SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

lipeta said:
I am familiar with the formations AI and it is odd that the F4 formation options is missing.
I have tried everything whitin the Mod Options to tried and get this sorted out but no success.

When the menu is on and I hit F4 nothing happens and I am driven back to the orders menu containing the first 3 options only, the default ones F1, F2, and F3.

I have formations in there and they function as they should be. So this must be something about your installation, which suggests redownloading and reinstalling the mod and the patch for it.  (Also are you trying to use them in a regular battle, otherwise [e.g. in sieges] they do not work.)

EDIT: I see huts on the screenshot, is this village battle? Probably no formations in there for everyone all around the world.

Hi Sergio,

Let me thank you for clarifying it to me.
I understand now there are some situations in which the formations are not available in battle.

For testing, with the cheats enabled I have raised an army of a hundred men and engaged in ground battle, there it was...

Cheers

hello guys. i came here to ask you guys something (as i see you as veterans and stuff) quick disclamer i don't watch game of thrones but i might be in future. can you guys quickly say who's bad whos' good (in terms of this mod) and who specializes in what etc. coz i'm just lost idk who to join idk what to do idk who's good or who's bad idk who's inf/cav/archers are good/bad and why. can you guys help ?

addjam said:
hello guys. i came here to ask you guys something (as i see you as veterans and stuff) quick disclamer i don't watch game of thrones but i might be in future. can you guys quickly say who's bad whos' good (in terms of this mod) and who specializes in what etc. coz i'm just lost idk who to join idk what to do idk who's good or who's bad idk who's inf/cav/archers are good/bad and why. can you guys help ?

It's pretty hard to explain who's "good" or who's "bad" but I'll give you a summary. Pick the one you like.

People usually love the Starks (The North). They're the honorable cool dire wolf winter fur coat guys.
People generally hate the Lannisters (The Westerlands), the rich super power lion faction. Most likely because of the incest Lannister couple.
The rightful king is supposed to be the Baratheons (The Stromlands and Dragonstone). Those factions are led by the Baratheon brothers.
The younger brother Renly is friendly, charismatic and pretty but not really worth much. He's also gay.
The elder brother Stannis is the strong, dutiful and stern military badass who's all about duty. Brilliant commander but "has no friend" because he's so just.
The Riverlands are more like the victims of the war.
The Vale is all about honor but they don't jump in into the war.
The Reach is another rich kid who's all about flowers, but actually has some badass characters too. Supports Renly because their "Prince" is Renly's lover.
The Iron Islands are the vikings. The Three Sisters are the lesser-known vikings.

That's Westeros. Essos is another story. Go read the wiki (awoiaf.westeros.org) if you want to know more about the world.

Sky Warden said:
It's pretty hard to explain who's "good" or who's "bad" but I'll give you a summary. Pick the one you like.

People usually love the Starks (The North). They're the honorable cool dire wolf winter fur coat guys.
People generally hate the Lannisters (The Westerlands), the rich super power lion faction. Most likely because of the incest Lannister couple.
The rightful king is supposed to be the Baratheons (The Stromlands and Dragonstone). Those factions are led by the Baratheon brothers.
The younger brother Renly is friendly, charismatic and pretty but not really worth much. He's also gay.
The elder brother Stannis is the strong, dutiful and stern military badass who's all about duty. Brilliant commander but "has no friend" because he's so just.
The Reach is another rich kid who's all about flowers, but actually has some badass characters too. Supports Renly because their "Prince" is Renly's lover.
The Iron Islands are the vikings. The Three Sisters are the lesser-known vikings.

That's Westeros. Essos is another story. Go read the wiki (awoiaf.westeros.org) if you want to know more about the world.
thanks bud no i know some stuff(lore) but can you now please explain mod units ? who has good inf and rtc ? don't get me wrong i'm greatfull that you gave me quick lore "Shot" coz that ll help me join some faction but now i ll love to know how unit quality etc looks in this mod

addjam said:
Sky Warden said:

thanks bud no i know some stuff(lore) but can you now please explain mod units ? who has good inf and rtc ? don't get me wrong i'm greatfull that you gave me quick lore "Shot" coz that ll help me join some faction but now i ll love to know how unit quality etc looks in this mod

Westeros: North, Reach, Dorne, Westerlands, Riverlands, Vale, Dragonstone, Stormlands, Iron islands, Three Sisters, Wildlings, Targaryens.

