SP - General Game has bored me to death

Users who are viewing this thread

Well yes in a way but it works fine on the ground to. But you can easily scout faster with an horse and get more view of the terrain in front of you as well but you gonna be having to multitask anyways if those horses comes in :wink: and if it gets to much at the time theres always F6 for an quick fix untill you got it settled again
Romphalia makes multi tasking easy cause all your enemys have no heads anymore lol

Romphalia makes multi tasking easy cause all your enemys have no heads anymore lol
Well just dont get to overconfident because you dying can make a battle lost when it could been won :smile: well except if youre not cheesing it that is...Some just rides everywhere fishing the AI so their archers can get em in the back which is an weak thing to do in my un humble opinion ^^ Tactics and being smart is one thing, cheesing just shows youre a bad gamer or well it depends i guess. Especially when the AI is programmed to cheat...well with that said not implying that you do so and even its non of my business how one should enjoy their game :wink: Guess you have that big nice cleaver or something ? :wink: Wish i can have that mod installed though but since i like to make clean reports i cant

Last edited:
I've been running around in circles for the past 2 days, I've already forced myself into nearly 200 hours, ...

Why would you force yourself to do something created for recreation and entertainment? And being bored after 200 hours ... and complaining... ok... None is putting a gun to your head... I hope.

It is a game, not your day job, kids or anything else of relevance.

Well just dont get to overconfident because you dying can make a battle lost when it could been won :smile: well except if youre not cheesing it that is...Some just rides everywhere fishing the AI so their archers can get em in the back which is an weak thing to do in my un humble opinion ^^ Tactics and being smart is one thing, cheesing just shows youre a bad gamer or well it depends i guess. Especially when the AI is programmed to cheat...well with that said not implying that you do so and even its non of my business how you enjoy the game :wink: Guess you have that big nice cleaver or something ? :wink: Wish i can have that mod installed though but since i like to make clean reports i cant
My first order of business when playing cavalry is to decimate all enemy cavalry so they can't flank my archers or infantry.
Second order of business is to get in behind the enemy and depending on numbers go for either archers or infantry.

My first order of business when playing cavalry is to decimate all enemy cavalry so they can't flank my archers or infantry.
Second order of business is to get in behind the enemy and depending on numbers go for either archers or infantry.

Yeah its good tactics :smile:

Why would you force yourself to do something created for recreation and entertainment? And being bored after 200 hours ... and complaining... ok... None is putting a gun to your head... I hope.

It is a game, not your day job, kids or anything else of relevance.
if you don't get it I'll try to explain to fix your misrepresented perspective. Let's go:

First, I'm an old time fan of M&B, really old time fan, been waiting for the game and I've actually contributed to at least 10 different mods for Warband, I have bachelor in Game Development, but I've moved on from said career in favor of Filmmaking. So, I know the process of Development, obviously, as well as I'm fully geared to understand what it is to test a game, and what is to play a game for fun. Any Early Access is testing a game, it's even a bit dubious concerning ethics because they charge us to do a job (beta testing used to be a full-time job). Now, with my experience and knowledge along with my affection towards the M&B makes me want to test it, give honest and relevant feedback so the game can actually be fun in the future for me, and possibly others.

Now, if this thorough explanation fails to correct your perspective, then I'm sorry, but you are most likely too dumb to understand, and I can't give you IQ points, unfortunately. So I have nothing more to say to you one way or another. Be well

Now, if this thorough explanation fails to correct your perspective, then I'm sorry, but you are most likely too dumb to understand, and I can't give you IQ points, unfortunately. So I have nothing more to say to you one way or another. Be well
Wow that was harsh and uncalled for i think you need to take a break you have said yourself you are feeling burned out and it is showing.

if you don't get it I'll try to explain to fix your misrepresented perspective. Let's go:

How can my own perspective be misrepesented by myself? You do not make a lick of sense.

*blablabla I am real M&B fanboy, not you, blablabla*, I have bachelor in Game Development, but I've moved on from said career in favor of Filmmaking. *blablabla*.

A bachelor? Quaint. Gave up a career in development for something else? Cute. So it is _not_ your day job. Senior Team Lead in IT with actual team and project responsibility myself so no cigar on trying to pull authority BS on how this **** works.

Now your only point here is that you should not do Easy Access if you do not want to be a lab rat or are not a betting man ready to lose some money. I'd also like this to go the way of the Dodo but for independents and small game dev studios it has become a life line.

And on your last point. You do not give your honest opinion here, are you? You wasted 200 hours of your life claiming you were bored to death for no other reason to be able to whine about it when it was solely your own choice to do that because you obviously want to be a pompous smart ass. Solely judging from your cute paragraph there.

I am not the one using ad hominems which are the poor person's refuge in lack of arguments or the capacity to have arguments. Don't get hit by the door on the way out. I desperately hope you have no more blathering trite to tell me.

jeez.

