SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

archaicwarrior said:
What to do late game ?

I started as my own faction, a trader, made friends with everyone, made over 2 million gold. Own a army of 400 quality troops, control Tumbletown and nearby towns, Control the Sisters. Late game great friends in Westeros, enemies across shallow sea.

Not interested in fighting more battle across the sea, fought off their sieges of my cities. things quieting down, not sure what to do next ?

hmmmmmm

I can't answer that, the longest I've gone is day 600ish and that was mostly letting time just run after 400 or so.

kefir4ik said:
hi everyone! playing 6.2. where and how to get valyrian 2h swords?

Capture Lord Randyll Tarly and then talk to him. You will lose relations and some honor I think but you will get valyrian steel 2h sword.

It's been probably close to two years since I last played this mod, so I'm sure a lot has happened, but why on earth has nearly every unique NPC armor (and several playable armors, like the Kingsguard for example) been removed from the game?

ooblagis said:
It's been probably close to two years since I last played this mod, so I'm sure a lot has happened, but why on earth has nearly every unique NPC armor (and several playable armors, like the Kingsguard for example) been removed from the game?

What, you don't like having a million sallets and brigandines?

Hey! Anyone knows why for a example Dragonstone lords don't have any Dragonstone household guards in army like Riverlands or Iron islands do? Feel sorry for dragonstone because their troops are not kinda good at all. I know the troops of every faction i set to have some strenght and weknesess but archers suck, kinghs kinda not that good and bunch of halbadiers who die asap.
Also, any news of a new patch maybe?  :grin:
Long live one true king whos name is Stannis!

Greetings warbanders,
I posted a message regarging ACOK mod into its moddb discussion earlier today. I was told to also post it on the forum, which I assume is here. I suppose, that the comment will actually get more attention here. :smile:
Hello, first of all, I'd like to say: This mod is amazing. Great job guys!!! I've been playing it since 2.2 and it has come a long way. Thank you for the good work!
I also thought, that I'd drop some feedback, some ideas for future work and improvements. Although I understand, that you might have different bugfixing and feature-adding priorities, here is my list of things, that might just make this mod the dream game for me :smile:

1) Beefier horses - So, I have a fully armored horse, but I'm afraid to charge it into battle, because it can and will get one shot by basically any better unit. I'd like to see more armor rating and more health on horses.

2) More dimplomacy and diplomacy fixes - I've seen the AI form alliances, but the option is not showing up for me, even if I've got a 100 faction relationship and I've concluded a defensive pact with that faction. Also, sometimes the defensive pact option appears twice in the minister dialogue. By far the most annoying thing with diplomacy, though, is the fact that AI completely ignores truce and even a non-aggresion pact. If they think, it is the right time to strike, they just attack no matter what, without any penalties (or at least it seams that way). Another time, when a faction A is willing to just attack the player faction is, when a lord from a faction B is taken prisoner by the player and A and B have concluded a defensive pact or an alliance. T me, that reaction is a bit disproportionate. During a war, prisoners are taken and it is not an international crime or something, there no reason, why other factions should see it as a provocation.

3) Player household and/or faction troops - That's something I'd love to see: customizable troops! Wouldn't it be awesome, if you could spend great amounts of that hard earned iron bank money for establishing your own household guard or a knighthood order, like it can be seen in other mods? I say it should be expensive, but possible to outfit them with full plate and it would add a lot of interactibility with the world. As for faction troops, I'd also like to have my own, to actually form my faction (like Aegon does when he lands). As to how they could be recruited, I think it's a good idea, that you can recruit only your faction recruits from any village. You can oufit any peasant to look like he's appart of your army, so why should grapegrove only yield reach troops? If you wanted any other faction troops, you could just change the policy or maybe tell the village elder to follow a different training procedure or something.

4) More config options - I'm unsure if there is an option for turning of shield bash, as I've gotten used to just not using the bashing types, as this feature is more annoying than useful. Also, the falling down when you walk backwards feature is just ridiculous and IT NEEDS TO STOP EXISTING! It is not kingly to trip over his own feet every few moments and it is not even realistic. It ruins the thrilling experience from defeating a horde of enemies with mad tactics and slashing while walking backwards. For me, even if I do defeat them in the end, I'm just frustrated by the amount of tripping that took place, that I can't even enjoy the moment.

5) More fief upgrades and events - That's also something that would allow me to better immerse myself into the world, building more upgrades that matter to your fiefs, making them thrive and safer. That could be tied to events in a form of miniquests from the guildmaster or the village elder. There was a robbery, do something! One option is to let you catch them and defeat them, but we've got a lot of quests like that already, the other options is to let you decide, how the citizens of your fief should proceed to deal with the damage and catch the culprits. Or maybe it could be presented as a decision for you to make. Either you don't have time to do it yourself, but you are able dispatch orders and maybe resources (money, soldiers) to deal with the situation, or you can take the matter into your hands. And all of this might not have happened, if you would have built guard posts and had enough guards (maybe also had a city policy or something... like not going out after dark). A lot of insipiration can be drawn from Nova Aetas or Perisno (or Prophesy of Pendor, I always get these two mixed up).

A giant comment later, that's it from me :smile:
And don't get me wrong, ACOK is still the greatest mod in the universe! I just want to help make it even better.