Westeros factions have almost similar all-around balanced troop trees, except Iron Islands and Three Sisters (who only have infantry and specialize in it), and Riverlands, who have a cheaty troops tree with good infantry and heavy knights (26 level) who are easy to train (right from level 19 infantry, while other factions get 19inf->24cav->25cav->26cav progression).

Generally Northen cavalry is considered bad, because they have no armored horses.
Dornish cavalry is considered bad, because their 24cav is a skirmisher, 25cav is an archer.

Longbowmen are considered better than archers, and Stormlands, Dragonstone, Iron Islands, North, Three sisters have archers, all other Westeros factions have longbowmen.

Wildlings have bad equipment and are arguably the worst, also you can not hire wildlings and targaryen troops from villages.

The best troops of Westeros would be
Infantry: Vale sergeants (19inf) (heavy plate+spiked mace), or higher-level Ironborn and Sisterman Elite Retainers, or Riverlands veteran Two-handers.
Stormlands Hammermen, serjeants and Vale elite men-at-arms have blunt weapons.
Cavalry: Riverlands Knights, Reach, Westerlands, Stormlands heavy knights (Other heavy knights do not get plated or mailed horses).

Sellswords: Generally not so good and pricey, Hedge Knights totally not worth their upkeep.

Essos:
Volantis is all-cavalry. Dothraki are all light cavalry. Other factions either have no cavalry, or have little, and all the troop trees are somewhat different, but you get ranged and melee branches, some factions have crossbowmen.
Braavosi two-handers are useless. AI does not know how to use an estoc (mainly because they are allowed to slash with it, and they do that, to no avail).
Pentoshi two-handers rule (unless they see archers on a hill while below the hill themselves, hehehe).
Qohorik guardsmen are said to be good, as are Myrish crossbowmen.

Sky Warden said:
People generally hate the Lannisters (The Westerlands), the rich super power lion faction. Most likely because of the incest Lannister couple.*
The elder brother Stannis is the strong, dutiful and stern military badass who's all about duty. Brilliant commander but "has no friend" because he's so just.**

*) Nuuu, come on, Myrcella is so cute!

**)Just right until
he gets all into a new (for Westeros, not for the World itself) religion (and a hot-looking concubine... well... magically hot-looking... Hot... Also a pun...) and uses blood magic, and slaughters his relative(s).

says "for 1.66"

but the newest release is 1.68.

Can I still use this?

Also does it work for earlier versions like 1.49 or whatever? Just worried before I download the huge file.

Penlord said:
says "for 1.66"

but the newest release is 1.68.

Can I still use this?

Also does it work for earlier versions like 1.49 or whatever? Just worried before I download the huge file.

It works for 168.
It may NOT work for versions earlier than specified.

I would assume any mod for older version works with newer versions, but not vice versa.
Much like you can open old MSOffice .doc files with new MSOffice, but you can not not open new .docx files with older MSOffice.

TheDragonknight said:
For the targeryen questline I whenever I talk to the arhon to claim my reward it doesn't work... And theres no castellian in tyrosh I dont know what to do.
In Tyrosh castelan is on the first flour .On the gallery. you have to go upstairs . :smile:

Just some feedback on 2.2 after a campaign became unplayable after some broken quest because of destroyed factions.

Diplomacy - Honestly I would keep it locked because if Tyrosh gets destroyed the quest from Illyrio Mopatis can not be completed because the faction leader has left the realm. Maybe there can be a player triggered event that unlocks diplomacy in Essos otherwise it should be just little trade wars. As of Now and on my third character it is getting old seeing Volantis destroy all of the free cities. By day 120 Myr, Tyrosh, Pentosh, and Norvos.   

Invading factions - They all die off unless the player joins there faction and helps them take a settlement, this just adds a influx of lords who abandon their starting faction to the winning faction and creates a snowball effect. Looks ridiculous to see dothraki, wilding, and targaryen lords joining the Reach in droves. It worked much better when they got a settlement.

Iron Islands - They should only declare war on the North when they invade, in not the Riverlands ends up taking towns like Barrowton, Flint's Finger, and most of the Iron Islands to destroy the faction. 

