SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

[ptx] said:
C4CA5C13D8CFB9D748EC0D5304D2516BBE0C5AE4
Siege of Valysar. The siege tower appears to be missing something...

I can imagine the guy who was supposed to bring the ramp

Sam-one-job.gif

Just to keep everything going :razz:

After reloading to before the Red Wedding, I conquered all of the Iron Islands (for the North) except for the couple of places the Riverlands took. My army is carefully managed still but after getting to 9 Leadership, most of my problems in that regard disappeared, now it's just maintaining garrisons that will drive the enemies to different keeps. Somehow we ended up at war with Braavos, it lasted all of about 10 days, but Braavos showed up at Stoney Sept, because of my meager 450 man garrison I guess. They had to crawl over a lot of other keeps to get there.

I think I am done with this game and will reload the Red Wedding save and play from there, it should be interesting.

[ptx] said:

Is there a way to fix this on our own? It's the same on Qohor and Volantis.

But Old Castle near White Harbor is worse. Check it out. No castle at all and the enemies are under a hill

AppleFlavor said:
[ptx] said:

Is there a way to fix this on our own? It's the same on Qohor and Volantis.

But Old Castle near White Harbor is worse. Check it out. No castle at all and the enemies are under a hill

Yeah, either ctrl+alt f4 everyone or leave and never return to the castle which dare not be besieged.

Defending Siege of Highgarden is weird. Highgarden had double-walls. First, lower wall has your melee troops located and second, higher wall has your missile troops. If i'm on the second wall, i cannot use the '1' - 'F1' - move flag , to locate my melee troops at the wall breach / ladder. Thus enemy easily take wall and take the castle !  i cannot even access the nearby towers, to look down and organise my troops ... errrrrrr.

any help appreciated.

I will just put this out there archaicwarrior

Give up the inner walls, for sure, maybe even the second wall, block the chokepoint down from the wall. Set your archers in various groups if you can. What there is not for enemies mounting your walls? Cover. I don't know about Highgarden specifically, but I have great fun in maps that allow me plenty of space to line up my archers, and plug the walkway or whatever down with melee troops.

Normally, once set up, I will lead my companion archers around to the rear. The enemies start turning everywhich way getting pelted from every side, even if they make it to the melee your troops only have to sneeze on the enemies to kill them.

viperswhip said:

Give up the inner walls, for sure, maybe even the second wall, block the chokepoint down from the wall. Set your archers in various groups if you can. What there is not for enemies mounting your walls? Cover. I don't know about Highgarden specifically, but I have great fun in maps that allow me plenty of space to line up my archers, and plug the walkway or whatever down with melee troops.

Normally, once set up, I will lead my companion archers around to the rear. The enemies start turning everywhich way getting pelted from every side, even if they make it to the melee your troops only have to sneeze on the enemies to kill them.

Thanks, will have to try that ... but pity double walls don't work as intended.

archaicwarrior said:
viperswhip said:

Thanks, will have to try that ... but pity double walls don't work as intended.

I recall blocking second wall's exit arch (from the inner side, just where the small steps start) with infantry & cavalry AND placing my archers & companions in several groups around (including some on the second wall's staircase) allowed for an easy defence indeed! (Equipping a Cleaver an hidind behind boxes to the right of the exit arch also helps. Overhead-overhead-overhead->to the infinity...)

New problem - War declaration full-screen message spams.  There seems to be 2 ways to show messages, as a simple line of coloured text on the left ... ANd a full screen WACK IN FACE message, usually about one faction declaring war against another (not me, why should I care?) . I'm getting fed up seeing a SPAM of these full screen messages .. constantly, one after another.

is there any way to change the war declaration from full screen messages to a simple text line ??  BUT I still want war declarations against ME as full screen.

Any help ?  ta

this is actually a feature in some mods but im not sure about how to tweak it in ACoK. it would be very useful because essos declarations are always going wild, especially after unlocked diplomacy.

Why's there no official 6.0 changelog anywhere?
icon_confused.gif

The changelog does exist, here : http://www.moddb.com/mods/a-clash-of-kings/downloads/a-clash-of-kings-60

Just open the Description tag. For those too lazy :

A Clash of Kings Version 6.0

Fixed Ninestars quest
Fixed Last Hearth kitchen scene
Fixed Iron Bank crashing
Fixed floating trees in The Howling Hill scene
Fixed Coppersmiths Wynd refering to Tobho Mott.
Music no longer randomly stops.
Village Elders are no longer naked.

Bug investigation:

"Player troop in peasant/bandit/other parties" was triggered by me by the following

• Saw peasants fighting bandits
  • Have "No quitting without saving" enabled
  • back up an autosave
  • have a battle alongside the peasants (lost)
  • after battle ended and new autosave was created, exit to main menu
  • alt-tab out
  • rewrite new autosave with the backup
  • load autosave
  • Have a battle alongside peasants again (won)
  • Peasants now have their own little Sergio running with them

Sergio_Morozov said:
Bug investigation:

"Player troop in peasant/bandit/other parties" was triggered by me by the following

• Saw peasants fighting bandits
  • Have "No quitting without saving" enabled
  • back up an autosave
  • have a battle alongside the peasants (lost)
  • after battle ended and new autosave was created, exit to main menu
  • alt-tab out
  • rewrite new autosave with the backup
  • load autosave
  • Have a battle alongside peasants again (won)
  • Peasants now have their own little Sergio running with them

Very usefull!

Bug Report

I was able to start the 'Bastard of Bolton' quest by speaking to Rob Stark although I wasn't a member of the faction - I'd only taken a mercenary contract with the North.

After speaking to Rodrik Cassel and being asked to go to the small village near the Dreadfort the quest 'Bastard of Bolton Part 1' stayed active in the quest list (it did come up as completed), 'Bastard of Bolton Part 2' then appeared in the quest list however the small village did not appear on the world map.

Not sure if I should have been allowed to start this quest at all as I was a mercenary not a vassal.

Back
Top Bottom