to support Young Griff himself; however, I'm not sure how to peacefully approach the invading Targ faction. I want to give him a foothold, but I'm not sure what will happen, based upon what I "own", lands-wise, and my situation.

Own Kingdom
In the past, as a proof of concept, I (with console commands to aid in battles / sieges) set up my own kingdom, and then pledged vassalage to Aegon (back then, I had to complete the quest to get the trigger). This "gave" all of the castles / fiefs that were in my kingdom to his (...along with everything, troops / stored items) in it. This worked, but I wanted to know if there was another way.

Join as Merc / Independent Vassal, Start from Scratch
I assume that one could always pledge / merc for Aegon, and work from the ground up, but this doesn't really give a solid foothold at the beginning.

Rebel against other, current Liege
If I pledged vassalage to another liege lord / kingdom (say, the Reach), and chose to rebel, I'd create my own faction with potential some lords following me. If I then pledge to Aegon, would they, and the lands they own, also join the Targ faction?

Marriage
Has anyone ever played through as a female character and tried to marry Aegon? Curious how that would work out.

Again, not sure really where to ask, but wanted to hear other's ideas / logic. It's been quite some time since I've touched M&B, so I apologize if the rust shows.

Thanks in advance!

yegg said:
I want to give him a foothold
I'm pretty sure they will automatically gain fiefs now. Quite a number of fiefs will defect to the Targaryen faction when the invasion starts.
I've never tried marrying Aegon. Generally you can't marry faction leaders. They will tell you that they "have other plans for their children." I've married a claimant though, but I tried it with a male character, and that was in Gekokujo.

Grank said:
I'm pretty sure they will automatically gain fiefs now. Quite a number of fiefs will defect to the Targaryen faction when the invasion starts.

...well, that's good news. That was the case in 2.X, and I know it changed in the 4-5 range. Glad to hear it's back.

Grank said:
and that was in Gekokujo.

I can't tell you how much time I spent playing that mod; I even "beta-tested" 3.0 when it was released. Looking through my old comments, that was really the last time I touched M& B.

yegg said:
I can't tell you how much time I spent playing that mod; I even "beta-tested" 3.0 when it was released. Looking through my old comments, that was really the last time I touched M& B.
It's one of the mods where combat feels really good. It's very important because good-feeling combat makes you enjoy the grind. Gekokujo stabs feel powerful thanks to that overhead spear stab, something I wish ACOK would implement too. ACOK's combat also feels good in its own way (realistic with armor), and I really appreciate the efforts spent to make spears viable. Again though, I'd love to have that overhead stab in ACOK. Unfortunately animation is something I can't mod in myself.

@Cozur
Speaking of combat, I have a little suggestion. I just had fun role playing as a knight-to-be under Edmure Tully. I had to grind in the arena to get the skill points needed for promotion, and while the combat was really fun, I think the EXP rewards for each kill and the victory are way too low. It's 8-12 EXP per kill, and 200 EXP for victory. Would you consider pumping that a bit in the future?

The arena is challenging enough as a leveling ground, especially since enemies sometimes team up against you, so I think it deserves higher EXP rewards. I don't think people will exploit it, because fighting real enemies is still a better source of rewards, since real battles give you loot and EXP for your whole party. Increasing the arena's EXP rewards will make it an interesting past time, especially for freelancers.

Back
Top Bottom