Kingslanding - The garrison for this settlement needs to be buffed or it will fall to the Reah fairly easy, I would double the garrison or make it close to 1000 strong. This should be the ultimate prize and therefore be one of the hardest settlements to take in the realm sort of like the ultimate boss battle. 

Balancing:

Economies - After a town is taken they mostly produce gold cups making it hard to find food in certain places.

Riverland Troop tree - The Knights and veteran two-handers are a bit too powerful for the state this faction should be in. For the knights I would ditch the mail horse and the great helm. The vet two hander I would lose the great helmet as well and maybe give them a mail coif.

Volantis - If this is going to be a pure cavalry faction I would ditch all shields from this faction otherwise they will just steamroll everything.

Past Features:

NPC companions - I really miss the NPC followers Kings had in past versions, it really made joining a retinue of a king awesome and immersive when you can follow and fight next to characters like Brienne of Tarth on the battlefield.

Elite Bows - The weirwood and drogonbone bows are sorely missed, I hope you can bring they back as regular bows just don't cut it for a late game character. The argument about them being OP is weak, they could easily be balanced by making they do 1 point more damage then the master crafted decorated longbow. Why not have a quest where the weirwood branch can be made into a longbow from the one you find from exploring?

New Valerian Swords - It would be nice if they where implemented and the scabbards had straps.

Anyways thanks for the mod and I look forward to the next version.

CPU: 5820k.
GPU: SLI GTX 980Ti.
RAM: 16 GB, high speed.
Game installed on: Solid State Drive.
Graphics Settings: Low
Mod: Clash of Kings 2.2

Battle Size: 300 - FPsecond 27, some stutter.
Battle Size: 400 - FPsecond 17, lots of stutter.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Graphics Settings: Ultra
Mod: Native

Battle Size: 400 - FPsecond 60 (vsync cap.)

^^^^^ What the ****?
Checked MSI Afterburner, says GPU is barely being used. Game has super high RAM usage (2 GB) and 25% of CPU.

reiksmarshal said:
Just some feedback on 2.2 after a campaign became unplayable after some broken quest because of destroyed factions.

Diplomacy - Honestly I would keep it locked because if Tyrosh gets destroyed the quest from Illyrio Mopatis can not be completed because the faction leader has left the realm. Maybe there can be a player triggered event that unlocks diplomacy in Essos otherwise it should be just little trade wars. As of Now and on my third character it is getting old seeing Volantis destroy all of the free cities. By day 120 Myr, Tyrosh, Pentosh, and Norvos.   

Invading factions - They all die off unless the player joins there faction and helps them take a settlement, this just adds a influx of lords who abandon their starting faction to the winning faction and creates a snowball effect. Looks ridiculous to see dothraki, wilding, and targaryen lords joining the Reach in droves. It worked much better when they got a settlement.

Iron Islands - They should only declare war on the North when they invade, in not the Riverlands ends up taking towns like Barrowton, Flint's Finger, and most of the Iron Islands to destroy the faction. 

Kingslanding - The garrison for this settlement needs to be buffed or it will fall to the Reah fairly easy, I would double the garrison or make it close to 1000 strong. This should be the ultimate prize and therefore be one of the hardest settlements to take in the realm sort of like the ultimate boss battle. 

Balancing:

Economies - After a town is taken they mostly produce gold cups making it hard to find food in certain places.

Riverland Troop tree - The Knights and veteran two-handers are a bit too powerful for the state this faction should be in. For the knights I would ditch the mail horse and the great helm. The vet two hander I would lose the great helmet as well and maybe give them a mail coif.

Volantis - If this is going to be a pure cavalry faction I would ditch all shields from this faction otherwise they will just steamroll everything.

Past Features:

NPC companions - I really miss the NPC followers Kings had in past versions, it really made joining a retinue of a king awesome and immersive when you can follow and fight next to characters like Brienne of Tarth on the battlefield.

Elite Bows - The weirwood and drogonbone bows are sorely missed, I hope you can bring they back as regular bows just don't cut it for a late game character. The argument about them being OP is weak, they could easily be balanced by making they do 1 point more damage then the master crafted decorated longbow. Why not have a quest where the weirwood branch can be made into a longbow from the one you find from exploring?

