SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Shadow_Ordo said:
My mistake, I meant to express places like Winterfel and Highgarden should be towns, not cities like King's Landing.
King's landing shouldn't be a town!?  In the books it says King's landing was a centre of economy withmerchants coming from everywhere before the poverty of the war. King's Landing has to be a town in this mod. But yeah aside from tbat I agree with you

Xzayler said:
Shadow_Ordo said:
My mistake, I meant to express places like Winterfel and Highgarden should be towns, not cities like King's Landing.
King's landing shouldn't be a town!?  In the books it says King's landing was a centre of economy withmerchants coming from everywhere before the poverty of the war. King's Landing has to be a town in this mod. But yeah aside from tbat I agree with you

Uhh, ok, look I think you are misunderstanding me. Your first reply to my post about this made it seem you thought I meant places like Winterfel should be cities, I meant they should be towns; King's Landing should be a "city". I was correcting what I thought I had failed at expressing properly.

Just read that the tavern animations will be in next release on Modb, thanks Cozur, that's amazing. As always we all appreciate your work!

By the way, how can I go about changing the color of my kingdom? As I am sure many here know, the color is exactly the same as the Westerners. I watched a video of Reformist where he somehow changed the player kingdom colors mid game but never showed how. I have been reading you need to edit the faction.txt file, yet I do not understand the process.

Anyone here know the trick to doing this?

Shadow_Ordo said:
When being a soldier in a lords army, is it suppose to be after a siege you get no loot? I also have yet to get any from a ship battle. Lastly, Does the lords looting skill and surviving a fight (not being knocked out) affect the ability to get loot?
you dont get loot after sea battles which sucks but i think the sea battles are a working project i still get troops who fall into the sea and stroll about on the sea floor making sea battles a pain. as for seiges i tend to find that you dont get much loot off of them and you hardly get any loot from the lords when you are fighting as a.solider in their army. im not sure  about the lords looting ability but i would have thought that it should help and i don think that the lord being knocked out during the battle will effect the loot provided that your army obviously wins

Shadow_Ordo said:
By the way, how can I go about changing the color of my kingdom? As I am sure many here know, the color is exactly the same as the Westerners. I watched a video of Reformist where he somehow changed the player kingdom colors mid game but never showed how. I have been reading you need to edit the faction.txt file, yet I do not understand the process.

its a hell of alot easyer than that go to camp take an.action redye map click on the faction name that will appear on the screan which i think will be the stormlands then you will get a drop down menu choose your faction then mix up the colours till you get a shade that you are happy with equally you can make an enemy factions colour pink just for fun :smile:

Xzayler said:
letalec said:
It crashes every time it loads a battlefield. I need a better computer.

Im playing this game with 2GB ram, 256 Mb video ram can put blood and medium graphics, battle size over 100 but no corpses. I tried once actually, it wasnt that bad with all the dead lying there. I don't remember why I turned it off. So, I dont really see how could you have a worse computer than that.

768MB RAM, 128MB video :smile: i saw no reason to buy a new one, it runs all my favorite stuff, Civilization II, Minesweeper and of course ACOK 1.0 :smile:

letalec said:
Xzayler said:
letalec said:

Im playing this game with 2GB ram, 256 Mb video ram can put blood and medium graphics, battle size over 100 but no corpses. I tried once actually, it wasnt that bad with all the dead lying there. I don't remember why I turned it off. So, I dont really see how could you have a worse computer than that.

768MB RAM, 128MB video :smile: i saw no reason to buy a new one, it runs all my favorite stuff, Civilization II, Minesweeper and of course ACOK 1.0 :smile:
Oh.. thats awkward

And Shdow, is there a difference between city and town in ACOK? As far as I know theres only villages, castles and towns. Thus King's landing and Winterfell should be both Towns or cities or whatever you wanna call it

letalec said:
Xzayler said:
letalec said:

It didn't quite run ACoK since it crashed did it?

chunder_bot said:
Shadow_Ordo said:

its a hell of alot easyer than that go to camp take an.action redye map click on the faction name that will appear on the screan which i think will be the stormlands then you will get a drop down menu choose your faction then mix up the colours till you get a shade that you are happy with equally you can make an enemy factions colour pink just for fun :smile:

Thanks for the assistance on my two questions! I think I will just be a merc warband from now on, I had thought serving in a lord's army was more profitable form some videos i watched. Clearly that is not the case.

