Game is really repeating itself

Users who are viewing this thread

Fishfiseyin

Regular
I used to play singleplayer but now multiplayer is much more fun for me. İn singleplayer the things we can make are fight loot sell fight loot sell. Tournaments are really empty . The game makes me feel that ı am not playing it. Like ı am just watching. Something is really really missing in the game. Multiplayer section also has minus aspects. A tier 1 soldier can not use the longbow as he is an tier 4 archer.

Perhaps it needs restating, but the game is still in Early Access, with the devs focusing on game stability before anything else. I'd wager, both from their original plans, and from what feedback and suggestions they've received from fans that they have plans to flesh out more of the game in time and add more to it. It is honestly more of a skeleton right now, but with time, hopefully we'll see more to content.

That said, what kind of things would YOU like to see in order to get more fulfillment from the game? I'm sure the devs want to hear those things, as well.

Most of all I want complex diplomacy and kingdom management. With political struggle, palace intrigues, ways to overthrow kings, peasant and noble revolts, alliances,non-aggression pacts, trade agreements, trade wars... you name it.

Second of all I want character and companion progression fixed or overhauled. Current state of this part of the game just disheartening.

Most of all I want complex diplomacy and kingdom management. With political struggle, palace intrigues, ways to overthrow kings, peasant and noble revolts, alliances,non-aggression pacts, trade agreements, trade wars... you name it.

Second of all I want character and companion progression fixed or overhauled. Current state of this part of the game just disheartening.
perks are being reworked completely and diplomacy is still not in the game yet but its planned, you're welcome.

The problem, I believe, is the expectation vs the intent. I have every belief that TW wants to make this another cult favorite that easily surpasses Warband and the others. I believe they have the system in place to do that, given the time to stabilize the game, and flesh out more features and content.

The playerbase was informed that this was to be an EA game with focus on improving through fan interest and request, but in the end, I think most of the disgruntled fans simply were not aware of how off things were with this until they sank their fangs into it. There is nothing wrong with being frustrated over the lack of progress, just don't let that distract you from the fact that there is progress.

There is nothing wrong with being frustrated over the lack of progress, just don't let that distract you from the fact that there is progress.
This cannot be stated enough.

The game is very bare bones, even though it is quite playable compared to many other early access games I've played, but there is improvement every week. People need to remember that the Devs ARE looking at the forums and that their team is small. This isn't a 500-programmer AAA studio. Improvement will take time.

Nahhhhh they are just fixing the game and finishing up the modding tools so that we can fix the game and add content for them in both aspects of single player and multiplayer. We all know this.

They will probably flesh out some parts of this, but I would temper my expectations over some of it. TW have never indicated that palace intrigue is going to be a big part the game (and they did say don't expect a crusader kings - deep game). It's very likely they will flesh out lord's personalities dialogue and missions, but I wouldn't expect big leaps in terms of intrigue and skullduggery. Likewise diplomacy is likely to be fleshed out a bit but probably not in the form of complex alliances and such. There is always the chance for this stuff as mods or updates post release but I would be very surprised if we get it from TW before then. As a sandbox, there are a lot of moving parts (even though yes, they are not very fleshed out right now), so I would expect more of what there is, rather than anything too radical in terms of additional systems. There's definitely still potential for a lot of fun though.

They will probably flesh out some parts of this, but I would temper my expectations over some of it. TW have never indicated that palace intrigue is going to be a big part the game (and they did say don't expect a crusader kings - deep game). It's very likely they will flesh out lord's personalities dialogue and missions, but I wouldn't expect big leaps in terms of intrigue and skullduggery. Likewise diplomacy is likely to be fleshed out a bit but probably not in the form of complex alliances and such. There is always the chance for this stuff as mods or updates post release but I would be very surprised if we get it from TW before then. As a sandbox, there are a lot of moving parts (even though yes, they are not very fleshed out right now), so I would expect more of what there is, rather than anything too radical in terms of additional systems. There's definitely still potential for a lot of fun though.

Well, we need basic systems for starters. Foe example, basic defensive alliances will be enough to cool down snowballing.issue, basic revolts will help with snowballing too.

And later modders will expand this basic systems to high heavens, given tools and time.

Well, we need basic systems for starters. Foe example, basic defensive alliances will be enough to cool down snowballing.issue, basic revolts will help with snowballing too.

And later modders will expand this basic systems to high heavens, given tools and time.

Oh I agree. We definitely need more for the basic systems. And I think your list was great and I would personally love all of those things to be in there. I'm just not sure that's the game we'll see from TW even a year from now. Game developers have surprised me before though. And I'm definitely excited for mods, but again realistically the truly game changing ones are probably still a fair way off. Looking forward to them though.

For anyone saying the game has lost its spark. I highly recommend you step into the mod world. Some really good stuff on nexus right now, and a lot of mods that can help tailor to your desired playthrough. Right now I'm messing with the wages and troop recruitment costs. Entirely. Hanges up the game to play with those values raised, as it makes you really work to build your warband and maintain it. Its Kaoses wages mod.

I was feeling the same a while back, SP was a drag and the MP just has so much to offer. Now I feel its flipped a bit as mods are really making SP great again.

Based on the changes that have been made so far, I do not hold up much hope that the finished product will be substantially better. Different, sure, better, not so much.

?‍♂️

modding tools wont come out until release, what are you on about lmao
Uhhhhhhh exactly that? They aren’t “adding” anything new to the game. Just fixing it and crap so they can hurry up and release the game and modding tools so we can add our own content cause they are incompetent of creating their own content

Uhhhhhhh exactly that? They aren’t “adding” anything new to the game. Just fixing it and crap so they can hurry up and release the game and modding tools so we can add our own content cause they are incompetent of creating their own content
if they wanted us to fix the game and add content why would they wait until release to give us modding tools? again, what are you on about

I think TW is definitely going to have to take a look at some sort of random mission generator type of system as well as various possible story lines playing out with every new campaign.

Perhaps we could have various protagonists and antagonists with each new campaign depending on our character creation choices, the choices we make throughout the story line along with some random variables thrown in.

Playing out the same exact story every single campaign will get old extremely fast.

Back
Top Bottom