SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

mike56 said:
Hey Cozur, in the Second version 1.1 preview, on Moddb, you said, time ago:

Cozur said:
And made a new system, by which lords will defect to the faction that captures certain towns/castles. Say Dragonstone captures King's Landing, the lords of the Crownlands will then defect from The Westerlands and join Stannis. Should make some locations more rewarding to capture, and emphasize their importance.

When will we see this great feature implemented on the mod?

Soon, just ran into a replicating bug that triggered everytime you left the castle hall of a town.

Cozur, critical questions here

1. We've seen couple features removed prior to version 1.1 and later. Can the fans expect return of some of those features/npcs/missions...etc in future update? What about the base mod (floris), would the base mod itself be updated as well the in the near future?

2. Will you balance all or most of the previously removed items and add them again? Will you add more items at all?

3. What was the purpose of not allowing One handed/Two handed swords from being used on horseback? What was the reason to make it be used like a polearm if one has shield? are the said type of swords over powered? Following lore? Will there be more than just Arming swords in the future?

High-garden should be a city. It is castle I think, so why we are not able to swing Two-Hander on horseback? Or you are lore-hamster and you need having all perfectly lore-wise, when you like it/it gives you advantage?

Prase said:
High-garden should be a city. It is castle I think, so why we are not able to swing Two-Hander on horseback? Or you are lore-hamster and you need having all perfectly lore-wise, when you like it/it gives you advantage?
The fact that Highgarden, the capital of The Reach, is a castle really confused me as well. But after all, it is just a castle in the books as well, so that is why it's not a city. I guess the two-handed on horseback is because nobody could do it.

Prase said:

What does one have to do with the other?

PsykoOps said:
Backstay said:
I guess the two-handed on horseback is because nobody could do it.

What does this mean? As in real life or is this some kind of lore thing?

As always, I'm baffled that people believe this to be possible. As this seems to come up about every second page, I'll give my final answer, and even explain my reasons. I will also provide a link to this very answer in the FAQ, and call the people who bring this up again by the moniker "ignoramus".

You cannot wield a two-handed sword from horseback. As a pretty strong guy, who once lifted a two-handed sword and killed a lot of fruit with it, I speak from personal experience. I've also ridden my fair share of horses.
You could argue that medieval fighters would have trained different muscle groups and thus be able to perform this seat, but that is a fallacy, as I have, and am, training those very same muscle groups.

Now, you would also be interested in knowing that I have been unable to find any sources mentioning the actual use of two-handed swords by knights on horseback. Being a fourth year history major, with a finished BA in that very same subject, I have access to some pretty wide ranging sources through various databases, and thus my research, while not particularly  thorough, is much more reliable than typing in "two-handed swords horseback" in google. Which, by the way, pretty much only yields results about Mount and Blade: Warband.

Now, for those who seem to think that calling people dedicated to the lore by names is somehow derogatory, well... I don't know what to say. Other than, obviously, it is breaking the rules of the forum, and any future name calling will be reported to the moderators.

A Clash of Kings is based on the books by George R. R. Martin, and whenever possible, I pick lore over some random guys personal opinion of how the game should be. This also applies to the whole town/castle debate, which three people apparently cannot just let go.

question: why isn't Winterfell a town, but a castle in the game? Where's the night watch?(all I wanted was to sign into them)

Read the post above and realized that I had to step in and say something:

If kept as a castle(winterfell), u generate an degrading economic situation in the mod that will 100% of the time make it's kingdom(which apparently has no towns) to be wiped out easily by other AI... It's more or less about balance instead of "lore" or "cool/not cool" debate.

It also limits access to many important stuff, as such you'll have to travel an insane distance only to sell or purchase new equipment / food, that's completely out of "lore" or "realism" by itself... One could do that if one adds merchants to castles and tunes the fief income of said "castles" that would probably be added as "Towns" by many people out there at least

xdj1nn said:
If kept as a castle(winterfell), u generate an degrading economic situation in the mod that will 100% of the time make it's kingdom(which apparently has no towns) to be wiped out easily by other AI... It's more or less about balance instead of "lore" or "cool/not cool" debate.

You pulled that out of your ass. The North has two towns.

You can buy food in the villages.

Cozur said:
xdj1nn said:

You pulled that out of your ass. The North has two towns.

You can buy food in the villages.

and the capital isn't a town? Uh oh, makes sense, lot's of it in fact

--

Great mod project, I'll check back in half-dozen months to see if it made enough progress so that I can finally be able to RP an Night-Watch guy, no GoT games / mods have done it so far, biggest frustration of all, in fact, all GoT games suck...

TIP: There should be a way to check freelancer current status, so u could know how much EXP u'll need to gather before getting leveled to higher tier troop, also the dates for each upgrade are a must have, currently there's no way to check those out, which makes enlisting in an army completely boring, it already was boring, don't get me wrong, it just got worst

Winterfell is in fact, a castle. It's not that hard to google 'pls help winterfell town or castle?' before you make a statement that Winterfell, is a town.