So nice having a better kingdom color that is not a copy of the Lannisters, you saved me alot of time on learning editing my files! thank you!

Shadow_Ordo said:
chunder_bot said:
Shadow_Ordo said:

its a hell of alot easyer than that go to camp take an.action redye map click on the faction name that will appear on the screan which i think will be the stormlands then you will get a drop down menu choose your factkion then mix up the colours till you get a shade that you are happy with equally you can make an enemy factions colour pink just for fun :smile:

Thanks for the assistance on my two questions! I think I will just be a merc warband from now on, I had thought serving in a lord's army was more profitable form some videos i watched. Clearly that is not the case.

So nice having a better kingdom color that is not a copy of the Lannisters, you saved me alot of time on learning editing my files! thank you!
You should look over the mod options as well, theres cool stuff like minimap, health bars, lancer/horse archer fix, tournament settings, AI settings, Battle Continuation setting. Look over verything. Btw, if you check the Polearm fix for infantry, be careful because for example dehorsed knights will try to fight with their super long spears unless thy're totally surrounded. If theres like one enemy running after him, its just gonna be a lost cause to go close combat with a lance. I like to have a separate division for spearmen to put in front before an enemy charge. It really works. Then its easy to make my spearmen use their spears, however its just easier and more effective to tell them to use polearms and when the frontal charge becomes a cluster fight, tell the to switch to any weapon.
And look over the camp menu too including take an action but i guessed you already noticed it if you know how to re-dye your map

Podiddle said:
I've been having an issue with units not equipping their blunt weapons even if I give them one to use.  This includes units that have them in the first place such as mounted units. Any fixes for this?

Try putting the blunt weapon in a different slot. 3 always seems to be bugged for me.

Xzayler said:
Shadow_Ordo said:
chunder_bot said:
Shadow_Ordo said:

its a hell of alot easyer than that go to camp take an.action redye map click on the faction name that will appear on the screan which i think will be the stormlands then you will get a drop down menu choose your factkion then mix up the colours till you get a shade that you are happy with equally you can make an enemy factions colour pink just for fun :smile:

You should look over the mod options as well, theres cool stuff like minimap, health bars, lancer/horse archer fix, tournament settings, AI settings, Battle Continuation setting. Look over verything. Btw, if you check the Polearm fix for infantry, be careful because for example dehorsed knights will try to fight with their super long spears unless thy're totally surrounded. If theres like one enemy running after him, its just gonna be a lost cause to go close combat with a lance. I like to have a separate division for spearmen to put in front before an enemy charge. It really works. Then its easy to make my spearmen use their spears, however its just easier and more effective to tell them to use polearms and when the frontal charge becomes a cluster fight, tell the to switch to any weapon.
And look over the camp menu too including take an action but i guessed you already noticed it if you know how to re-dye your map

Alright I will look into this a bit more, thanks! I did turn on the enemy health bars but i might turn on allies aswell, not sure if it gets confusing after a certain point. I will take your suggestion with pikeman, they have proven quite deadly in field charge defense, need to see how they handle castle sieges.

Another random question from me, why is it when I do to the Septry to seek out Elder Brother I am told he is at Fairmarket, yet when I search high and low for him, does not seem to be around?

Shadow_Ordo said:
Another random question from me, why is it when I do to the Septry to seek out Elder Brother I am told he is at Fairmarket, yet when I search high and low for him, does not seem to be around?

Did you check the the keep/castle at fairmarket?

if you take over a town and decide to "choose later who to give it to". How Do I actually give it to someone then? None of my advisors give me that option.

Great mod, I'm enjoying it a lot.

However, I'm having a bit of trouble with the faces, unless they are intended to look like this:
3B2817F6A4C41CC7F4A6683F113FB39260E50DEC

Is it because of the textures?

Leberecht Reinhold said:
Great mod, I'm enjoying it a lot.

However, I'm having a bit of trouble with ze faces, unless they are intended to look like this:
3B2817F6A4C41CC7F4A6683F113FB39260E50DEC

Is it because of ze textures?

man she is hot

Back
Top Bottom