SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Jona22 said:
jiddischer said:
Companions only seem to appear when "gather companions" is activated. Although they probably disappear once they leave the starting city. What bothers me the most is shield bash. Almost impossible to strike from cover in time.

Anyone knows how to start the wildling invasion and the tourney of the tower?

You get the quest for the wilding invasion from a septon in the tavern of White Harbor or from a guy in the castle of white harbor if i remember correctly.

That's the Wight quest that used to lead to the wildling invasion quests in old versions (v2 I think). Then the wildling quest was removed. I tried it but it led to nothing. According to quests.txt it is part of the beyond the wall quest. But I wasn't able to start it. Beyond the wall continued to new Lord Commander right away.

The tourney of the tower quests can be started by talking to Lord Hightower btw (the real one, not Lord Lleyton who is chilling at the castle).

To Cozur: the version 7.0 is currently unplayable. It's not the end of the world but people like me would be pleased if you tell when you patch it

Sergio_Morozov said:
shar_N said:
Maybe after this episode people will stop asking Cozur to add Daenerys  :cool:

Quite the opposite - we need her added and made killable!

In Cozur's version she can be a mad queen back in Mereen and the player would have to finish her, fighting Mormont and her other friends protecting her.
She could have burn Mereen while coming back from the Dothraki sea.

Jona22 said:
You get the quest for the wilding invasion from a septon in the tavern of White Harbor or from a guy in the castle of white harbor if i remember correctly.
I've done this quest but the invasion hasn't come yet. There's also a new wildling quest from Robb Stark. It's short and I have finished it just now, but I don't know if it's the trigger or not. It's been a long time since I played a Northerner, so I don't remember the invasion well.

Edit: I've finished all 3 Night's Watch quest trees, and there's no "invasion" in the sense that there's a new wildling faction like in an older version. I also can't get Night's Watch recruits even after joining the Night's Watch, so you can only range north with other kingdoms' troops. Not what I had in mind. That said, I think my watch playthrough has ended.

Edit 2: I'm an idiot. According to the wiki, there's another quest after you've done the wildfire quest in White Harbor's tavern that triggers the invasion.

jiddischer said:
Companions only seem to appear when "gather companions" is activated. Although they probably disappear once they leave the starting city.

Yeah, I just checked this myself, companions only show up when "gather companions" is on, I even did a cheat run and teleported around the various towns that the companions are known to spawn in and none of them appear to be there.

EDIT: My bad, I didn't know there had been another update.

I'm glad to see that there are improvements in the sellsword system (which i'm not like that much compared to a proper Essos troop tree like in 4.1) in general i have experienced less crashes than in last version, but still more than i would like to, i also think that is good to get rid of the freelancer as they were, but i think it would be awesome to have some customizable troops. By the way, i can't find some of the special troops that used to be in taverns, do you delete them?

Anayway, in general is a good improvement, i just think that Essos needs more love (it's a little bit weird that most of it uses the same troops)

Guys, 7.1 fixes the companions, the mercs and the slavers.

I gotta say an honest criticism here.

Cozur, I died a little when I saw that once again, King's Landing, has a garrison of about 300 men. It is supposed to be the most well fortified and largest city in Westeros. It just makes no sense.

Was there any reasoning behind this? This just kind of makes me discouraged to play as it tells me you're not aware of some long-time present issues of your mod that could be mitigated easily enough or with some work. I love new quests and content as much as the next guy, but functionality should come first, don't you think?

I have to say though, and this applied to the mod for a long time. You've managed to make a mod so immersive that it feels exactly as Game of Thrones set out to in the first season and as  I think Martin set out to make it. I can definitely see some of "his" writing in your quests. It feels a lot more like GoT than the actual show does nowadays. In dialogue, in scenes, in locations, in the equipment and the characters and in every little thing. Well done.

The immersion and polish even surpass the AWOIAF mod which I also love very much. Its hard to say which I like more at this point, but yours definitely wins in these respects as of writing this.

Oh crap. I didn't expect 7.1 to be a full download all over again. I was expecting a small-sized hotfix. I'll have to wait until Monday to play it.

YourStepDad said:
Cozur, I died a little when I saw that once again, King's Landing, has a garrison of about 300 men. It is supposed to be the most well fortified and largest city in Westeros. It just makes no sense.
Not that I'm defending it, but I suppose setting it to around 600 would make it too fortified that the AI won't attack it at all? And it's got wildfire too, so a bigger number might make it too difficult for the player. I agree that King's Landing falls too quickly under an AI attacks, however.

Is renaming ACOK 7.0 to ACOK 7.1 in savegames to have previous savegames really safe? Doesnt it cause any damage, bugs, crashes? And what about 6.2 to 7.1?  :grin:

Braveheart884 said:
Is renaming ACOK 7.0 to ACOK 7.1 in savegames to have previous savegames really safe? Doesnt it cause any damage, bugs, crashes? And what about 6.2 to 7.1?  :grin:
According to some people, version 7.1 is safe-compatible with version 7.0, so yes. However, 6.2 to 7.1 won't work.

So I'm at day 85 and right now and basically everyone is at peace with eachother.
Everyone is teaming up against the Dragonstone. The Westerlands peaced it with everyone but the Dragonstone.
The North and Riverlands are not fighting anyone for some reason.
King's Landing was taken and the Iron Islands already attacked the Riverlands and the North.
Peaced with both after 1 week. Whats going on? Was the Diplomacy completely overhauled in 7.0?

Grank said:
Braveheart884 said:
According to some people, version 7.1 is safe-compatible with version 7.0, so yes. However, 6.2 to 7.1 won't work.

As far as I understand Warband Module System there are two types of incompatibility, let's call them

the Hard one, when savegame will not load - it happens if number of records in troops.txt and similar files changes.

the Soft one, when numbers of records do not change, but records themselves or scripts change and cause issues in the game later after the loading.

Now, not every change to records or scripts will cause soft incompatibility (e.g. changing stats of an item or a troop will be fine, hence the Morgh's editor great utility), but testing for it would be rather time-consuming.

But anyway, if you can load, you try and play. Just do not get disappointed when 50 days later you have game-breaking bug or whatnot.

Razer' said:
So I'm at day 85 and right now and basically everyone is at peace with eachother.
Everyone is teaming up against the Dragonstone. The Westerlands peaced it with everyone but the Dragonstone.
The North and Riverlands are not fighting anyone for some reason.
King's Landing was taken and the Iron Islands already attacked the Riverlands and the North.
Peaced with both after 1 week. Whats going on? Was the Diplomacy completely overhauled in 7.0?

I recall, at least since 4.0 Westerlands peace out with many factions when King's Landing is taken from them, AND Riverlands and North peace out with Westerlands when Riverrun is taken by Westerlands.

And after that diplomacy is gradually unlocked for some factions.

So, you say King's Landing was taken Westerlands?

Is Riverrun taken from Riverlands also?

Riverrun was taken by Westerlands quite early on. No faction based event happened..
Reach took King's Landing and the Westerlands peaced it with North and Riverlands, which is not uncommon. Just don't understand why they peaced it with the Stormlands and Reach too now.
Same with the Iron Islands, the North and the Riverlands making peace.

It's really boring since there is nothing to do now..
Also the essosi factions already declare war on the westerosi factions after just 80 days.

Hi guys i have a problem with the Brothers quest: I became Jaime Lannister and all Lannister enemies attacking me, I have a save just before talking to Tyrion when he sends me to Harrenhall so the quest is onging .. Is there a fix or should i wait for Cozur to fix it... ?

Back
Top Bottom