I've been running around in circles for the past 2 days, I've already forced myself into nearly 200 hours, and the lack of road-map or any sign of an update bringing fundamental core features into the EA is basically discouraging me to even keep the game installed. I've already suggested everything I could, but since there's no dialogue by TW, I may as well treat this EA as if it didn't exist, currently the game is too broken, the only core gameplay that is currently working is the battle-loop and combat, and that even barely because both show severe issues, idk, I'm disappointed tbh. Why 200h, because I was testing it as best as I could, because I've through it would be useful, clearly it isn't. So yeah, let's just sit back and wait, it's not like it would change anything anyway haha
Alright. What do you expect when there is still a years work to be done? Come back when the devs consider it a complete game.

So yeah, let's just sit back and wait,

I highly recommend don`t burn yourself out with Mount & Blade 2. I know it is difficult, I know it seems like we are playing it already, but we aren`t.

Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord is to be released in about one year. Good EAs are weird :grin:

I've been feeling the same way. I keep starting new games in the hopes that the latest patch has finally made the game feel like a true Mount & Blade experience, but ultimately come away disappointed.

This game was definitely not ready for EA. They should've run a closed beta for the singleplayer first to sort out the major issues. Now that they've invited the whole world in, I worry that a lot of poorly implemented systems will now be locked in and won't ever change substantially.

I've been feeling the same way. I keep starting new games in the hopes that the latest patch has finally made the game feel like a true Mount & Blade experience, but ultimately come away disappointed.

This game was definitely not ready for EA. They should've run a closed beta for the singleplayer first to sort out the major issues. Now that they've invited the whole world in, I worry that a lot of poorly implemented systems will now be locked in and won't ever change substantially.
It's early access. There is still a years work to be done. Please recognize that.

Make that more like 2-3 years
Then that just makes my point stronger. Don't judge this as a complete game because it's not. Why are you worried that-
poorly implemented systems will now be locked in and won't ever change substantially
When the game is not finished and is also taking great inspiration from the community? It's kinda like buying a knife that is sold dull, and being disappointed that's it's dull. You can still sharpen it, but you got what you asked for.

Then that just makes my point stronger. Don't judge this as a complete game because it's not. Why are you worried that-

When the game is not finished and is also taking great inspiration from the community? It's kinda like buying a knife that is sold dull, and being disappointed that's it's dull. You can still sharpen it, but you got what you asked for.
It worries me because I don't expect them to make drastic changes at this stage. Like, for example, replacing the current skill system with something better. They'll most likely just tweak around the edges until it feels adequate enough and that will be what it is. And there are a lot of bad systems like that in the game which TW is probably too invested in to change.

How can my own perspective be misrepesented by myself? You do not make a lick of sense.

A bachelor? Quaint. Gave up a career in development for something else? Cute. So it is _not_ your day job. Senior Team Lead in IT with actual team and project responsibility myself so no cigar on trying to pull authority BS on how this **** works.

Now your only point here is that you should not do Easy Access if you do not want to be a lab rat or are not a betting man ready to lose some money. I'd also like this to go the way of the Dodo but for independents and small game dev studios it has become a life line.

And on your last point. You do not give your honest opinion here, are you? You wasted 200 hours of your life claiming you were bored to death for no other reason to be able to whine about it when it was solely your own choice to do that because you obviously want to be a pompous smart ass. Solely judging from your cute paragraph there.

I am not the one using ad hominems which are the poor person's refuge in lack of arguments or the capacity to have arguments. Don't get hit by the door on the way out. I desperately hope you have no more blathering trite to tell me.

jeez.
giphy.gif

It worries me because I don't expect them to make drastic changes at this stage. Like, for example, replacing the current skill system with something better. They'll most likely just tweak around the edges until it feels adequate enough and that will be what it is. And there are a lot of bad systems like that in the game which TW is probably too invested in to change.
Mr. Danny has a point there, I'm burned out of the game, but that's because I like long term playstyles, I wouldn't say the game will get locked down into a ridiculous state, I'm worried about it's depth in the final version, but I cannot claim that, have to wait and see. What boggles me is that TW has not shown any form of plans to us, which makes it a bit worrisome. Also it makes it really hard to know wtf they want us to give feedback about, I bet that 99% of the time we're running in circles stating the obvious on our feedbacks because it's very likely that they are already addressing tons of issues, the problem with that is the lack of community input which could bring us unpleasant results, then again, we cannot foresee the outcome, though my trust towards TW has been tarnished for years now, since 2014 when the first lies about BL release date started. I'd say that to me, it's bearable (the situation as it is), but the game isn't, it's too damn bland, too shallow, too bugged. Maybe in a few months it'll get on it's feet, but right now it's quite unpleasant, though if I were objectively testing it (by having a ****ing clue of what they need testing) I probably wouldn't.
I still can't believe we don't have an option to camp on the map.
that's very weird indeed. haha

Of course they are not going to change something that big. Ever. Because they are yet to see the problem with it. I like it.

Back
Top Bottom