Game keeps crashing with mods no matter what.

Users who are viewing this thread

I know people might say this is just a mods conflicting problem but I have had these mods running together before and now when I come back to the game it says unverified code then lists all my mods and asks if I want to continue anyway. I hit okay and then I crash not even before the loading screen shows up. Wondering if anyone has the same issue / what happened to make my mods suddenly like this. I have given the game a couple of months break so that way they could fix things and I wouldn't be frustrated but now I come back and nothing wants to work. also even when I remove all my mods the game crash's so that's another thing

Last edited:
The game is updated every few weeks so the mods you were using a couple of months ago are probably incompatible with the current game version. You'll have check the mod pages on nexus to see if they've been updated, if they haven't often there are alternatives. You should also delete your modules folder, or the entire M&B Bannerlord folder, and then verify the game files through steam by right clicking on Bannerlord in your library and going to 'properties > local files'.

If you want to stay on one particular game version you can select one in 'properties > betas'.

I checked and updated all mods with vortex and they all worked. and like I said I verified and disabled all my mods currentyl uninstalling and reinstalling hoping that fixes problems

Okay, I think I found the problem after a lot of messing around. the game didn't like the mods I had that were on for messing with the ai like giving them the option to execute prisoners, so after uninstalling all ai changing mods plus uninstalling and reinstalling I got my other mods to work.

NVM now it crashes when I try to start the game in the menu and hit campaign.
Edit Figured out the crashing problem once and for all and can finally play again. I guess it just comes down to the Ai not being messed with. But I still don't understand why the game crashed even when I had everything disabled, and it only started to work from a deinstall to reinstall.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom