SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Mithras said:
Cozur, I don't know if you are reading this thread, but is it possible to program NPC party's (Lords and Patrol's I guess) to not attack quest objective bandit party's? Almost all of the time, whenever I get a "troublesome badit" quest, or "hunt down raiders with descrition x around town y", they get killed by NPC's as soon as I leave the town that gave me the quest. Then I either fail the quest, or can collect my reward instantly (depending on which quest).

This is where it became most annoying, in the Blood Prince quest:
When you get the quest to kill the Blood Prince, once you get to his castle the guard there says he is around Myr and you should talk to someone in the court there. Well, I went straight to Myr but as soon as I talked to the guy, all I could say was "The Blood Prince is dead", and got 1000 coins reward. So, I guess the Blood Prince spawned as soon as I talked to the guard at his castle, but was already killed by NPC's before I even got to Myr... Not fun I wanted a fight :sad:
for me the prince was on the other side of his island so you probally just didnt see him i know that i almost missed him

Hi i've just found your mod and have been giving it a whirl today. It's really good from what i've seen so far, love the huge world map btw. I'm struggling a little though on how to make money.

Basically I'm wondering around all over the place atm but i can't seem to find any good npc to grind on. That is without joining a side and joining the war. As that's how i would normally make money to start of with in M&B.

Am i doing it wrong. should i be running missions or maybe even joining up with a faction straightaway to make money ?

Note: today is the first time I've played M&B in years so I'm very rusty. 

chunder_bot said:
Mithras said:
Cozur, I don't know if you are reading this thread, but is it possible to program NPC party's (Lords and Patrol's I guess) to not attack quest objective bandit party's? Almost all of the time, whenever I get a "troublesome badit" quest, or "hunt down raiders with descrition x around town y", they get killed by NPC's as soon as I leave the town that gave me the quest. Then I either fail the quest, or can collect my reward instantly (depending on which quest).

This is where it became most annoying, in the Blood Prince quest:
When you get the quest to kill the Blood Prince, once you get to his castle the guard there says he is around Myr and you should talk to someone in the court there. Well, I went straight to Myr but as soon as I talked to the guy, all I could say was "The Blood Prince is dead", and got 1000 coins reward. So, I guess the Blood Prince spawned as soon as I talked to the guard at his castle, but was already killed by NPC's before I even got to Myr... Not fun I wanted a fight :sad:
for me the prince was on the other side of his island so you probally just didnt see him i know that i almost missed him
Possibly, in the end my point is that I got the reward while I didn't even kill the guy.

18Zulukiller said:
Hi i've just found your mod and have been giving it a whirl today. It's really good from what i've seen so far, love the huge world map btw. I'm struggling a little though on how to make money.

Basically I'm wondering around all over the place atm but i can't seem to find any good npc to grind on. That is without joining a side and joining the war. As that's how i would normally make money to start of with in M&B.

Am i doing it wrong. should i be running missions or maybe even joining up with a faction straightaway to make money ?

Big change in this mod is that there are indeed not as many grindable bandits as in native. Most smaller parties are just too fast. If you really want to go grinding, you could try grinding wildlings in the north.

I'm also trying to play without joining a faction, and the way I made money is by trading, and setting up buisinesses whenever I find a profitable option. Once you find the most profitable trade routes it is big money (I'm not going to give them away to you :razz:), and my weekly income is approaching 10k now from just the businesses. On my way I keep looking for suitable quests, as they are my primary source of XP. General downside of this strategy is indeed the XP, as I am now approaching the point where I have plenty of money, though not enough party capacity for a good force...

Also, once you leveled up your char enough to do damage to heavily armored enemies, start fighting tournaments. If you bet fully and win, you'll recieve quite a lot of money aswell (and a lot of renown)

Mithras said:
18Zulukiller said:

Big change in this mod is that there are indeed not as many grindable bandits as in native. Most smaller parties are just too fast. If you really want to go grinding, you could try grinding wildlings in the north.

I'm also trying to play without joining a faction, and the way I made money is by trading, and setting up buisinesses whenever I find a profitable option. Once you find the most profitable trade routes it is big money (I'm not going to give them away to you :razz:), and my weekly income is approaching 10k now from just the businesses. On my way I keep looking for suitable quests, as they are my primary source of XP. General downside of this strategy is indeed the XP, as I am now approaching the point where I have plenty of money, though not enough party capacity for a good force...

Also, once you leveled up your char enough to do damage to heavily armored enemies, start fighting tournaments. If you bet fully and win, you'll recieve quite a lot of money aswell (and a lot of renown)
definitely join the tournaments once you are strong enough until then go north and kill wildlings and you get camps of sea raiders who are easy prey in between the myrish cities and there are mountain raiders around norvos and bravvos but the wildling yield the most loot in my opinion :grin:

18Zulukiller said:

I'm going to make a youtube guide on making money shortly so just stick with this forum and you'll see :smile:

wookdaddy said:
Adrale said:
il Condottieri said:
Hi there, i´m experiencing some kind of bug/missfunction.

While in battle, when my character points in the directions of my own troops and enemy troops the game freezes a lot, and when he points to somewhere else on the battle scenario (free of units) it runs smoothly.

Could it be something related to ram? I´ve played heavy mods and this didin´t occur to me.
My spec are:

Win 7
Intel core duo E6550 2.33 ghz
4 GB RAM
64-bit OS
nvidia geforce 8500 gt

Hope you could help me, regards!

I have the exact same problem.

