Need More Info Game fills up RAM and crashes

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.6.0.
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded
Summary: Game has been filling up my RAM and crashing for the last few weeks. I only play MP and have had these crashes in both siege and TDM. Maps etc doesnt seem to matter. Started happening after I changed out my rtx 2060 for an rtx 3070. I play on mostly maxed out settings at 3440x1440 with and without dlss.
How to Reproduce: Just play the game apparantly. Usually crashes 10-15 minutes into any match.
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: RTX 3070
GPU Driver Version: 471.68 (also previous ones)
CPU: AND Ryzen 3600
RAM: 16gb
Motherboard: MSI B450-A PRO
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Kingston A2000

We have a special performance build to check for these issues by collecting telemetry data. Can you switch to that build, test your performance and send us your data?
  1. Switch to “perf_test” from the Steam betas tab. You can find more info about it here.
  2. Open the game as usual and proceed to the stage where you are experiencing performance issues.
  3. Before the performance issues start, toggle the profiling tool by holding the “right shift” and pressing the “T” key.
  4. Record for 20-30 seconds, press the toggle key combination again. Please keep in mind that, the more you record, the more upload time it will require.
  5. Find the "test.tmcap" file in the "...\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client" folder. You can find the "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" folder inside Steam’s application library folder.
  6. Finally, upload the file to the "upload.taleworlds.com" site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. It is appreciated if you provide more information about your PC, what you were doing while the game was recording and your graphics configuration. If the data you are trying to upload is too big or the site fails to upload, you can use an alternative site to upload your data. If you choose to do that please left a reply to this thread with the download link.

Link to the tmcap file on dropbox. That upload site doesnt seem to work at all.

I was playing for 20-30 minutes when the RAM usage started increasing. Started recording after verifying in the task manager that it was in fact the bannerlord launcher that was filling up my memory. Let the recording proceed as the ram utilization climbed a couple of percent and stopped it so I could turn the game off before crashing as it is usually a fairly buggy crash.

Nothing else open on the pc other than a firefox window and task manager on my 2nd screen. See settings on attached screenshots below.

I really hope you can get to the bottom of this as it is annoying as hell:smile:

FYI the perf_test "beta" version has really weird sound, at least for me. Wrong sound effects for a lot of things.

Still wrong sound effects after verifying the files. Hitting someone with an arrow makes the sound of hitting a metal shield with a hammer f.ex. Keep hearing the "pwieew"-sound that you normally get from shooting your last arrow all the time. And many others are wrong or missing.

But as mentioned before I dont get this on the main branch at least.

Thanks forwarded that bit. But for the original crash, do you have a crash id that we can take a look?
Were you able to see the crash uploader tool? If you can upload your crash to us we can check it out. Please don't forget to copy the Crash ID and write it here so that we can find it.
More info about the crash uploader tool can be found here.
Have you checked out these threads about our Crash Checklist and Common Issues and Workarounds? They can help you find a solution as well.

I have never gotten the crash uploader tool box pop up for this type of crash (last had the RAM crash yesterday when I wanted to test the new patch). The bug more or less crashes windows entirely when the RAM gets full so I don't know if that interferes with the crash uploader starting up.

Could I find crash reports somewhere in the game folders even if the upload window doesn't appear?

Unfortunately I have tried most of the workarounds in those threads but I'll post an update if I find a way to make it work from my end.

A possible fix for RGLGPU_DEVICE::LOCK_TEXTURE Crash​

If you are crashing in the middle of the game with the “RGLGPU_DEVICE::LOCK_TEXTURE” error, you can try the workaround below to fix it:
  • Expanding the swap size on your hard disk. You can find more info regarding this here.
This workaround might work.

Finally got around to try it, GPU broke so had to wait a bit for a replacement. Have performed a clean windows install. Still run same settings and get the same issue. Increasing the swap size does help with the super hard crashes (like that Windows crashes fully) but the game still gets unplayable when physical ram is filled up and I would assume the full crash is only delayed, not avoided.

Do you know if someone got anything out of the tmcap file?

I finally crashed and got the crash uploader! I wasn't monitoring my RAM usage so not 100% certain it was the cause of the crash.
2021-09-08_19.28.46_51435393b75f7fcd54bd921e90fc8227

Quick update: I still have the issue... kinda. Ram fills upp and hovers around 95-100% use. When approaching 100% performance takes a hit but does not crash. If I change the resolution the ram clears up so I usually do this and then change it back to my normal res and the game works fine for a while, Typically have to do this once per siege game.

Update:
Still have this issue. Game doesn't hard crash but I have to change the game resolution to "reset" the launcher size in the ram.

Have changed motherboard, hdds since first encountering the issue but it persists.

Sorry as I have mentioned above I no longer crash from the ram filling up. I usually notice from my framerate tanking hard that I am at 97-100% ram utilization. Then if I change resolution (which one doesnt matter) the ram is cleared and I can change back to my normal resolution.

Last time I just kept playing with the ram full I just had really bad performance but no crash.

Back
Top Bottom