If you want to fully explore the game, ignore this post.
This guy found the most secret of secrets! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ez2OE7OLRY
with that egg, it seems you can buy anything, but with a single merchant, so it will always feel like a waste of money. I wonder if a special character would give me a good price or reward for it. I would consider to sell it only if the merchant has a lordly plate armor
I didn't test it, but I think not even Aegon Targarien would give you anything in exchange. Cozur, that's a suggestion!

Some suggestions for Cozur:

After the quest behind the wall, make the wildling invasion trigger after some time, and make
Jon Snow
it's king!

Essos troops were cool in precedent versions of the mod, but I understand the sellswords choice. I still would like to see more variety, like the tiger cloaks of Volantis.

Make Dawn a bastard sword.

Allow the player to marry Sansa Stark, and fight to reconquer the north in her name ! (I'm pissed the stark definitely loose the North after a quest)

And give Blackfyre to
Aegon Targaryen

And one question: is the quest "the bastard of Bolton" present in 6.2?

Is something wrong with the mod? Every time I start a new game and get a few hundred days in I get a bug where my character starts automatically gaining massive amounts of exp until I reach max level.

I like 6.2, because it fixes a lot of things from the precedent versions :

-now I can't avoid recruiting units and training them because there is so many bandits with a lot of prisoners
-Jon snow has a role as a faction leader now
-Essos is even better with the units and the improved factions
-the Westerlands can avoid getting wrecked and are more durable against the Reach
-there is challenge with the melee quests (if you play with fair damages) and high rewards
-plate armors make the units very durable now, so you feel rewarded when you upgrade your troops

It is just too bad some characters don't get any love:
-Jaime
-Sansa (I'd love to be able to marry her, but I assume in the game she should be married with Jeoffrey, or even Tyrion)
-Daenerys (who needs to stay in Meereen)
-Arya (with an event that makes her kill the Lannisters after some time, so the factions can go normal diplomacy)
-Melisandre (I actually liked the first version of the quest "the crowned stag" where you meet her. Now you can kill Renly, there is no more justification for the reach to fight against the Lannisters)
-Isha (but I didn't verify if she was a lord already)

Also, there could be a White Walker invasion (with locked diplomacy) because a white walker model should be doable, and it would be a great end game challenge
Finally, I'd love to see a Greyscale Men faction, who would be headed in Chroyane (with locked diplomacy and a huge garrison, but with no lord able to conquer a settlement).

RELEASE THE DAMN PATCH BEFORE I PISS MESELF
profileIcon_13yiga3nsis01.jpg

Trying 6.2 with the linux version (1.173), the game crashes once I enter the character customization menu after choosing my backstory. It just segfault.

I noticed a .exe in the root of the module, are executable needed and if so, is this module linux compatible?

Edit: weirdly enough, the game did not segfault after I switch to another mod played it for a bit then switch back to ACOK. I guess it works then...

And idea for Jaime: since he might have been release, or just evade, he would be part of Tywin army, just as Brienne is in Renly's (or was, if it is no longer the case in this version). Imagine: you would be able to defeat the knigslayer on the field.

For the quest "the crowned stag": wouldn't Brienne comme after you when you finish the quest? could be a great addition!
And, seriously, why the Reach is still involved when Renly is out? They would have none to support as a serious contender for the Iron Throne (exept Stannis, but they are still at war with each other).

An other idea for the North and the Westerlands (+ the Stormlands/Dragonstone): wouldn't it be great to get them constantly in campaign, with the ruler as marshall?
They might also have a bigger personal army. This would stop after King's Landing is taken.
It's just I remarked the warband system is not immersive for those faction, which are supposed to be warring constantly. Also, the Westerlands get wrecked because they are too long to elect a marshall. With this system, they would reconquer lost territories faster.

As always, it is up to Cozur now...

I don't understand how the tactics and formation is supposed to work, especially with companions as troop leaders. How does one assign them that role? Can anybody enlighten me on the formation behavior, or point me towards some kind of documentation? Thanks.

I randomly discovered the shortcut "o" that lead to a companion management screen, however it is impossible to remove a companion equipment from that screen as whenever I click on their side of the screen, it is the equipment of my character that is selected.

A few questions and comments:

1. It seems that The Reach is really OP. Is this the case? I've never seen them lose.

2. What do you advise in terms of getting a guy started. Seems like you really need to be part of a lord's army for a long time to build up stats and money.

3. Is it possible to just raid villages of all factions? Once you get enough hostility/dishonor you cannot sell stuff anywhere, right?

4. Are the Iron Island too weak? Do they need a buff? Same for Dragonstone and Lannisters.

5. How do you get the event to get Daenerys to invade and get Dorne in the war?

6. Where is good to build a productive enterprise and what kind?

7. What is a good way to make money to support your own little army outside of hoping to run into enough bandits. They're so expensive to maintain.

8. Is there any point in playing once the reach has taken over half of westeros? Seems like they can never be stopped.

Thanks so much!

The reach has a good position, right next to their target. Might explain why they have an advantage.

2 / 7 > I'm a mercenary, meaning the kingdom usually pay for the men. I raid the same villages and I have some business a bit everywhere.

8 > you could try to declare war against the reach?

xrogaan said:
The reach has a good position, right next to their target. Might explain why they have an advantage.

2 / 7 > I'm a mercenary, meaning the kingdom usually pay for the men. I raid the same villages and I have some business a bit everywhere.

8 > you could try to declare war against the reach?

The major problem is that the Reach and the Stormlands have different commanders, and they can launch attacks everywhere, torring apart the Stormlands. This problem could be fixed if they were only one faction instead of two.

Back
Top Bottom