Version number
e1.7.304030
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Protocol74

Recruit
Summary: When I click to start the game the launcher window pop up. When I click on play or continue the window vanish and nothing happen. I can see the launcher is still running in the task manager and in Steam it appear I'm playing the game. The game never starts, even after an hour. No crash, error, no message at all. I check the file via Steam and i uninstall/install the game multiple time, i also removed all game file. Always the same problem. Last year i was able to play without any problem. I have over 90 hours playing this game. I want to play, please i need help
How to Reproduce: Each time i click on play in the launcher window
Have you used cheats and if so which: no
Scene Name (if related): N/A
Media (Screenshots & Video): N/A
Computer Specs:
GPU: Radeon RX 580
GPU Driver Version: 21.40.29.05-220223a-376944E-RadeonSoftware
CPU: I5 4690k
RAM: 8
Motherboard: Z97-A Rev 1.xx
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): WDS100T3X0C-00SJG0

Launcher log:

Try to load dll TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Steam.dll

Resolving: TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.XmlSerializers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Try to load dll TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.XmlSerializers.dll

Resolving: TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.XmlSerializers
Try to load dll TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.XmlSerializers.dll

Can't reset context
Loading FiraSansExtraCondensed-Regular font, at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Native\LauncherGUI\Fonts\FiraSansExtraCondensed-Regular/FiraSansExtraCondensed-Regular.fnt
Couldn't find .dll: ..\..\Modules\Native\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.DedicatedServer.dll
Couldn't find .dll: ..\..\Modules\Native\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.DedicatedCustomServer.dll
Couldn't find .dll: ..\..\Modules\Native\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Platform.PS.dll
Couldn't find .dll: ..\..\Modules\Native\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Platform.GDK.dll
Init LauncherModsDLLManager
Total startup time: 1.7330
Playing sound: default
Setting engine methods at Controller::SetEngineMethodsAsDotNet

Problem solved, i turned off the steam cloud. Actualy im not sure if that realy solve the problem.
Any way i can play again now :smile:

I have a similar problem where even though I press to start the game it shows on steam the green "playing" icon and then suddenly reloads and like I haven't started my game yet. It's definitely not a pc issue cause I recently got an RTX machine and warband used to run on my older pc. Please help. (I had also downloaded several mods but nothing is on steam workshop and I have also tried to clean reinstall it).
Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

I have a similar problem where even though I press to start the game it shows on steam the green "playing" icon and then suddenly reloads and like I haven't started my game yet. It's definitely not a pc issue cause I recently got an RTX machine and warband used to run on my older pc. Please help. (I had also downloaded several mods but nothing is on steam workshop and I have also tried to clean reinstall it).
Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.
Is this happening on Bannerlord or Warband?

Could you try these workarounds?
If you are having issues with the game not launching or crashing on launch then I would strongly recommend that you first check to see if you have any sort of security software which is blocking the process.

If the launcher fails to open after pressing the "Play" button in Steam then you should check to make sure that you are not trying to run the game in compatibility mode.
  • Right click Mount & Blade: Warband in your library
  • Select "Properties"
  • Select the "Local Files" tab
  • Select "Browse Local Files"
  • Right click mb_warband.exe
  • Select "Properties"
  • Select the "Compatibility" tab
  • Ensure the "Run this program in compatability mode for:" checkbox is unchecked

If you are still having problems you should unsubscribe from any mods you have installed through the workshop and delete them from the workshop folder. The workshop folder can be found:
  • Steam > steamapps > workshop > content > 48700

If unsubscribing and removing the contents of this folder does not fix your problem then I would suggest that you try to verify your game files which you can do by:
  • Right click Mount & Blade: Warband in your library
  • Select "Properties"
  • Select the "Local Files" tab
  • Select "Verify Integrity of Game Files"

If you are able to see the launcher, but the game crashes after selecting "Play Mount & Blade" or after the intro video, then I would suggest that you try launching in Windowed Mode which you can do by:
  • Open the launcher
  • Select "Configure"
  • Select the "Video" tab
  • Check the "Start Windowed" checkbox
  • Select "OK"
You can then pop the game back in to full-screen mode by using "ALT + Enter" at the Main Menu.

I cant start the game either. When i click on it, it just doesnt start tried to turn off steam cloud and one drive also but didnt effect anything. Could someone help please?

Unfortunately, none of the solutions worked. I press play on steam and it starts loading and after a few seconds (without even the launcher popping up) it is as if I had never pressed the play button. I sincerely don't know what's going on.
Have you tried deleting the game and manually removing all the left over files and installing again?

Have you tried deleting the game and manually removing all the left over files and installing again?
Sorry for the late response but it was an exam period for my university. I have tried to manually delete warband from the steam files but I am not sure if I should also delete anything else as well.

Back
Top Bottom