SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Zod said:
Is there a way to prevent patrols you send out from getting annihilated, or at least lasting more than a day? I've sent large patrols out and they disappear within a day, one even made up of 150 troops (levies) I recruited myself.

Are patrols even worth sending out?

Isn't it kind of obvious that a patrol of just levies is going to be destroyed fairly easily? :razz:

The last ACOK version I played is 1.4 I think, and it had unique troops for all the Essos factions. In this one they're all sellsword halbrieders and bowmen! Is this by design? If so why? I miss the bravossi 2handers and myrman crossbowmen!

Cozur said:
I replaced the war hammer model a few patches back, to differentiate it a bit from the various maces.

At default now though it's at 44 or something, which is now 20 or so shorter than the mace, that's a lot when your average 1H sword has 78 or so, it's not a big deal though since Morgh's is so easy to use.

KidStein said:
Zod said:
Is there a way to prevent patrols you send out from getting annihilated, or at least lasting more than a day? I've sent large patrols out and they disappear within a day, one even made up of 150 troops (levies) I recruited myself.

Isn't it kind of obvious that a patrol of just levies is going to be destroyed fairly easily? :razz:

Well it first happened with much more expensive troops I trained myself, then after googling the issue I heard that autocalc doesn't take unit quality into account like it should and large armies of cheap troops works just as well.

I can try a large force of 200+ levies that I train myself a few levels and see what happens but I'm asking if others have ever had success with patrols because it seems like the game doesn't support them very well.

Dornish Sergeants are updated to much worse cavalry. They have some javelins, a sword and bad armor. It's not even worth it to upgrade sergeants because the next tier cavalry takes so much xp.

Kalew said:
Dornish Sergeants are updated to much worse cavalry. They have some javelins, a sword and bad armor. It's not even worth it to upgrade sergeants because the next tier cavalry takes so much xp.
That seems to be a bit of a common theme. You get some good infantry, upgrade them to garbage cavalry, then can upgrade them to good cavalry then top tier cavalry.

Zod said:
KidStein said:
Zod said:

Well it first happened with much more expensive troops I trained myself, then after googling the issue I heard that autocalc doesn't take unit quality into account like it should and large armies of cheap troops works just as well.

I can try a large force of 200+ levies that I train myself a few levels and see what happens but I'm asking if others have ever had success with patrols because it seems like the game doesn't support them very well.

I think it just depends on how you use patrols. If you want to use them like an AI army to help defend your lands, it probably won't work. By the time I get to the point where I am using patrols, my army is fairly large and I move slowly on the map. So I use my patrols kind of like bait to have the enemies attack them or have the patrols chase the enemy down. And while they're busy, I swoop in and join the fight. (:

KidStein said:
Zod said:
KidStein said:
Zod said:

I think it just depends on how you use patrols. If you want to use them like an AI army to help defend your lands, it probably won't work. By the time I get to the point where I am using patrols, my army is fairly large and I move slowly on the map. So I use my patrols kind of like bait to have the enemies attack them or have the patrols chase the enemy down. And while they're busy, I swoop in and join the fight. (:

It would be nice if we could just set the troops to patrol, that way you could put in your own nice mix.

It would be nice to see new castles on the map, such as Greywater Watch, the Trident (Red, Green, Blue Fork), Kingshouse, Driftwood Hall, Deepdown, Blackwood Vale, Oxcross, Ashemark, Riverspring, etc.

Keep up the good work.

viperswhip said:
It would be nice if we could just set the troops to patrol, that way you could put in your own nice mix.

You can. That's what I originally did. Talk to your castellan and you can set a patrol from your garrison. You can have a patrol of 200+ heavy knights if you want.

I just don't think they'd accomplish much. A massive patrol, like 500+, might chase lords away. In my current game Myr has a patrol of 547 troops that everyone runs away from.

I seem to be getting no rents from castles or villages. I tried using tweakmb but it isn't able to modify any of the budget settings. Is there a way to fix this?

Kazansky22 said:
I'm curious has anyone been able to get Towns to actually make enough money to support their own garrisons?

Well, what are you using for garrisons? Towns derive their income from the villages that are in their sphere of influence, and if you look at AI garrisons, that's why there are 300 mixed recruits there, and not 300 knights.

For myself, I regularly put 1000 highly trained soldiers in my capital, but ya, it's a money pit, that's why I own business everywhere and have my villages fully upgraded. Don't put villages in your towns influence under the command of vassals, they suck at maintaining them, but do a decent job with security, but it's up to you.

zolstarym said:
I seem to be getting no rents from castles or villages. I tried using tweakmb but it isn't able to modify any of the budget settings. Is there a way to fix this?

I don't have this problem, but that really sucks.

Cozur, have you considered bringing back Riverlands as a standalone faction in 2.1? I rarely played vanilla M&B so I don't know best how diplomacy works, but can you perhaps lock Riverlands and North into alliance? It's a shame that North has so many problems in marshaling it's troops south. If I remember well, Riverlands were merged because they got destroyed easily at the beginning. Maybe you should speed up Dragonstone/Reach/Stormlands entering the war, that would give Lannisters more targets instead of only Riverlands (and the North).

The Free Folk is kind of a stupid faction. They don't really exists in the show/book like they do in this game. The North is so busy fighting against the south that the wildlings take over the whole north... Why not give them just one army - Mance Rayder's party or something like that, that has huge numbers.

Hi,
it´s maybe some pathfinding bug. Armies, caravan etc are stucked in that point on the map. I tried to fight close to them so they would be able to join the fight but when the fight ended they started to continue on their way but got stucked on the exact point as before.
http://s10.postimg.org/jjrpyvfbt/mb1.jpg

I don't know if I missed something or you said something about it before Cozur, but I'm wondering if you'll bring back Castamere as a location in next update? I saw a lot of people playing Reyne character, so it would be cool to have Castamere again.

Back
Top Bottom