SP - General Game is great, but i always wonder....how would it be coop?

Users who are viewing this thread

Well I'm already of the opinion that most things that stop time, shouldn't stop time.

The idea that I can pop into town, unload 2,000 lbs of loot in the market, buy 100 horses, 300 sacks of grain, then recruit a dozen locals into my army, and stop by the pub without a second of time passing is nonsensical.

As well, why can't I manage my clan or kingdom while time passes and my wounded troops heal? Why does TW insist on torturing me by making me only able to pass time by staring at their map not doing anything.

The game needs to pause a whole hell of a lot less.

For what it's worth, I agree. I think the clock should roll maybe 10% slower, but almost nothing should pause time.

Now, for that to work, a lot of other structures would have to be present in the game. E.g. A messenger system so that the player could, at least on a 1-3 day calendar delay, give instructions to parties, towns, stranded companions, etc. remotely. But +1 for less stopped time.

It's a big question, though, that would have massive ripple effects on the way the whole game works.

I remember talking about coop years ago even in Warband and since that I always imagined that it would be like coop for same faction (clan). One is leader another is compagnion. Everywhere toghether something like campaign begins you have bro but instead of disappearing that bro could be your clan member - family - another player. Afterall clan leader leads army but relies on others for their skills.

hi, yeah, there are a lot of people who wishes to have a coop.

my only problem is with coop, when you or you mate are in a battle, the campaign map is in single player always on stop. so if you or your mate are in battle, how you solve the issue to be in a battle and at the same time, the campaign map is still going on? or should the campaign map get into hold, so you have to wait untilt he battle is done?
the easiest way will be to not have even the chance to fight battles and only have auto resolve, but that would be a hard cut in the fun of the game

I don't know about implementing it but it is very easy to answer. Your friend joins the battle, taking the role of one of your companions or your enemy, depending on how you choose to play. Autoresolve only would ruin the game.

I remember talking about coop years ago even in Warband and since that I always imagined that it would be like coop for same faction (clan). One is leader another is compagnion. Everywhere toghether something like campaign begins you have bro but instead of disappearing that bro could be your clan member - family - another player. Afterall clan leader leads army but relies on others for their skills.

That is not necessary either, both could roam the map with separate parties. When one player gets in a battle the other player joins the battle.

Maybe if they would finnaly decide to make a big decision towards ending early acces, i wouldn't really think it would be a a co-op phase but atleast a step towards it by giving you an option if you would want during the campaign to have the time stop during trade screens, battles, etc. or have the time be running and everyone doing their errands
That would be a big step towards co-op campaign

I believe that allowing everything to occur in real time would make the trick. But is this still possible to implement in to hte game? I do not known, But, one can only hope.

hi, yeah, there are a lot of people who wishes to have a coop.

my only problem is with coop, when you or you mate are in a battle, the campaign map is in single player always on stop. so if you or your mate are in battle, how you solve the issue to be in a battle and at the same time, the campaign map is still going on? or should the campaign map get into hold, so you have to wait untilt he battle is done?
the easiest way will be to not have even the chance to fight battles and only have auto resolve, but that would be a hard cut in the fun of the game

I think if its coop, then the other player has to join or spectate ur battle, or the main map pauses in that instance for all in the session (I think the better way is for everyone to join the battle, easy if its 2-4 players cooping)

Back
Top Bottom