SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

It crashes when I try to enter that cairn place. Also after that I tried entering a castle and the same thing happened. I'll load it up again and see if the castles are still crashing

szarjanoskiskukac said:
Hey guys, recently I started playing as a mercenary in Essos, and the method of paying was so immersion breaking that I "Invented" a paying system, like it was in the books. So, as I signed to a faction as a mercenary I did some maths, then imported the edited save, with the result money given to my account.
So the following are needed:
Weekly cost of my army (WC): 4450
Number of Companions in my army (NoC) (imagine them as higher rank officers): 12
My characters renown (R): 678
Level of my character (L): 30
The formula s simple:
(WC/0.2)-(NoC*1000)+10R+100L --> In my case  the result was 20030 denars. I got the first half of the money at the beginning of the contract, and the other half at the end. This may seem a low amount of money, but bear in mind that the faction is also paying your weekly cost, which is approximately (in my case) was 13350. So in the end of the contract I made quite some money.
So let me know what you think of it? Is the amount of money too high or too low?
20k for 13 guys is really a lot. As a king with ALL OF ESSOS (I'm Valyria now :smile: ) , I don't get much more. IMHO current reward is more reasonable. Not enough to pay for your men, but hey, you still get the loot!

I downloaded the game on Steam. One of the fixes suggested me to open regedit and delete steamexe then restart my computer and load steam to make it update itself so I did that but it didn't fix the problem

Try some of these.

1) Enable cheats in the game launcher. I've heard it's not a permanent fix, though.

2) Go to the folder of the mod and open up the module.ini file. Then search for disable_moveable_flag_optimization and set it to = 1 (so it says disable_moveable_flag_optimization = 1.

3) Install the game off Steam (https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Warband/Download). Just download and install the first mirror, I believe, and then go grab the CD key to your game by right-clicking Mount & Blade: Warband in your Steam library and click View CD key. Then press Copy Key To Clipboard and insert it in the Mount & Blade that isn't on Steam to activate the full version.

One of these should work. Caba'drin advised some people to use #2 once, I remember. And it seemed to work.

Reus said:
Try some of these.

1) Enable cheats in the game launcher. I've heard it's not a permanent fix, though.

2) Go to the folder of the mod and open up the module.ini file. Then search for disable_moveable_flag_optimization and set it to = 1 (so it says disable_moveable_flag_optimization = 1.

3) Install the game off Steam (https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Warband/Download). Just download and install the first mirror, I believe, and then go grab the CD key to your game by right-clicking Mount & Blade: Warband in your Steam library and click View CD key. Then press Copy Key To Clipboard and insert it in the Mount & Blade that isn't on Steam to activate the full version.

One of these should work. Caba'drin advised some people to use #2 once, I remember. And it seemed to work.

I haven't tried 1 yet so I'll give that a try. I have tried 2 and it didn't work. I'm a bit confused about the 3rd one, are you saying I should uninstall the game off steam, download the one from the link you gave me, then use my CD key to activate it if it asks for it?

Giving 1 a try now

Kiri Kaneko said:
I'm a bit confused about the 3rd one, are you saying I should uninstall the game off steam, download the one from the link you gave me, then use my CD key to activate it if it asks for it?
You don't need to uninstall it on Steam. Just install a non-Steam version and use the CD Key you got from Steam.

If it's a Runtime error, then enabling or disabling Force Single Threading and Load Textures on Demand should work. Enabling cheats shouldn't cause another Runtime error, so it's probably one of the other settings.

Some say running Steam in offline mode works as well. Although I am not entirely sure, as I haven't had the crash myself before. Only the Runtime one.

I already enabled those and it didn't help. I'm downloading the version from the site you linked now. I'll give it a try in offline mode while it downloads

I tried it in offline mode and also with load textures on demand disabled, but that caused it to crash on character creation whereas with them enabled it lets me make a character then crashes on loading the fight

If the non-Steam thing doesn't work, then I really have no idea what will. I can try searching some more, and see if I can find it. But I have no other solution in my head right now.

RussianPlant said:
anduril38 said:
It's cool I found the bastard :grin: Time to slowly build up my strength, manipulate all those Stannis guys into backing me then BOOM! Independence then march on Kings Landing!
I find lords incredibly resistant to any temptations of defection in this mod. The honourable ones, at least. I can't seem to get any honourable lords to join me (even though my faction is stronger than their own and I've got 100 relation with them). I don't know if it's bugged or if I'm just missing something, but having to build my relations with my dishonourable vassals from the ground up is a little tiresome.
So true... They stick to their king, unless the war is really really going bad; and more amazing, they NEVER join you after their kingdom has been destroyed

Ok now I'm making progress!

I started it up with the new client and the battle loaded, though it was jerky and the floor was black. Interestingly my spear broke when I accidentally bashed the guy over the head with it, so I kicked him in the nuts til he went down!

Anyway I went into the castle and then the tavern to pick up the cairn quest, no black textures to be seen. Then I left the town and the game crashed, but with a different error message this time:

postFX.fx

Error loading postFX shaders:
Make sure you have the latest DirectX Runtime Library installed
Return Code: -2147024888

Also it didn't ask me for my activation code, but that might just be because my level was too low for the box thing to come up. I'll upload one of my high level characters into it and see if it prompts me for an activation code

Edit: Didn't get asked to enter a code even on my level 22 native character. I also noticed the graphic options have been turned up so I turned them down again and will give CoK another try

Still got the runtime error on perisno, ah well, at least I got Clash of Kings running XD

I might open a thread on the Perisno board to see if I can get that working too :grin:

Back
Top Bottom