SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I´ve seen how over 700 forest bandits annihilated several Dragonstone armies. Those smaller factions really suffer from pandemic bandits/raiders.

kjeltringen said:
Is it possible to fix it so that raiders/outlaws(Storm's End)/Rhoynar bandits and slavers join in on battles?
Other bandit types like pirates, wildlings and so can join in when a group attacks you, but those I have mentioned apparently don't. That is nice when you are low level, but when you have ammased a warparty of 50-60 elite units it is quite a chore to slaughter 5-6 groups in a row when there could have been a proper battle.
I have also noticed that the forest bandits don't use their bows. Apart from these issues the different types of enemies are fun and pretty well varied. Would have liked to see more action in the Highgarden-Lannisport region though.

Great idea. Must be awesome a massive outlaws attack in the very beginning when you have an army of 6 guys.

BrunoHCE said:
kjeltringen said:
Is it possible to fix it so that raiders/outlaws(Storm's End)/Rhoynar bandits and slavers join in on battles?
Other bandit types like pirates, wildlings and so can join in when a group attacks you, but those I have mentioned apparently don't. That is nice when you are low level, but when you have ammased a warparty of 50-60 elite units it is quite a chore to slaughter 5-6 groups in a row when there could have been a proper battle.
I have also noticed that the forest bandits don't use their bows. Apart from these issues the different types of enemies are fun and pretty well varied. Would have liked to see more action in the Highgarden-Lannisport region though.

Great idea. Must be awesome a massive outlaws attack in the very beginning when you have an army of 6 guys.

I agree, it is super fun taking your band of six guys and dominating the onslaught of outlaws in the beginning, or getting destroyed, either way it is in fact awesome.

rangershex said:
I know you're not gonna add the Night Watch, but instead of makeing them a faction change the manhunters into them.

That's a brilliant idea!

Lorewise it checks out because the Night's Watch do send recruiting parties all over the place who gather mostly prisoners.

Gameplay-wise, it would give the player a way to recruit them (rescuing from bandits etc)

Lastly it adds cool flavour to the game without all the effort of scripting a working Wall/Whitewalker mechanic.

Ulfhir said:
That's a brilliant idea!

It's not. People have suggested it before, and it's always been a terrible idea.

Ulfhir said:
Lorewise it checks out because the Night's Watch do send recruiting parties all over the place who gather mostly prisoners.
Other than Daeron and Yoren, we don't know of any Night's Watch recruiters. So it does not check out, lorewise. It's a common mistake most people who deal with ASOIAF makes, one instance does not make tradition. It's like GoT for CKII, just because Daenerys can hatch a dragon does not mean there's a chance anyone can do it and that she just got lucky.

Ulfhir said:
Gameplay-wise, it would give the player a way to recruit them (rescuing from bandits etc)
Here we go, you don't care at all about lore, you just want the Night's Watch in your party. That doesn't really make sense though, lorewise, does it? If they joined you, they'd be deserters and harboring them is illegal in the lands of Westeros, the punishment being death, if I remember correctly.

Ulfhir said:
Lastly it adds cool flavour to the game without all the effort of scripting a working Wall/Whitewalker mechanic.
It adds no flavor at all, they're still just manhunters.

Just wanted to say thanks for this mod, I spent hours tweaking my Native files just to change the names of everything to ASOIAF stuff, so finding this was extremely exciting, and it was even better than I expected, this is what I've always been looking for since I read the books. I just wish more people were aware of this so they could get as much out of it as people like me.

There are a couple of things I'd love to see implemented as well, like maybe valyrian swords (not sure if this has been mentioned), maybe being able to hire a whole sellsword company or even start your own and get contracted by a faction.
The other thing I've always wanted but I've never been sure about the lore with it, is War-hammers, I always thought that the war-hammers like King Roberts were the massively powerful 2 handed ones, sort of like a huge maul, but in the native warband and this they are completely different, maybe someone could explain exactly what a war-hammer is but I have no idea anymore.

Voso said:
BrunoHCE said:
kjeltringen said:

I agree, it is super fun taking your band of six guys and dominating the onslaught of outlaws in the beginning, or getting destroyed, either way it is in fact awesome.

In my game, they do group attacks. This always depends on how strong you party is and how strong they would be. They never join the battle when my party ist strong. When my 80 Riders are fighting 30 bandits/outlaws/raiders, the next 30 won´t join - but if I only have 10 men, it might happen that I have an army of a few hundered against me.

BrunoHCE said:
What if you could give prisoners to the Night's Watch to gain renown or honor?
If you stick with the lore (as this mod does) people won't give a **** if you help the nights watch or not.
The only way the nights watch would make sense is to make the wildlings a faction too, and let them stay in permanent war with each other, but i think Cozur has other priorities.

Not entirely sure if this has been mentioned or not, but would there possibly be any way (thinking along the mercing route) to implement the Freelancer Mod at all? Just that I foresee being bound into a mercenary contract with one faction a little irritating at times, especially when they're being majorly screwed over.

Would also give the chance for players to be more flexible in times of crisis and be able to stab their erstwhile allies in the back a little easier.

Also, is there any way to defect to join if you're a Lord in a faction - e.g. Change from a Vassal of the North to the Westerlands (just an example) and still keep your Fiefs.

Cozur said:
Ulfhir said:
That's a brilliant idea!

It's not. People have suggested it before, and it's always been a terrible idea.

Ulfhir said:
Other than Daeron and Yoren, we don't know of any Night's Watch recruiters. So it does not check out, lorewise. It's a common mistake most people who deal with ASOIAF makes, one instance does not make tradition. It's like GoT for CKII, just because Daenerys can hatch a dragon does not mean there's a chance anyone can do it and that she just got lucky.

Ulfhir said:
Here we go, you don't care at all about lore, you just want the Night's Watch in your party. That doesn't really make sense though, lorewise, does it? If they joined you, they'd be deserters and harboring them is illegal in the lands of Westeros, the punishment being death, if I remember correctly.

Ulfhir said:

Touche

Desparin said:
Not entirely sure if this has been mentioned or not, but would there possibly be any way (thinking along the mercing route) to implement the Freelancer Mod at all? Just that I foresee being bound into a mercenary contract with one faction a little irritating at times, especially when they're being majorly screwed over.

Would also give the chance for players to be more flexible in times of crisis and be able to stab their erstwhile allies in the back a little easier.

Also, is there any way to defect to join if you're a Lord in a faction - e.g. Change from a Vassal of the North to the Westerlands (just an example) and still keep your Fiefs.

I think both ideas are awesome. I'm watching a video about this Freelancer and it seems pretty nice, will make more sense than this exponential growth. I was just about to say the other thing.

Cozur said:
Ulfhir said:
That's a brilliant idea!

Ulfhir said:

Ulfhir said:

Ulfhir said:

Lol, had this issue come up before have we Cozur?

Ok i got interested in this mod thou i have one question.

Some of you ppl have played PoP mod? How would you compare this two mods?

I know this mod is beta and needs polish but i just want to know your oppinion.

Cozur said:
Ulfhir said:
That's a brilliant idea!

Ulfhir said:

Ulfhir said:

Ulfhir said:

ok you really need to dial it back, it's his opinion, weather or not you agree with it doesn't mean a single thing. nobody likes a cynic

also
A: "other than Daeron and Yoren..." no they don't explicitly say that other recruiters have existed but they DO imply it.  the fact that no one in the books seems to think this is irregular just backs up that theory.

Personally I think the idea is pretty neat.  brilliant? no, but neat.  in fact if the spawn point for them was only in the far north then they would fit in well with the adaptation, hunting bandits in the north I mean all you'd have to do is add wildlings as a type of bandit party that only spawns in the same area.

Cornelius Sula said:
Ok i got interested in this mod thou i have one question.

Some of you ppl have played PoP mod? How would you compare this two mods?

I know this mod is beta and needs polish but i just want to know your oppinion.

They're not really alike, and are set in completely different universes. I don't see what you'd have to gain by trying to compare them.

Back
Top Bottom