SP - General Game has bored me to death

Users who are viewing this thread

xdj1nn

Knight at Arms
I've been running around in circles for the past 2 days, I've already forced myself into nearly 200 hours, and the lack of road-map or any sign of an update bringing fundamental core features into the EA is basically discouraging me to even keep the game installed. I've already suggested everything I could, but since there's no dialogue by TW, I may as well treat this EA as if it didn't exist, currently the game is too broken, the only core gameplay that is currently working is the battle-loop and combat, and that even barely because both show severe issues, idk, I'm disappointed tbh. Why 200h, because I was testing it as best as I could, because I've through it would be useful, clearly it isn't. So yeah, let's just sit back and wait, it's not like it would change anything anyway haha

Sorry to hear that man but hope to see you around later and perhaps then its more to your liking.,..
just had an tight fight with the Khuzs and at the same time got Battania breathing down our neck to the north

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that man but hope to see you around later and perhaps then its more to your liking.,..
just had an tight fight with the Khuzs and at the same time got Battania breathing down our neck to the north

Yeah, that vid is cool, but then again, that's the only playstyle that currently works as the player (on-foot with shield), if you go on horseback, no mater the range of your weapon, you'll have difficulty hitting enemies due to weird animations + hitboxes, and you'll instantly die due to armors being ineffective to some random looter throwing rocks. It's a nightmare hahaha

Yeah, that vid is cool, but then again, that's the only playstyle that currently works as the player (on-foot with shield), if you go on horseback, no mater the range of your weapon, you'll have difficulty hitting enemies due to weird animations + hitboxes, and you'll instantly die due to armors being ineffective to some random looter throwing rocks. It's a nightmare hahaha

you only need to practice more. Its harder in this one then war band for sure and took me some time to get used to it to....
But when you get the feel for it and good timing then its no more problem. Ive been playing all kinds of rolls man so ive been there :wink:
Thinking about going knife only next time but idk a good character role for it though ^^

Last edited:
if you go on horseback, no mater the range of your weapon, you'll have difficulty hitting enemies due to weird animations + hitboxes, and you'll instantly die due to armors being ineffective to some random looter throwing rocks. It's a nightmare hahaha

While I'm not sure if I am having fun overall or not, this. This is very true. I'd swear my weapons have passed right through the enemy before and other times I hit them when I'm not sure how... but most of the time, I miss and at times where I feel like I would have struck them down something fierce. Also, while it hasn't happened a lot to me (though I am not playing on realistic damage), I have been one shot killed by a rock throw even though I had full health, lol.

Btw heres some logic for you xD just captured it happen

Seems our men dont like Tonypos lol To bad because i was hoping for that battle to happen becaue would be an awesome recording but nope ^^

I've been running around in circles for the past 2 days, I've already forced myself into nearly 200 hours, and the lack of road-map or any sign of an update bringing fundamental core features into the EA is basically discouraging me to even keep the game installed. I've already suggested everything I could, but since there's no dialogue by TW, I may as well treat this EA as if it didn't exist, currently the game is too broken, the only core gameplay that is currently working is the battle-loop and combat, and that even barely because both show severe issues, idk, I'm disappointed tbh. Why 200h, because I was testing it as best as I could, because I've through it would be useful, clearly it isn't. So yeah, let's just sit back and wait, it's not like it would change anything anyway haha

10 hours in and i could tell this is basically just warband with updated graphics. we got scammed. we paid 50 bucks for a 20 dollar game, and there's not enough development in the world at this point that can make it worth the extra 30. it's already in a late beta stage, we got played.

you only need to practice more. Its harder in this one then war band for sure and took me some time to get used to it to....
But when you get the feel for it and good timing then its no more problem. Ive been playing all kinds of rolls man so ive been there :wink:
Thinking about going knife only next time but idk a good character role for it though ^^

You are so positive all the time, give in to the hate^^
But in all seriousness, i spend another 100 hours in this game (now close to 200) and i mastered the combat in arena and in battles with all types of weapons and you know what? Now the game is completely empty for me. Before that arena fights and simulations at least posed a fun challenge, now it is just another tedious and boring task, like all the other parts of the game.

I totally agree with the snetiment here, that this is just a worse copy of warband with better graphics. And i am not even pissed about wasting 50 euro. I am pissed, because the concept is unique and would have the potential to be the perfect game for me, but i do not see that being realized in the slightest.

10 hours in and i could tell this is basically just warband with updated graphics. we got scammed. we paid 50 bucks for a 20 dollar game, and there's not enough development in the world at this point that can make it worth the extra 30. it's already in a late beta stage, we got played.
I am dissapointed with the lack of features too 2bh I know it is EA but i did expect it to be more fleshed out than its current state.
But i don't believe i have been conned or played and have faith that these things will get addressed plus the game has a great modding community.

