SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 882 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 842 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Wulfric

Sergeant Knight at Arms
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
An in-game option to disable bodysliding would be appreciated.

Edit: Or to remove the feature altogether because it renders getting knocked unconscious completely inconsequential as you can, for instance, keep doing suicidal charges against the enemy, assured by the fact that you will be able to keep doing it for as many times as you have soldiers to fight. Not to mention the ways this can be exploited in sieges where one can try to get behind the enemy and kill them one by one as the AI seems to focus on the siege ladders/towers, without worrying about getting killed because you will always get another chance if you have enough men.

Wulfric said:

Edit: Or to remove the feature altogether because it renders getting knocked unconscious completely inconsequential as you can, for instance, keep doing suicidal charges against the enemy, assured by the fact that you will be able to keep doing it for as many times as you have soldiers to fight. Not to mention the ways this can be exploited in sieges where one can try to get behind the enemy and kill them one by one as the AI seems to focus on the siege ladders/towers, without worrying about getting killed because you will always get another chance if you have enough men.
tl;dr: I want everyone else to play like I do, no fun allowed or else!
By the way flanking is a tactic, not an exploit, and you don't need bodysliding for it either, just assign some of your melee troops in a different division and order them around the main enemy force.

Wulfric

Sergeant Knight at Arms
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
DrunkenSailor said:
Wulfric said:

tl;dr: I want everyone else to play like I do, no fun allowed or else!
By the way flanking is a tactic, not an exploit, and you don't need bodysliding for it either, just assign some of your melee troops in a different division and order them around the main enemy force.

Why bother replying when you didn't even read the first sentence of my post?

Edit: You can't get your soldiers to get around the enemy in a siege and it is an exploit when you do so yourself and then get to kill hundreds on your own with body-sliding enabled. However, without body-sliding, it's not as feasible.

You say it should be optional, but immediately afterwards you say it should be removed altogether. I agreed with the former and disagreed with the latter.

Wulfric

Sergeant Knight at Arms
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
DrunkenSailor said:
You say it should be optional, but immediately afterwards you say it should be removed altogether. I agreed with the former and disagreed with the latter.

I merely pointed out a problem with justification on why it is a problem and then proposed solutions some of which are: removing the feature or making it optional. You might say that being optional suits everyone's own preference but how wise is it to make game balance an option? A similar argument can be made for stumbling which -if I'm not mistaken- is there to prevent the player from moving backward and killing NPCs until they all die. If that were an option, most people would disable it and then maybe complain about how easy the mod is (or something like that).

Wulfric said:
DrunkenSailor said:

I merely pointed out a problem with justification on why it is a problem and then proposed solutions some of which are: removing the feature or making it optional. You might say that being optional suits everyone's own preference but how wise is it to make game balance an option? A similar argument can be made for stumbling which -if I'm not mistaken- is there to prevent the player from moving backward and killing NPCs until they all die. If that were an option, most people would disable it and then maybe complain about how easy the mod is (or something like that).
Well since this is a singleplayer mod, balance is a subjective thing, and features that make the game harder (stumbling) or easier (bodysliding) should defitnely be optional. In a singleplayer game, the player is the most important and must be allowed to play however they desire. Removing a feature instead of making it optional is basically the developer enforcing the player to adhere to developer's views, which is not good.

Sergio_Morozov

Sergeant at Arms
M&BWBNWVCWF&S
shar_N said:
Hey Sergio, have you tried editing the latest patches with Morgh's? Do you know what does/doesn't break the game when editing with Morgh's?

Nope, I did not try that. I did not even play the latest versions, because when they were released I was still playing an older version, and now I am waiting for 7.0 to fool around =D

shar_N

Sergeant
Time to put my *****ing hat on

EDIT: Is this mod friendly with minor Morgh's edits like editing existing troops?

EDIT: Lots of troops looking absolutely badass with the new armors

mikeboix

Master Knight
WBNWWF&SM&BVC
When in the changelog you say "changed the ammount of bandits parties in the map" you mean that now there are more bandit parties or less bandit parties?
Congrats on release.

Sergio_Morozov

Sergeant at Arms
M&BWBNWVCWF&S
Bodyslide bug!

At least under certain circumstances the troop bodyslided into dies after end of combat.

So, I had me and a looter and helped a lord's party against some broken men.
They knocked me out and I bodyslided into the looter.
Lord's men kill everyone. Looter is alive.
TAB to end battle - In the report my looter is dead and I am now alone =[

tyrusaran

Recruit
WBVCNWWF&S
BUG: no companions to be found.

ANNOYANCE: shield bash can not be turned off.

SMALL POINT: several cases of things hapening like bodyslide, losing massive morale and coin while sailing, party turning into westerlands party after brothers rescue etc. Might want to look into this stuff.

jiddischer

Recruit
Companions only seem to appear when "gather companions" is activated. Although they probably disappear once they leave the starting city. What bothers me the most is shield bash. Almost impossible to strike from cover in time.

Anyone knows how to start the wildling invasion and the tourney of the tower?

Grank

Sergeant Knight at Arms
WBNWVC
I tried the mod last night. It worked flawlessly, which is surprising considering that I play on Linux and this mod is quite big. Thanks for the hard work, Cozur. It really shows.

Anyway, I agree with the shield bash. Not a fan of it. Anyone got a tweak to turn it off?

Top Bottom