Need More Info Game not working after startup and not closing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
v.1.1.1
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: My game is not starting after clicking start on singleplayer or multiplayer. As soon as start is clicked it closes and does nothing.
How to Reproduce:
Have you used cheats and if so which: N/A
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

I was able to delete all files in the game execpt Win64_Shipping_Client which it will not let me get rid of as the game still runs.

I just tried to end the Bannerlord launcher again in task manager this time through details and now it says I do not have permission. So then I tried to end the task in the command prompt as administrator and it says it's not running.

You can try restarting your PC so the game is forced to close that way. After checking the workaround are you still experiencing this?
Everytime I restart my PC the game is still left running when it's turned back on as the launcher is always open. I checked the workarounds and either no of them apply as the launcher is always running or they don't work.

That is really odd. When the OS is turning off or restarting all the process are being closed. Could you check your Startup tab on Task Manager to see if the game executable is somehow added to there?

This is really odd. We don't have anything to share about how the game is still running even after the PC got restarted.
Do I understand correctly-tech support can't help us? There are 3 more people in steam with the same problem, I promised to notify them of your decisions.

Last edited:
Do I understand correctly-tech support can't help us? There are 3 more people in steam with the same problem, I promised to notify them of your decisions.
Wait you have the same issue? Dang I thought I was the only one because this is so odd. I got the game to stop running randomly but I downloaded it again and same issue continues to run. I am honestly surprised a steam game could even do this.

Another question at this point I am seriously considering just factory resetting my computer. Have any of you tried this?

Sorry for sending so many messages but I have

YOU'RE A HERO! IT WORKED IT ACTUALLY WORKED IT'S FIXED THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!! (I have over 300 hours now)
What exactly did you do? What is there and how should I rename it?I renamed steam_api.dll and I just stopped running the game.Even the launcher.

Last edited:
Sorry for sending so many messages but I have

YOU'RE A HERO! IT WORKED IT ACTUALLY WORKED IT'S FIXED THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!! (I have over 300 hours now)
No probs. I just googled the issue you were having. I'm no expert but I wonder if the issue is somewhat to do with Steam? Maybe a reinstall of Steam may help?

Back
Top Bottom