Resolved Game Launcher won't Open

Users who are viewing this thread

I couldn't find any other reports related to this, so I decided to ask it myself...

Lately, the game won't even open for me. When I or Steam opens the "TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.exe" file, the icon appears briefly in my taskbar before disappearing. The weird thing is, the first time it happened was right after I closed the game and tried to re-open it (planning to try a new mod setup). I haven't been able to figure out what may have caused the issue, even after having Steam verify my installation and going through admin mode when opening the launcher. The best I can come up with is that the properties of the file says it had a failure with the digital signature, but my computer won't consider the signature trusted even when I add it to the list of trusted signatures.

Does anyone have any idea why this might not be working? At this point, I may delete the launcher and see if I can re-download it to fix the issue...

Update: I've tried re-downloading the launcher and fully uninstalling and re-installing the game, neither of which worked to fix the issue.

Okay, I figured out what went wrong. While trying to get my personal mod to stop crashing on startup, I apparently removed a line (that I was told was optional) that is required for the launcher. For whatever reason, the launcher will close without any error message if the SubModule.xml is too broken to read.

So, as Endo said, the solution here is to remove all non-standard modules and add them back one-by-one to see which one was busted.

(I still have issues where my mod crashes the game on startup, but at least the launcher works again.)

Edit: How do I mark this thread as "Solved"?

Edit thread, prefix it with solved instead of unsolved
I looked at that, but it won't let me use any prefix other than "Unsolved". Even when I try to type in "Solved" manually, it autocorrects it to "Unsolved".

...This became a different kind of bug report.

Hello, thanks for reporting this problem. Unfortunately, we were unable to respond to this thread when it was first created. We believe the issue may have been resolved since the creation of this topic. If you are currently experiencing this issue with the latest live or beta versions of the game, please update this thread so we can forward this issue to the team for investigation.

Back
Top Bottom