In Progress Game is unable to save config/savegame files in : ...\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

After getting this bug, I got into the habit of making new saves every half hour, and this worked fine until all the sudden the game's autosave failed and the popup cameup announcing it. I went back to the save right before it, and it loads, but it won't resave! That's fine, I went to the one before that... It also will load but not resave immediately upon loading. That makes no sense though, because a save had worked before 30 minutes after it. To make a long story short, I went back 9 saves and all of them will load but not save after. And yet the oldest had 8 subsequent saves. That makes no sense. The save 10 saves back, which is 5 hours ago, works. But that completely defeats my practice of regular saving and makes me just want to quit the game.

I looked in the folder and confirmed that all the bad saves are 70 mb and the first working save is 39 mb. Any way to repair save bloat?

Which doesn't make closing the Nexus thread any less unusual and, yes, community unfriendly, by definition. As only a microscopic percentage of the playerbase uses Github: this doesn't just mean much less people will contribute with bug reports (but that's their business: indeed getting them only from people who bother to use Github may very well make it more orderly and avoid excessive inaccurate feedback, so there's advantages too indeed), but also that players lose the Nexus platform as the hub in which to discuss the mod and, for instance, help one another with their issues, compatibility troubles between mods etc, nor they have - as it happens with most other mods - the Nexus as a hub to get infos and updates by the modders about what they are working on etc. Which is a disadvantage for the players themselves: so, again by definition, "not very sharing with the community".

Anyway, this is OT so whatever.

Just make a github acount and properly submit your bugs over there these people of the community are putting their time in to fix your issues you might as well take the 3 extra seconds to make a githubacount and submit your bugs over there like they ask in the description.

Just make a github acount and properly submit your bugs over there these people of the community are putting their time in to fix your issues you might as well take the 3 extra seconds to make a githubacount and submit your bugs over there like they ask in the description.

I see you didn't understand a single word I wrote. Like the fact it doesn't matter whether I am (or we are) or not on Github (I am, btw), but the very fact Github isn't a community board and the vast majority of the community isn't and never will be there whether we like it or not. But that's all right, it happens.

What's more concerning - and definitely more in topic - is the report by @Forteverum. I had the impression something similar might have happened to me as well at least in a few occasions, but other times I could go back to an earlier save relatively fine. And, just like several others, I found the issue way too annoying to simply be bothered to keep playing at all until it's fixed, so I couldn't really aggregate more data.

@Forteverum, you still have those saves? Have you checked in the windows browser the file timestamp? I'd be very curious to know if their last modification date corresponds with when the save was created in game, or if they actually got modified (when they bloated, basically) later on.

Also, I wouldn't hold too much my breath for a progress update from the devs about an issue that's not even officially been recognized yet.

Last edited:
I see you didn't understand a single word I wrote. Like the fact it doesn't matter whether I am (or we are) or not on Github (I am, btw), but the very fact Github isn't a community board and the vast majority of the community isn't and never will be there whether we like it or not. But that's all right, it happens.

What's more concerning - and definitely more in topic - is the report by @Forteverum. I had the impression something similar might have happened to me as well at least in a few occasions, but other times I could go back to an earlier save relatively fine. And, just like several others, I found the issue way too annoying to simply be bothered to keep playing at all until it's fixed, so I couldn't really aggregate more data.

@Forteverum, you still have those saves? Have you checked in the windows browser the file timestamp? I'd be very curious to know if their last modification date corresponds with when the save was created in game, or if they actually got modified (when they bloated, basically) later on.

Also, I wouldn't hold too much my breath for a progress update from the devs about an issue that's not even officially been recognized yet.

If you care so much become their community manager they are asking for one.

Bump
Would very much appreciate progress report on this - the very nature of workarounds is that they sometimes just don't work, so it's better to solve the issue itself. I like the game very much, but I can't play it because of this bug

Bump again.

Also not playing until I can save my game. Never used mods, tried every workaround suggested in this thread and others... Come on - a game like this needs a solid and reliable save system. I can forgive a lot of crashes as long as my game can be saved... But right now, you're not getting feedback from all of us who can't even save our games reliably...
So...
Bump...

Bump again.

Also not playing until I can save my game. Never used mods, tried every workaround suggested in this thread and others... Come on - a game like this needs a solid and reliable save system. I can forgive a lot of crashes as long as my game can be saved... But right now, you're not getting feedback from all of us who can't even save our games reliably...
So...
Bump...
+1 still cant save.

Ok seriously SHUT UP about anti-virus. 30 people already mentioned it. Repeating the same **** isn't solving the problem. If you look 3in up and see the same damn thing you're about to say. Say nothing and carry on with your day.

I came back to the game after a while to find I had this issue. First I deleted all the mod files I had which didn't seem to help. I deleted all my saves except 1, still didn't help. Did the Windows defender didn't help. And reinstalled, didn't help...

So finally I decided to just delete the saves folder with the 1 save inside. For whatever reason this fixed my problem. Upon deleting it whilst I was in game and creating a new save, it created a new folder and a new save and now my saves seem to be perfect. Before it was unable to auto save, or just save, I could only replace existing saves with the save as function. Hope this helps someone out there!

Back
Top Bottom