Need More Info Game freezes on world map on the same day and time of day on all saves and new campaigns. Re-validated game files, beta and stable branches dont fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

emuguy90

Recruit
Its a new campaign, no new mods or updates its just the same mods I have had for a while. Just made a new game and it keep happening. I had a very good start with this new campaign so I really want to keep it but when trying to travel from Lycaron towards Rhotae it freezes, even if I take different routes or just passively wait, it freezes on the world map screen at the exact time of day each time.

Crash report, no idea what it means.

Something about battle simulation and surgery skill mobile? I dont know. A few time I did notice my companion name come up with gaining Riding Skill to 10, he is (some name I forgot) the Surgeon, and his clan role is Surgeon. I did experiment and kick him from my clan, no go.

All old saves do the same thing on the same day and time. Brand new campaign with no companions is the same thing on the same day and time with same errors. All I did was leave training field and pass time in town. All my mods have been the same as they were yesterday and the day before. Last night playing was fine too. Have around 60 hours just fine until this morning.

Windows 10
RX 580
16gb DDR4 RAM
ASRock Z370 Killer SLI/SC
1TB SSD
3TB 7200RPM HDD

EDIT

List of mods, had these all week no issues, even after the last update, and when starting a new campaign that I played until late last night. Today it freezes and even another new campaign freezes. They are in the correct order, this is just how its listed in my Modules folder when I typed it all out.

!DCC
Aragas.Civilized
BannerPeasants
BetterAutoCalc
CantRunForever
Collisionfix
CommunityPatch
CompanionOverhaul
CustomBattle
CustomSpawns
CustomTroopUpgrades
DaytimeHideouts
DeveloperConsole
DiplomacyReworked
ExitSettlement
FightingTogetherRelationship
FightToTheEndBoiZoiBasic
FreePlay
GrowUpAndWork
HideoutSendTroops
KillBanditsRaiseRelations
lords_better_spuse_traits
MBFastDialogue
ModLib
NobleNobles
PartyScreenEnhancements
PersistentLock
RealArmor
ResponsiveSoldiersBoiZoi
RighteousExecutions
Slicer
UnitSort
Valkyrja
VsMod_NoPlayerClanPartyLimit
XorberaxDeadlyHorseCharges
zMoreBandits
zzCharacterCreation
zzzBuyPatrols
zzzSpearRebalance

I did notice when talking to nobles in the world map to recruit them, when initiating the convo it showed us on screen as fighting with the cross swords above our heads and linger when I leave off somewhere else, but since day 1 its done that, including the crashing save but also did not do it once on new campaigns so its probably unrelated but who knows, it always happened and was never an issue.

Last edited:
Hey, I'm not with Taleworlds at all, but if you're getting a Null Reference error, the game (or a mod) is trying to reference something that isn't there. Have you tried disabling all mods to rule out the game itself?

Hey, I'm not with Taleworlds at all, but if you're getting a Null Reference error, the game (or a mod) is trying to reference something that isn't there. Have you tried disabling all mods to rule out the game itself?
Ill do that right now but I dont think the game saves will load at all but I can make a new campaign and see what happens when I wait a couple in game weeks

Base game worked, waited in town for over a month and got bored. Base game seems to be just fine.

Last edited:
Ill do that right now but I dont think the game saves will load at all but I can make a new campaign and see what happens when I wait a couple in game weeks

Base game worked, waited in town for over a month and got bored. Base game seems to be just fine.

The next logical step from here would be to enable, say, half of your mods (20 or so.) If the game crashes, you know the offending mod is one of those 20. If it doesn't crash, then it's in the other half.

Then disable 10 and leave 10 running, then disable 5 and leave 5 running, etc etc until you narrow down the mod that is causing the crashes.

The next logical step from here would be to enable, say, half of your mods (20 or so.) If the game crashes, you know the offending mod is one of those 20. If it doesn't crash, then it's in the other half.

Then disable 10 and leave 10 running, then disable 5 and leave 5 running, etc etc until you narrow down the mod that is causing the crashes.
might take me a while, but I have nothing better to do ha ill get on it

I thought I narrowed it down to the CompanionOverhaul mod since my test save made it past Day 39 but it still randomly crashes with the exact same crash window regardless of which mods I enable or enable that made it in my test save that now crashes. I am going to give up for now and wait for new updates to the game and the mods or new mods to replace the current ones and try again one day.

Hello, sorry for the late reply. We have fixed a considerable amount of the problems we have encountered so far and improved the game performance with the multiple patches we have released. Please make sure that your game, your drivers, and OS are up to date and the game has necessary permissions over your security software. Please let us know if the problem persists after completing these steps and verifying the integrity of the game files through Steam.

Back
Top Bottom