Game - mod comparison

Users who are viewing this thread

Askorti

Master Knight
As far as I know, many WF&S owners play The Deluge mod for Warband too, so I got curious. What is their opinion, when they get to compare those two products?
Which one is better? More entertaining? Bad/good sides of both ones?
Also, I'd like to state, that I'm not seeking quarrels over that matter, just want to know your opinion.
Of course, I'm talking about Multiplayer mode only, since the mod has no SP. (yet?)

So.. What would you say about them?

Agree with lol.

The Deluge

Disadvantages;

Slow reload time makes gunpowder weapons useless
Very limited use of some weapons (pikes and lances)
Entering servers in second attempt is a bit frustrating

Advantages;

Sounds are great. (gunpowder weapons)
Some unique features are far beyond wfas (ditches, cannons, flags etc)
All armour models are better than wfas.

One point is weapon durability needs to be balanced since you cant use pikes (because they brake easily)  and muskets are very slow to reload, cavalry prevails every combat in open.

Temuçin said:
cavalry prevails every combat in open.
It's called realism. :smile:
It's well known, that The Deluge developers aimed at realism and historical accuracy, while WF&S seems to be based on an "easy" gameplay.

Sorry to say that but in pc games playability and balance should be two matters to think of for mod and game developers. Sadly, I introduced  to many of my friends to play The Deluge but all complained about limited game play and abandoned.

I have nothing to say if developers prefer sacrificing game play in order to provide historical realism.

me, myself and I think that the realism part is fun, and therefor the choice goes for "The Deluge" since im a mp hardcore player.

I think the clothing textures are a lot better in WFaS though. But at the same time I think the clothings are more accurate in The Deluge (juding from the swedes) dunno about the other injun-factions.

I know this is an old post, but -

Swedish armors are prettier and better detailed in wfas, as well as the clothes. I much prefer them at the moment.

Polish Winged hussars look far better and sexier in The Deluge. Polish armors and clothes look good in both games, but I think deluge has the upper hand due to variety.

Cossacks and Crimeans looks far better in The Deluge.

Back
Top Bottom