SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

This is possibly an obvious question, but was the mod based more heavily around the TV series or the books? I noticed that the unsullied look quite distinct from the ones in the show, while some of the Westerlands men resemble their counterparts in the show.

Another question. According to the wiki, the troops seem to have very low levels/proficiencies from what I've seen in other mods - elite troops having around 200 max in their prof. (Though I'll admit I've mainly been playing Prophesy of Pendor and they have very, very elite troops - level 40+)

Dalloskid said:
This is possibly an obvious question, but was the mod based more heavily around the TV series or the books? I noticed that the unsullied look quite distinct from the ones in the show, while some of the Westerlands men resemble their counterparts in the show.

Another question. According to the wiki, the troops seem to have very low levels/proficiencies from what I've seen in other mods - elite troops having around 200 max in their prof. (Though I'll admit I've mainly been playing Prophesy of Pendor and they have very, very elite troops - level 40+)
I don't know what Cozur's intent was, but from my experience the mod doesn't favor the show or the books.

And yeah, PoP is ridiculous. They add 2-3 tiers of troops on top of the most elite troops in vanilla/acok. It makes for a fun game but still a very different feel from ACoK!

Tuco said:
Dalloskid said:

I don't know what Cozur's intent was, but from my experience the mod doesn't favor the show or the books.

And yeah, PoP is ridiculous. They add 2-3 tiers of troops on top of the most elite troops in vanilla/acok. It makes for a fun game but still a very different feel from ACoK!

Thankyou!

EDIT: Any note on when 2.0 is being released, or perhaps a % of how much work is completed so far?

Tuco said:
Dalloskid said:

I'd like to note that ACoK seems to be less about one or the other, but rather an eclectic mix of both as well as existing resources, such as in terms of arms and armour. Since it's a volunteer project, I guess the term would be "grab what you can".  :mrgreen:

As for PoP, I'd note that the mod does suffer somewhat from the choice of going really high in skill levels. Always pinpoint accuracy archers, for example, and the complete uselessness of lower-tier troops, for example. It leans far further into the realm of High Fantasy than ASoIAF material - while magic is an extant force in both universes, PoP is notedly less subtle about it, to the point of super-heroism.  :mrgreen:

RussianPlant said:
It's been more than two weeks, and there's nothing in that menu that allows me to collect anything. Could you (or anyone inclined to help) provide a screenshot?
Keep an eye on your message log or inventory, for me it autocollects the accumulated income once I enter the Iron Bank screen.

Chazshepherd said:
Not sure if it's already in the game, but Dawn would be a cool sword to acquire thru a quest or something, sword of house dayne

Like if you loot it from Starfall?

I've always liked the idea of having Ice in the game if you take King's Landing by an arbitrary date.

Is there a way to get rid of bandit lords? I have one in my kingdom (in essos) with 700+ troops, and they keep escaping and forming a new army, and they rape my nobles... Do they eventually become prisoners?

kuroken said:
Is there a way to get rid of bandit lords? I have one in my kingdom (in essos) with 700+ troops, and they keep escaping and forming a new army, and they rape my nobles... Do they eventually become prisoners?
I believe that you can capture them, but the real only way I have found to deal with them is constant suppression. They are mostly pretty crap troops so after I stomp the big army I use it as a way to train low level troops.

I'd personally love it if every named weapon was available in the game.

As for bandit lords, has anyone ever captured them? They always scurry off. The Dothraki lord always wrecks his section of Essos when he spawns. (which is a good thing, IMO!)

RussianPlant said:
And Heartsbane if you defeat Randyl Tarly. It's already in the game (you can get it through the cheat menu). But is it possible to make sure specific items are put in the loot pool when you capture a castle/defeat a lord? I suppose you could just do it via quests.

But that doesn't seem like the direction Cozur is taking.

Isn't there an 'always loot' flag for items? Don't know if it's for that kind of thing.  Could always just remove the 'unique' flag and you should have a chance of looting it.  Problem would be that you could end up with multiple Heartsbanes, plus he'd still have one.

You may be right about the direction thing, collecting all the famous shiny swords of Westeros does seem a bit, I dunno, Skyirmish.

RussianPlant said:
kraggrim said:
RussianPlant said:
And Heartsbane if you defeat Randyl Tarly. It's already in the game (you can get it through the cheat menu). But is it possible to make sure specific items are put in the loot pool when you capture a castle/defeat a lord? I suppose you could just do it via quests.

But that doesn't seem like the direction Cozur is taking.

Isn't there an 'always loot' flag for items? Don't know if it's for that kind of thing.  Could always just remove the 'unique' flag and you should have a chance of looting it.  Problem would be that you could end up with multiple Heartsbanes, plus he'd still have one.

You may be right about the direction thing, collecting all the famous shiny swords of Westeros does seem a bit, I dunno, Skyirmish.
I know little and less about the specifics of mod creation, so I've no idea as to how you could implement it.

And yeah, "Skyrimish" is the perfect way to put it. But even so, it'd be cool to be able to get unique weapons (not even necessarily Valyrian steel) outside of the few available from quests. I'm especially hoping for a unique Arakh or something like that. I see that he's including two-handed warhammers in 2.0 so perhaps Bobby B's beast of a weapon (though it'd probably require like 30 strength to use).
Not sure if this is possible, but let's say if you capture a lord that has a special sword, you can choose to take it with a huge relationship loss or let him keep it, if you take it he's left with just an arming sword or something like that. Like I said, idk if this is possible, but if it is then it wouldn't really be "skyrimish" since it would be realistic, because let's say in game of thrones someone captures someome with a cool/better sword than he has, wouldn't he take it?

kuroken said:

Help the bandits when they are attacking your enemies over time they will become your friends so in green.
Do that with deserters as well and your caravans and lords will be safe.

RussianPlant said:
So this is pretty minor, but I figure I might as well say it anyway. I'd love for greatswords to have scabbards again. Walking around with a bigass sword magically attached to your back looks pretty silly.
Looks better with a shield over it.

Man, all these big new town layouts are damn fine.

Has anyone found any secrets stashed around in them yet? I'm curious if there'll ever be any "strange sword" type surprises around.

Drakken said:
kuroken said:

Help the bandits when they are attacking your enemies over time they will become your friends so in green.

This.

I'm very sorry to come here 'begging', but I'd like to know if there's a chance of finding a single file from the mod (the 'min_fla_banners_i.dds') that apparently came corrupted, and won't load in the game...

Drakken said:
kuroken said:
This is almost an exploit if you ask me, but thanks :grin:

Please, is there any way to have a lord that was a companion come back to my party? And also is there a way to manipulate a companion's statistics? Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom