SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Is there a strategy guide available? I've gone around doing quests and making some money, but now I don't know whether to join a faction or start my own kingdom to maximise the "role-play potential". Would I lose any content if I run for king?

In 2.2 will the Riverlands declare war on the Free Folk after the invasion? If they're supposed to be part of Robb's greater kingdom they should participate in his wars. They have nothing to do after wiping out the Iron Islands anyways. Just a suggestion.

koteko said:
Is there a strategy guide available? I've gone around doing quests and making some money, but now I don't know whether to join a faction or start my own kingdom to maximise the "role-play potential". Would I lose any content if I run for king?

There are some let's plays on youtube, and a quest guide on moddb, but I don't think there's like a walkthrough on FAQs or anything because it's much to broad. Cozur has done what he can to make you feel like you are riding around Westeros, and even around Oldtown or whatever, but it's you that has to forge your own identity there. Generally becoming your own King, say taking over Tyrosh (my favourite place to start), does not prevent you from doing any other quests unless they are quests that require you to be a vassal (actually I think you can still become a vassal after starting your own kingdom). I think the Kill Renly quest comes if you are a vassal and so on. Also, do you want to start the Targ or Free Folk invasions? Stuff like that, but I think you can do either if you have your own Kingdom.

I haven't played 2.1 though, I will get back into the game with 2.2

I am getting a crash on the loading screen for both the 2.1 alone and with the patch 1 for 2.1.  I downloaded, uncompressed, and copied the files as usual into my module folder.

I am using a Mac and am accessing M&B through steam.  Native and several other mods are running fine. Version 2.0 also works fine.  Any suggestions?

koteko said:

Possible quest spoilers:
Tyrosh ruler is needed for Targaryen invasion (as of 2.1, not needed in 2.0).
Harrenhall has to be held by Westerlands for player to get a Valyrian great mace.
Certain Essos lords are needed for a quest which rewards a Valyrian shortsword.
Dreadfort has to be held by North for a quest about killing someone evil.
King's Landing has to be held by Westerlands for a quest which rewards somewhat crappy armor.

And you can not fight as a soldier/freelancer in a lord's army after you establish your kingdom.

Sabbthiel said:
I am getting a crash on the loading screen for both the 2.1 alone and with the patch 1 for 2.1.  I downloaded, uncompressed, and copied the files as usual into my module folder.

I am using a Mac and am accessing M&B through steam.  Native and several other mods are running fine. Version 2.0 also works fine.  Any suggestions?

Any error message? Perhaps out of virtual memory or does it just close? Check your settings on the launcher. Do you have "Load textures on demand" checked on? If no, check it. If it still crashes, try to disable both pixel shader and vertex shader. This mod is heavy, and I always play it with shaders off. Never had any problem with it. Hope it'll help you.

By the way, can you lower the strength requirement for Aemond's armor set? I liked how it served as a rather decent armor for early game in the previous versions, but now it's totally not worth using at all.

Sky Warden said:
Sabbthiel said:

Any error message? Perhaps out of virtual memory or does it just close? Check your settings on the launcher. Do you have "Load textures on demand" checked on? If no, check it. If it still crashes, try to disable both pixel shader and vertex shader. This mod is heavy, and I always play it with shaders off. Never had any problem with it. Hope it'll help you.

By the way, can you lower the strength requirement for Aemond's armor set? I liked how it served as a rather decent armor for early game in the previous versions, but now it's totally not worth using at all.

Sorry, it is crashing on the initial loading screen, not the load game screen.  So I am not even getting to the in game options. 
Virtual and hardware memory shouldn't be a problem.  Also, I have played all previous versions of the mod with no problem, and my other mods seem to be working. No error message, just open load screen (which appears to be the native loading screen) and then crash to desktop. Is there a log somewhere I can provide?  I re downloaded the mod and patch and the same crash.

Disabling sound/music does not help. 

Kalew said:
Kalew said:
I can't start the game, it shows an error and says "get_shader failed for: waving_flag_shader.
I've tried reinstalling, still the same problem.

Can anyone please help me with that?

Did you solve this yet?  If not, try making sure your copy of Warband is updated to the latest patch.  That's what solved this problem for me.

I have a small suggestion regarding the recent fantastic work you've done with the exploration feature.

Would you consider adding Greywater Watch around the neck? I was thinking if there was a way to do it so that it spawns similar to the RNG that goes into the bandit camps it would give the impression that it moves around and would force the player to go looking for it without knowing its exact location. Which would appear to be lore friendly.

Anyways, just a thought.

I've also just started my own faction and noticed that the player faction troop tree has been replaced by sellswords. Is this intentional or a bug? I really enjoyed the players troops and hope to see them return.

Sabbthiel said:
Sky Warden said:
Sabbthiel said:

Sorry, it is crashing on the initial loading screen, not the load game screen.  So I am not even getting to the in game options. 
Virtual and hardware memory shouldn't be a problem.  Also, I have played all previous versions of the mod with no problem, and my other mods seem to be working. No error message, just open load screen (which appears to be the native loading screen) and then crash to desktop. Is there a log somewhere I can provide?  I re downloaded the mod and patch and the same crash.

Disabling sound/music does not help.

Got it working.  Thanks for the help and suggestions.

I am going to chalk this up to black magic.  I think for some reason when I copied and pasted the module over it was only copying some of the files.  I noticed that the new folder was only 300mb large and that could not be right.  So I copy and pasted using the tool bar and this time got the full folder over.  Then it would load to the start menu but die right after clicking start new game.  Loaded in the new patch using the tool bar and now it works fine. 

Again thanks for the support, and the awesome mod.

Will there be a progression to Red Wedding right before Wildlings invade the North and House Bolton seperates from The North.

Could I suggest that you add the players troop tree to be added to the to do list for 2.2 and that the diplomacy between Essos and Westeros doesn't lead to an intercontinental war. Westeros is so busy fighting itself that Essos ends up taking a lot of the eastern cities.

The river lands 2 handed troops were originally labeled as archers if you're really interested in knowing.

Looking forward to 2.2

In KL there is some naked npc, plus after you've done the Tyrion quest you can't go to the tower of hand. Is that intentional?

Lys no longer had the blonde chick as its citizen. Also i find it absurd that all the girls' facial texture is the same and doesn't age, it makes the game unrealistic. You can't even have the Black Pearl of Braavos or Olenna because of it. It'll be interesting if the Iron throne room have more feature, like guards or some characters instead of empty boring hallway. Even better if its back as the city's keep scene.

Hello, I just have a quick question. I haven't played in a while and I was wondering if it was still possible to recruit mounted sergeants from towns and castles. I tried in my playthrough and I can't find it. The special troops of areas like Casterly Rock are also nowhere to be found.

I really do enjoy exploring the minor area's on the map (places in white text) best new feature so far!  And thank you for finally giving us some decent music on the campaign map and in battle as well!

Menethil2 said:
...Also i find it absurd that all the girls' facial texture is the same and doesn't age, it makes the game unrealistic. You can't even have the Black Pearl of Braavos or Olenna because of it. It'll be interesting if the Iron throne room have more feature, like guards or some characters instead of empty boring hallway. Even better if its back as the city's keep scene.

With some tweaking you can revert female face meshes and textures to native ones...
That's what I did.

I have full 2.1 and when I do part 6 of Targaryen invasion ( Ask Archon.....) There is no dialogue option at all for it. The quest is stuck. Any help?

Back
Top Bottom