Need More Info Game freezes, a blue screen is shown and then my computer restarts

Currently viewing this thread:

Zoumba

Recruit
Best answers
Hello

At random times during BannerLord multiplayer game freezes and my computer becomes unresponsive. After a while a blue screen of death is shown and the PC restarts. The restarts happens immediately after the blue screen appears and I cannot read the message; I believe it throws an unexpected store exception from the glimpses I got from multiple such crashes. The crash truly seems to happen at random moments, once even on main menu.
This crash happens both at 1.4.3 and 1.5 beta. and started happening few days ago. I don't know if this would happen on single player since I haven't tried it for a month now.

My system has: Windows 10, NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 3GB, 8 GB RAM, Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ which I suppose is adequate enough.
I ran hardware diagnostics and everything seems to be working, all drivers are updated, and game files are validated.

Other games, with slighter lower requirements (eg Kingdom come deliverance), don't cause any problems even on lengthy sessions.

Please help. This crash could happen even on < 5 mins after loading the game and truly can't enjoy the game at all.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

MArdA TaleWorlds

Community Support
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
Have you ever experienced this in any other games you played on that PC?
BSOD generally refers to a hardware issue rather than the software. Most of the BSOD reports turned out to be hardware related.

Best answers
there are plenty of BSOD errors related to windows 10 updates. I had a few during the last year, but now it's more or less stable. What exact version of windows are you running?
It could also be linked to hardware power and heat management which appears under heavy load, bios firmware, stuff like that. also ram, graphics card, motherboard, SSD issues. Also, what is the cpu/gpu temperature during bannerlord?