New Valerian Swords - It would be nice if they where implemented and the scabbards had straps.

There's a submod that solves all of those (except the lord retinue character one)

If I could suggest one little thing, I'd like to see the shorter variant of the Bastard Sword, the one that's just a little longer than arming swords, to be sheathed on the hip rather than the back. It just feels really weird to see a sword that length strapped on the back.

shar_N said:
reiksmarshal said:

Balancing:

Past Features:

There's a submod that solves all of those (except the lord retinue character one)
A submod? Where can I find those?
It's a bit shameful to admit, but I've no idea how to cope with the way TW decided to deal with this mod's subforum - or lack thereof. Paradox Interactive has absolutely no issue giving separate boards to mods based on popular works of fiction, yet Taleworlds insists on not giving the arguably biggest mod for their flagship title its own forums because... copyright trademark something something hurr durr. It's just really weird.

shar_N said:
reiksmarshal said:

Whaaat, where?

(And also, how? Because implementing some of the "fixes" would assume having the source code which only the author has, or editing savegames, which would mean this is not a "submod", but, rather, a set of instructions...)

As a little workaround with the invading factions problem I enabled cheats: shift+~ then type "cheatmenu", (nocheatmenu to turn off).  This allowed me to go to any town/castle and besiege/instant capture with no battle.  You need to be a part of a faction that the invading faction will be at war with - I chose Iron Islands for the Targ invasion.  Right as they landed I insta-captured the castles Rain House, Mistwood, and Greenstone as well as The Weeping Town, asking no rewards and leaving no garrison.  This will leave the garrison at 0 or very few soldiers by the time the lords get to besieging themselves.  One problem was that Dorne sailed across and took the Weeping Town and Mistwood before I realized what happened.  Easy fix was to just insta-capture the town/castle again once the Dornish lords traveled far away enough that the don't return before the Targ lords can get to them. 

Having done that I went up north and triggered the Free Folk invasion doing the same though I was with the North after leaving the Iron Islands.  You could also use Riverlands for this if you don't want to risk any lords of the North getting angry with you, although I did notice any bad reputation hits.  As a vassal of the North I took Last Hearth, Karhold and the Dreadfort wiping out their garrison.  Oddly enough the majority of the Free Folk lords immediately went raiding the closest village instead of going after a castle, but two snuck away and took the Dreadfort with ease. 

That was all around day 25 of my playthrough and I triggered the invasions soon after Renly declared himself king and the Reach joined up. 

Now on day 75 everyone is still around and as far as I know no invading faction lords have run off to greener pastures.  The Targs still hold Rain House, Mistwood, Greenstone, and the Weeping Town but have also taken on their own Griffin's Roost and Ashford.  The Free Fold hold the initial castles I assisted with - Last Hearth, Karhold and Dreadfort (have lost that once or twice though) and have gone down and taken White Harbor which I've never seen happen in any previous versions.  Other things of note, Dorn took Goldengrove then lost it to the Westerlands who, in turn, lost it back to the Reach.  Dragonstone has taken Tumbleton as well as Haystack and Evenfall Halls.  Iron Islands had taken Fairmarket and Barrowtown and have lost them back to the Riverlands and the North respectively.  Westerlands have taken Maidenpool and still hold King's Landing - in fact I don't ever think it's been beseiged by anyone yet, still full of Goldcloaks.

Only faction so far that has been eliminated is Lys as it was teamed up on by Volantis, Myr and Tyrosh.  The Dothrakhi invasion has yet to happen but I'll be giving them an assist with some castles as well. 

I should also note that at the initial invasion for both Targs and Free Folk I forced the North and Stormlands to hold a feast which can be done with cheat menu enabled and going under the reports button and choosing something faction related menu (I can't remember exactly what).  This will cause a lot of the lords to run off to a feast for a while and can give the invading faction more time to get some castles.

Penlord said:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^^^^^ What the ****?
Checked MSI Afterburner, says GPU is barely being used. Game has super high RAM usage (2 GB) and 25% of CPU.

Anyone have ANY clues on this?

Penlord said:
Penlord said:

^^^^^ What the ****?

Anyone have ANY clues on this?

Are you by chance in "edit mode" or trying to record a video?

Back
Top Bottom