Cozur said:
You cannot wield a two-handed sword from horseback. As a pretty strong guy, who once lifted a two-handed sword and killed a lot of fruit with it, I speak from personal experience. I've also ridden my fair share of horses.
You could argue that medieval fighters would have trained different muscle groups and thus be able to perform this seat, but that is a fallacy, as I have, and am, training those very same muscle groups.

If you cannot lift and wield less than 2kg swords then you're either suffering from muscular dystrophy or playing with the wrong swords. The unpopularity of such manouvers is more because of the lack of stirups. There's absolutely nothing that would prevent a person from using a 2h sword on horseback.

Now, you would also be interested in knowing that I have been unable to find any sources mentioning the actual use of two-handed swords by knights on horseback. Being a fourth year history major, with a finished BA in that very same subject, I have access to some pretty wide ranging sources through various databases, and thus my research, while not particularly  thorough, is much more reliable than typing in "two-handed swords horseback" in google. Which, by the way, pretty much only yields results about Mount and Blade: Warband.

Argument of ignorance. Lack of evidence is not evidence.

This thread got funny. 

The ONLY argument for winterfell being a town is the winter town OUTSIDE the walls of winterfell which is only used in winter or when Robb stark calls his banners before riding south.  That's the only textual evidence.

There's white harbour and barrow town, all you need.

Re the two handed sword argument, I seem to recall there being bastard swords in another version-could be wrong.  Just use a mace, they're better.

Awesome work on the mod, Cozur. Hands down the best mod I've played.

I've been playing the mod for about 6 months, been through alot of patches. There is really only one thing I am missing, for a more immersive gaming experience; more lore-related player banners to choose from. The ones that are currently available are fine, but why not grant access to all the banners you created in the game?

Keep up the good work!

Ithilien5 said:
Winterfell is in fact, a castle. It's not that hard to google 'pls help winterfell town or castle?' before you make a statement that Winterfell, is a town.

Blackfyre said:
The ONLY argument for winterfell being a town is the winter town OUTSIDE the walls of winterfell which is only used in winter or when Robb stark calls his banners before riding south.  That's the only textual evidence.

There's white harbour and barrow town, all you need.

Not talking about lore, talking about meta-gaming... Still mod's his, and so he does whatever he wants, as stated in his whole FAQ in a very polite manner.

I've said already, I'm out of here, I'll try this again in a 1/2year so please don't start a fight with ghosts!

xoxo

High-garden and Winterfell are mentioned as castles, because the "royal family" lived in castle. There was always at least a little village under the castle, but mostly in was a quite big town. If these two are castles then you can make castle even of Pentos.

Prase said:
High-garden and Winterfell are mentioned as castles, because the "royal family" lived in castle. There was always at least a little village under the castle, but mostly in was a quite big town. If these two are castles then you can make castle even of Pentos.

Well...no, pentos is a free city, one of the largest, and iirc, it's 3 or 4 times bigger than kings landing.

Also regarding the nights watch, it would be a pretty boring experience unless there was ALOT of content added eg. All of the villages beyond the wall, the wall itself yada yada

Dover castle was a royal residence, that's a castle, chinon, Windsor etc see what I mean? All may have villages or towns relatively close by-like the winter town, but are not themselves towns...

xdj1nn said:
question: why isn't Winterfell a town, but a castle in the game? Where's the night watch?(all I wanted was to sign into them)

Read the post above and realized that I had to step in and say something:

It also limits access to many important stuff, as such you'll have to travel an insane distance only to sell or purchase new equipment / food, that's completely out of "lore" or "realism" by itself... One could do that if one adds merchants to castles and tunes the fief income of said "castles" that would probably be added as "Towns" by many people out there at least

I've said the exact same thing but apparently the author of the mod doesn't care. I wish I had the know-how to combine the bug fixes of 1.11 with the map of 1.1. That to me would be perfect. I don't want to travel an entire day just to sell my loot, and when I'm fighting wildlings way up north I don't want to have to ignore Winterfell like it doesn't exist, because as a castle it's completely useless and may as well be ignored.

1.1 is still fun, bugs and all.

Can someone help me? Where can I start a quest (a quest for good reward items (a good sword etc)) also which troops are the best? Best Infantry Archers and Heavy Cav?

Winterfell, one of the largest castles in the north, if not the largest has a village outside of it. A village. Not a town, even tough it's called Winter town. Stop *****ing about that Cozur removed, as he said, eight of the fifty towns. He changed them to castles, cause they are infact, castles.

Here's a great wikipedia for these things, there's this husband and wife if i recall correctly, that even George usually call to get help with the lore with.

Back
Top Bottom