SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

RonZo51 said:
First of all i want to say that i absolutely love this mod but is there any way to change my player icon to 3 horses? I know you can do it in the simple_triggers.txt but as soon as i move on the map it changes it back to normal. Would appreciate if someone knows how. :grin:

The Gekokujo mod actually had this where if you had a certain part size, you would have the three horse party icon. I think the minimum number was also affected by whether you are a lord or not. This could easily be added into ACOK I'm sure.

Hi guys. I love the mod. I've been playing the mod on and off since ACOK 2.0. I need a little help, though. I have never experienced this problem before, but for some reasons, whenever I load the mod (or AWOIAF 3.0), the game crashes. "RGL Error", it says. It keeps asking for something called the "earlyz.fxo" shaders. Before the recent 5.0 update, I never had an issue with the mod whatsoever.

Anybody experience this problem and anybody know a fix?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Where can I buy the Halberd or Warhammer? I've checked the Stormlands (is Weeping Town the only town they have?), KL, Duskendale, Tyros, Pentos, Sunspear so far, but no luck. Nothing that even looks like luck, to be honest. Are they simply uncommon compared to all the swords and light spears?

Apocal said:
Where can I buy the Halberd or Warhammer? I've checked the Stormlands (is Weeping Town the only town they have?), KL, Duskendale, Tyros, Pentos, Sunspear so far, but no luck. Nothing that even looks like luck, to be honest. Are they simply uncommon compared to all the swords and light spears?

I'm not sure about warhammers, but as for halberds, I think it's possible to find them in Hull, Gulltown, Selhorys, because Dragonstone, Vale and Volantis have units equipped with halberds. Also they are likely to appear in loot screens after having defeated armies of the mentioned realms (and also sellsword halberdiers and reachman mounted halberdiers have them, I've just recalled). BTW, balanced halberd is my favorite weapon, as well as a good recurved bow with 2 packs of Dothraki, Dornish, piercing or heavy arrows  :razz:
Weeping Town is the only city the Stormlands have. ACOK 5.0.

Shieldwall said:
Apocal said:

I'm not sure about warhammers, but as for halberds, I think it's possible to find them in Hull, Gulltown, Selhorys, because Dragonstone, Vale and Volantis have units equipped with halberds. Also they are likely to appear in loot screens after having defeated armies of the mentioned realms (and also sellsword halberdiers and reachman mounted halberdiers have them, I've just recalled). BTW, balanced halberd is my favorite weapon, as well as a good recurved bow with 2 packs of Dothraki, Dornish, piercing or heavy arrows  :razz:
Weeping Town is the only city the Stormlands have. ACOK 5.0.

Thanks for this, since I was only in game for like 12 days I'm guessing it is because they aren't terribly abundant items. But now that I have one: oh my god, nerf this sick filth. It is like enemy armor is a vaguely unpleasant and distant memory.

For some Reason I'm unable to set the battlesize above 150, It's really bumming me out :sad:
Battlesizer won't work, the in-mod Options won't work, editing the rgl_config doesn't work. It just refuses to go above 150
This is my only real issue with this mod, i love everything else.
Also, why do Dragonstone Archers wear Paper Armor? Like, no armor. I think it was 5? Or 10 at best. Even the Veteran and Elite ones.
I know that Dragonstone Halberdiers are like Locusts eating through Enemy Infantry but that's no reason to make their Archers useless :sad: I can trample them down with my horse i don't even have to attack them, even Outlaw Archers can take more Punishment.

Orcling said:
For some Reason I'm unable to set the battlesize above 150, It's really bumming me out :sad:
Battlesizer won't work, the in-mod Options won't work, editing the rgl_config doesn't work. It just refuses to go above 150
This is my only real issue with this mod, i love everything else.
Also, why do Dragonstone Archers wear Paper Armor? Like, no armor. I think it was 5? Or 10 at best. Even the Veteran and Elite ones.
I know that Dragonstone Halberdiers are like Locusts eating through Enemy Infantry but that's no reason to make their Archers useless :sad: I can trample them down with my horse i don't even have to attack them, even Outlaw Archers can take more Punishment.

How are you using your archers? If taking a town, you send in your kind of tanky infantry first up the ladder, then strategically position your archer groups. I normally have 2 to 4 archer groups, though generally just two unless I see a huge land battle coming up. Note of course, this necessitates you using 4 different kinds of archers and I put melee units in all my archer groups even just a couple of hammermen or something can take care of any cavalry that breaks through to them.

Also, find a tanky infantry, I like the Sistermen here and put them in the main archer group for siegeing, they will draw some enemy fire and take it on their shields, which are kind of suck, but it's better than your archer getting shot.

As to any other situation, your archers shouldn't really be getting hit that much, but as I said, but a two hander melee units with them and they will quickly kill any enemy that wanders too near.

For defending a siege, do not stand on the outer wall if the castle is designed in any way that has a defensible interior. If you stand on the outer wall, your units can get shot by enemy archers.

