Resolved Game fails to launch after updating to 1.8.0.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: Game fails to load past the main loading screen and crashes as a result of recent update to 1.8.0. The crashing also occurs during safe mode. I have deleted all saves, configs, mods, and have fresh installed the game. Game is also unable to send crash report, and is stuck in an infinite loading loop.
How to Reproduce: Open the game launcher through Steam, press play in the launcher.
Have you used cheats and if so which: None
Scene Name (if related): Launch loading screen
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: RTX 2060 Super
GPU Driver Version: 30.0.15.1295
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600
RAM: 16GB 3200mhz
Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): HDD

Update: I dug through the game files and found some files that should be there as a result from prior modding, especially in the bin folder in the game installation directory. The game now loads to a main menu. This post can be flagged as resolved.

Update: I dug through the game files and found some files that should be there as a result from prior modding, especially in the bin folder in the game installation directory. The game now loads to a main menu. This post can be flagged as resolved.
Hi, can you be more specific ? I have the same problem and I just can't find the solution.

Sure thing.

I had some leftover files in the bin folder and subfolders that I recognised as modded files, but could not find all of them. What I ended up doing was deleting the entire bin folder, and then used steam to verify the file integrity of the game. The bin folder was then downloaded again through steam (only about 100mb or so iirc) and the game worked fine afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom