In Progress Game forces me out of a defending town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: This is a weird one, and probably a first.
Here's how things stand so you can better understand the way this bug occurs: so my faction (created kingdom) is at war with the Aserai, and we have managed to capture the town of Razih. The Aserai, not happy with this, have built a huge army to besiege Razih and take it back. I stationed myself inside the town to be involved in its defence but a bug keeps pushing me out of the city, after which Razih becomes uninteractible. (meaning that even if I hover my cursor over it I get no info and I can't click on it to force my way back in).
As far as I can tell this bug is related to a battle that happens halfway across the campaign map between the Khuzaits and the Western Empire. On my save the Khuzaits always lose and whenever my notification-log updates I am pushed out of Razih and this bug occurs. On my save file this glitch can be reproduced indefinitely by just loading and waiting a few seconds for the battle to eventually be resolved.
Among the many notifications of lords being released from captivity and others being taken as prisoners I also get the notification of a guy (Mehir) dying in battle. I am not sure whether it's the nobleman's death that causes the glitch or the result of the battle but I am certain they are related.

How I managed to kind of fix it: before the battle resolves itself I break out of the city, then wait a few seconds for the log to update me that the battle is over, then I break back into the city and from there the siege continues in the usual manner without any unforeseen events. This is why I suspect that the battle that is happening across the map is related to the bug.

How to Reproduce: here is a savefile you can use to reproduce the bug.

Have you used cheats and if so which: NO

Hey, i have forwarded the info to the QA team. Thank you for reporting it in and sorry for the inconvenience.

Back
Top Bottom