See the power of blocking the stairs down with your melee units and putting archers in the courtyard or back up on a different interior wall. Also, this is when I normally have 4 archer groups, as I put groups in different places. If enemies are getting shot from multiple angles they don't know which way to turn and can't deal with it. I normally take one archer unit around to a strategic location.

When units reinforce a particular group, to be fair, they do go to that group's location, so won't become part of the mosh pit in the court yard if they don't need to go there, but this is where archers truly shine. I have killed 1400 or so men with my 300 and lost maybe 12 men.

In large group battles take a unit of archers and lead them around to the flank of the enemy. If your melee is tanky enough to not die in the time it takes you to do that you will absolutely destroy the enemy. In big battles this will not only save your troops from an extended battle but it will rack up kills for your archers and your melee as again the AI flips out and doesn't know what to do, so turns their back on the melee.

Basically your archers could have no armor the way I use them, I only look at their ranged damage stats and the bow they get when making my decision.

As regards the AI, it doesn't really matter with a high riding stat and plated warhorse you can ride down any enemy. And we know the AI sucketh, there's not a lot Cozur can do about this, we will see what happens in Bannerlord.

Here's the solution (from reddit):

"Dadoodfromdahood
How i fixed it:
Download ACOK 4.1
Move all the ”northern_horse” files from the ACOK 4.1 textures folder into the ACOK 5.0 textures folder.
I guess Cozur (the mod creator) accidentaly removed the files from the 5.0 download so you can just take them from the 4.1 version."

I just wish companions could pick up battle loot again like they used to be able to back in 4.0 and before. I sent Cozur a message asking about this, if it could be restored in the next update. Here's hoping!

I haven't played this mod before and I can't get it to load properly. The loading screen backdrop is for the base Warband game, which may or may not be as intended, but the load always crashes around the 75% mark with the error "sounds.txt could not be loaded" popping up.

Any ideas? I've only downloaded the 2.1 GB CoK 5.0 module.

EDIT: A redownload fixed the issue.

There's definitely an issue there, as the loading screen should be of Westeros. I'm not sure of the solution, but I'd try over at reddit's r/mountandblade subreddit. They helped me with a ACOK problem once before.

Did you select the correct module in the launcher?

I would like to know why the independent Crackclaw Point faction was created in the mod instead of being part of the Dragonstone faction.Crackclaw Point has never been a faction of its own and far from being separated from Dragonstone, it makes Stannis' faction weak.

It would be great when you found your own kingdom, you could edit the tree of your kingdom's troops yourself and not use a predefined one.
In other mods such as 16th Century is possible and would give a greater incentive to create your own kingdom to your liking, such as freelancers

kokemen said:
I would like to know why the independent Crackclaw Point faction was created in the mod instead of being part of the Dragonstone faction.Crackclaw Point has never been a faction of its own and far from being separated from Dragonstone, it makes Stannis' faction weak.

It would be great when you found your own kingdom, you could edit the tree of your kingdom's troops yourself and not use a predefined one.
In other mods such as 16th Century is possible and would give a greater incentive to create your own kingdom to your liking, such as freelancers

i really agree about cracklaw Kokemen. Variety is never a bad thing but it makes Stannis weaker than he already was :sad:

Indo_95 said:
kokemen said:

i really agree about cracklaw Kokemen. Variety is never a bad thing but it makes Stannis weaker than he already was :sad:

I think Cracklaw faction was made not by taking fiefs from Stannis, but by making new fiefs for them.

Bug where my character continuously gains exp for no reason and levels up extremely quick happened again. This is the second time the bug has occurred and both times happened right as the wildlings invade the north. Anyone else have this problem?

Looking forward to those optimizations you're focusing on for 5.1, hopefully it should run at least 2/3rds as well as AWOIAF (Not trying to flame; just giving my honest opinion).

Lol nope, nothing's changed.

shar_N said:
Bug where my character continuously gains exp for no reason and levels up extremely quick happened again. This is the second time the bug has occurred and both times happened right as the wildlings invade the north. Anyone else have this problem?

Sounds like a good problem to have.

Bergil said:
shar_N said:

Sounds like a good problem to have.

No its not, exp without renown leaves you with bigger parties to face without the manpower to deal with them in any kind of non cheesy way.

5.1 is out now, will test it out on the weekend. Thank you very much for the new release Cozur

So, I only have the briefest of experiences in 5.1 but I think I will keep this save, I had 20ish guys in fighting condition, and came across a beat up 27 Riverlanders fighting 10 Broken men....hmmm 2 of my guys survived, and we won, went from -4 to +2 relations, don't have to worry about them anymore lol I took a hit with the Riverlands but 360 gold cleared that up.

Riverlanders are tough. What happens when in the left over battle 45 Westerlanders have to kill 5 Riverlander survivors? 13 dead Westerlanders and 5 dead Riverlanders.

Well, it's just as fun as ever, I do miss freelancing and playing as my companions but to level more slowly but gain renown I am just settling more into the commander role. Once your companions have 20 strength or whatever and good armor, they can really take care of large groups of wildlings.

Back
Top Bottom