Ram will definitely help. When you face towards the action you will always lose more frames than when there is nothing going on and nothing to process. I have played a lot of mods but this is the largest and most demanding one by far. I think that your processor is really what's limiting you. The card may be as well., 4 gigs is not much when 64 bit OS take like 2 gigs to run anyway, don't they? This mod ****s on even high end systems, is what I'm saying. If it's unplayable try turning directx7 on instead of 9, turn the grass down to 20, AA off, AS filtering off, reduce the number of units in battle/reinforcement waves. Make sure load textures on demand is off/on (for some people it varies it seems like), pixel shaders off, blood off. Create a page file to prevent crashing. Trying any or all of those can help your performance a lot.

Hi,

with a 64-bit OS you should dl CFF Explorer and make the game Large Address Aware(LAA) so it uses more of the available RAM.
This solves a lot of problems. As disabling the music also does.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Anyone interested in how to make money, I made a video!

It is 11 minutes long, but as you'll see - worth it! Check out the link below.
Oh and if you like it, do me a favor and subscribe :smile:

Help me, please! I'm getting the: "At script lord get home center" error and it's causing my game to crash. I've been getting that error message (I think it's from when factions get defeated) every night for a long time but now it just crashes me.
I'm almost 900 days in to this game and I control most of the Riverlands, so I really don't want to lose this game. Any suggestions?

Cozur said:
Why wouldn't I read my own thread?

Hello,

first let me thank you for your work on this mod.

Second, do you have any hints/tips about the C++ runtime error?

I somehow have the feeling you will just answer "Yes." :grin: .

In any case, all the best...

jonsnow2 said:
Help me, please! I'm getting the: "At script lord get home center" error and it's causing my game to crash. I've been getting that error message (I think it's from when factions get defeated) every night for a long time but now it just crashes me.
I'm almost 900 days in to this game and I control most of the Riverlands, so I really don't want to lose this game. Any suggestions?

It may not necessarily be that script error. The error messages fly by at 9PM on Day 831, but I cannot get past 10PM no matter how many times I try. It always crashes no matter what I do. I haven't had crashing issues before. I have tried reinstalling M&B as well as reinstalling the mod. Any suggestions?

gonna post my suggestions here since you (cozur) deleted it on the main mod page for what I can only assume was the fact that it was so logical and lore appropriate it blew your mind someone other than yourself could come up with idea's for your own personal game of thrones world. my suggestions was that since slavery is illegal in the north (possibly in all of westeros, Idk I haven't done the research) maybe you could change the ransom brokers/slave traders into "wanders crows", nights watch recruiters. Another suggestion I will add is to please add House Reed to the North, it's the main house that protects "the neck" into the north and instead of having wandering bands of crannogmen in that region just consolidate them into that house which is loyal to the north. Howland Reed was the only other survivor from the Tower of Joy with Ned Stark, I'd say it's a pretty important house you've left out of the game.

Rgds,
-Azsouth

If I remember correctly, there is a bug with the village of Woolcove (or something like that, near KL) which is owned by Clegane's Keep, instead of KL or some other keep in the vicinity.

jonsnow2 said:
jonsnow2 said:

It may not necessarily be that script error. The error messages fly by at 9PM on Day 831, but I cannot get past 10PM no matter how many times I try. It always crashes no matter what I do. I haven't had crashing issues before. I have tried reinstalling M&B as well as reinstalling the mod. Any suggestions?

I get the same messages and only at night also, but mine doesnt crash, the only thing i have noticed though now since there are like 3 factions that have been taken out is that when the messages pop up it seems to add a small delay to anything else that is going on, but after it disappears everything goes back to normal.

Lord Dora said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrCpxHsBxGs
Please, comment and tell me - was it terrible, average, good? I would like to make a long series with a clash of kings but can't judge myself, I'm too subjective :/

I watched it, and it was okay. I do like mount and blade let's plays. I hope I'm not being pushy with this, but I have a few tips!  :mrgreen:

One thing I would recommend is considering acquiring a higher quality microphone, possibly a table microphone, and potentially working on the use of recording and mixing software - it really helps in evening out the "fuzz" from your voice, so to speak, and  to bring out the wonderful sound life of the mod itself. Plus find a comfortable position and volume level for the mic, so that you do not accidentially exhale into it or bump it by accident.

Ah, and another thing - I'm not sure if many LP'ers do this, but you could also think about writing a loose "script" for your episodes, maybe? Like, beforehand, write a small list of places you'd want to visit and things you'd want to do in an episode, and especially, the things you want to talk about during the episode. That would probably make it easier to fill the episodes, as well as help avoiding little accidents such as Eyrie being "impossible to impregnate".  :oops:

Azsouth said:
gonna post my suggestions here since you (cozur) deleted it on the main mod page for what I can only assume was the fact that it was so logical and lore appropriate it blew your mind someone other than yourself could come up with idea's for your own personal game of thrones world. my suggestions was that since slavery is illegal in the north (possibly in all of westeros, Idk I haven't done the research) maybe you could change the ransom brokers/slave traders into "wanders crows", nights watch recruiters. Another suggestion I will add is to please add House Reed to the North, it's the main house that protects "the neck" into the north and instead of having wandering bands of crannogmen in that region just consolidate them into that house which is loyal to the north. Howland Reed was the only other survivor from the Tower of Joy with Ned Stark, I'd say it's a pretty important house you've left out of the game.

Rgds,
-Azsouth

Pretty solid suggestion.

Oldtimer said:
Hi,

with a 64-bit OS you should dl CFF Explorer and make the game Large Address Aware(LAA) so it uses more of the available RAM.
This solves a lot of problems. As disabling the music also does.

Rgds, Oldtimer

I heard this was very risky and could mess up your pc if you do something wrong. Can you explain what to do in layman's terms?

Back
Top Bottom