I was doing okay in-game, but as I've said, armor is too ineffective, so you can't actually horse-charge anything but passive AI. If the peasant is armed with anything that has longer range (post animation) than your own lance, for instance, you'll die instantly. If you rush into throw-able attacks, you'll die instantly. If you make a perfect drive by swinging your sword, but the filthy peasant gets to step 1 quarter of an inch into the direction of your horse, you'll miss the attack, and he'll even be able to hit you (it's like the horse was made of soap, it slides through enemies instead of stunning them). The difficulty in Bannerlord is not due to improved difficulty, it's due to a plethora of unintuitive AI behavior, physics, collision, animations, hitboxes, and bugs, almost forgot, and because armor is virtually useless... I've managed a playthrough wearing the starting pajamas and never bothered spending on armor, just got a shield and I was pristine, felt exactly the same as when I was playing with Cataphract gear in another playthrough, only that I was significantly faster... The problem with BL is that avoiding attacks is too easy, the impression it gives of danger is only due to numbers... If you have fast enough reflexes you can avoid all incoming attacks from multiple enemies, it's easier to avoid attacks than it is to block them due to the input delay... It's a nightmare (to me at least), negates too many factors that should be accounted for...

I was doing okay in-game, but as I've said, armor is too ineffective, so you can't actually horse-charge anything but passive AI. If the peasant is armed with anything that has longer range (post animation) than your own lance, for instance, you'll die instantly. If you rush into throw-able attacks, you'll die instantly. If you make a perfect drive by swinging your sword, but the filthy peasant gets to step 1 quarter of an inch into the direction of your horse, you'll miss the attack, and he'll even be able to hit you (it's like the horse was made of soap, it slides through enemies instead of stunning them). The difficulty in Bannerlord is not due to improved difficulty, it's due to a plethora of unintuitive AI behavior, physics, collision, animations, hitboxes, and bugs, almost forgot, and because armor is virtually useless... I've managed a playthrough wearing the starting pajamas and never bothered spending on armor, just got a shield and I was pristine, felt exactly the same as when I was playing with Cataphract gear in another playthrough, only that I was significantly faster... The problem with BL is that avoiding attacks is too easy, the impression it gives of danger is only due to numbers... If you have fast enough reflexes you can avoid all incoming attacks from multiple enemies, it's easier to avoid attacks than it is to block them due to the input delay... It's a nightmare (to me at least), negates too many factors that should be accounted for...

In the 1.3 version now armor is buffed, to much for my liking but its alright so you should rest assure it will come soon i guess to the main branch

In the 1.3 version now armor is buffed, to much for my liking but its alright so you should rest assure it will come soon i guess to the main branch
aren't you fed up with the vasily zaitsevs shooting curving arrows? hahaha Gotta be, AI accuracy is too absurd. You can cheese the game by going Battania (best fiefs), and spamming archers of all types, mounted, unmounted, upside down, arms attached to the hips while legs to shoulders.......

I am dissapointed with the lack of features too 2bh I know it is EA but i did expect it to be more fleshed out than its current state.
But i don't believe i have been conned or played and have faith that these things will get addressed plus the game has a great modding community.

Modding community is great and all but it should NOT be the role of modders to make the core game playable.
As much as making the game as moddable as possible is a GREAT move that I wholeheartedly approve of, creating an empty, shallow, unfinished box, calling i a full game and letting modders fix and fill it up is ass scummy as it gets.
If you just called Bannerlord an empty sandbox for modders to build on I would be fine with it. Then you know what you're getting.

But yes, burnt out of it already. There's really not much to do and everything is too repetitive, too shallow and too broken ATM to truly enjoy.

Modding community is great and all but it should NOT be the role of modders to make the core game playable.
As much as making the game as moddable as possible is a GREAT move that I wholeheartedly approve of, creating an empty, shallow, unfinished box, calling i a full game and letting modders fix and fill it up is ass scummy as it gets.
If you just called Bannerlord an empty sandbox for modders to build on I would be fine with it. Then you know what you're getting.

But yes, burnt out of it already. There's really not much to do and everything is too repetitive, too shallow and too broken ATM to truly enjoy.
As i already stated i agree there are way too many features missing even for EA and if you are burned out take a break come back in a couple of months or whatever. I mentioned the modding community because Taleworlds can't please everyone and as time goes by mods will let people play how they want to play like adding plate armor for those that want it etc.
Not because i believe that modders should be the ones to do taleworlds job for them.

aren't you fed up with the vasily zaitsevs shooting curving arrows? hahaha Gotta be, AI accuracy is too absurd. You can cheese the game by going Battania (best fiefs), and spamming archers of all types, mounted, unmounted, upside down, arms attached to the hips while legs to shoulders.......

And heres Khuzs in action again ^^ no curving arrows this time though xD

But you has no horse ewwww lol

lol classic...well i like to do cavalry now and then but i prefer being on the ground. More action there + you get more fit for doing siege battles :smile:

Last edited:
lol classic...well i like to do cavalry now and then but i prefer being on the ground. More action there + you get more fit for doing siege battles :smile:
I find it easier to command my troops from horseback and nothing better than a mass charge of heavy cavalry hearing the thunder of hooves then the screams of the people getting lances to face and being trampled :smile:

I find it easier to command my troops from horseback and nothing better than a mass charge of heavy cavalry hearing the thunder of hooves then the screams of the people getting lances to face and being trampled :smile:

Well yes in a way but it works fine on the ground to. But you can easily scout faster with an horse and get more view of the terrain in front of you as well but you gonna be having to multitask anyways if those horses comes in :wink: and if it gets to much at the time theres always F6 for an quick fix untill you got it settled again

Back
Top Bottom