e1.7.2
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

pawelus

Recruit
Summary:
How to Reproduce: I installed fresh game client by steam (version e1.7.2, the same issue at e1.7.1) then run it by steam. Launcher appears BUT after pressing "PLAY" or "CONTINUTE" game didn't start. In process manager there are NOT any M&B running process. I check the log from C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\logs which suggest that there are some missing .DLL files.
Then, I deleted all fields from ...\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin
and chceck integrity of files by steam - it found some issue and start downloading a missing files BUT it didn't help

Have you used cheats and if so which: NO
Scene Name (if related): -
Media (Screenshots & Video): -
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
GPU Driver Version: 27.21.14.5671
CPU: AMD FX(tm) 6100 Six-Core 3.3GHz
RAM: 16 GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

LOG:
Try to load dll TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Steam.dll

Resolving: TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Library.XmlSerializers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Try to load dll TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Library.XmlSerializers.dll

Resolving: TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Library.XmlSerializers

Can't reset context
Loading FiraSansExtraCondensed-Regular font, at: G:\STEAM\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Native\LauncherGUI\Fonts\FiraSansExtraCondensed-Regular/FiraSansExtraCondensed-Regular.fnt
Couldn't find .dll: ..\..\Modules\Native\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.DedicatedServer.dll
Couldn't find .dll: ..\..\Modules\Native\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.DedicatedCustomServer.dll
Couldn't find .dll: ..\..\Modules\Native\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.DedicatedCustomServer.Official.dll
Couldn't find .dll: ..\..\Modules\Native\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Platform.PS.dll
Couldn't find .dll: ..\..\Modules\Native\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Platform.GDK.dll
Init LauncherModsDLLManager
Total startup time: 1.8040
Playing sound: default
Setting engine methods at Controller::SetEngineMethodsAsDotNet

Could you reproduce this issue again and after it is occurred again can you get an event viewer log for us to see more detail?
You can find more info about event viewer here:
You can send your files to us via the ticketing system on the website. To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Hi,

I reproduce it. Updated game ver to e1.7.2, then press PLAY on steam.

And again, the same issue

From which section of Event Viewer do you need the logs ?
In the application section, there is nothing new.
In system section, warring (ID 10016) occurs

Log from 27th :

Try to load dll TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Steam.dll

Resolving: TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Library.XmlSerializers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Resolving: TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Library.XmlSerializers

Can't reset context
Loading FiraSansExtraCondensed-Regular font, at: G:\STEAM\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Native\LauncherGUI\Fonts\FiraSansExtraCondensed-Regular/FiraSansExtraCondensed-Regular.fnt
Couldn't find .dll: ..\..\Modules\Native\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.DedicatedServer.dll
Couldn't find .dll: ..\..\Modules\Native\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.DedicatedCustomServer.dll
Couldn't find .dll: ..\..\Modules\Native\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.DedicatedCustomServer.Official.dll
Couldn't find .dll: ..\..\Modules\Native\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Platform.PS.dll
Couldn't find .dll: ..\..\Modules\Native\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Platform.GDK.dll
Init LauncherModsDLLManager
Total startup time: 2.7210
Setting engine methods at Controller::SetEngineMethodsAsDotNet

Can you try launching the game through Bannerlord.exe located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client"?

Game launched by Bannerlord.exe didn't run, launcher doesn't pop up.
There is a proccess in widows manager "BannerlordStarter" BUT it's in background processes - not in Apps.

In widows event viewer now I see the information (in system sec.) ID : 7040
none of events in application section.

@MArdA TaleWorlds

Can you send me these missing fiels ?

TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.DedicatedServer.dll
TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.DedicatedCustomServer.dll
TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.DedicatedCustomServer.Official.dll
TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Platform.PS.dll
TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Platform.GDK.dll

I will paste it into Modules\Native\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client
and check if thats will work

Now application starts, but it crashes after few seconds.

I tried :
1) delete the engine_config.txt file
then run MB from Bannerlord.exe

2) delete the engine_config.txt file
then run MB from steam

3) delete the engine_config.txt file
then verify integrity of files by steam (didn't found changes)
then run MB from steam

These all 3 scenarios end with the same crash:

Running game in "safe mode" didn't help too

Yesterday I tried to run game in e.1.2.1 version, all of todays attemps are from this ver.

Sending the dump end with error :

I deleted whole folder Mount and Blade II Bannerlordfrom C:\\...\Documents\

And game starts.
I will make an udpate to e.1.7.2 and check if it's possible to play :smile:

Back
Top Bottom