Game deleting companions because of duplicate suffixes (companion was lost)

Users who are viewing this thread

DennyWiseau

Veteran
Seems like you (TW) implemented conditions to remove duplicate companions from the campaign map.
While efforts to finally revise how companions work/spawn in the game in are very welcome, there should be more focus on how these changes influence the game overall, you shouldent just write a few lines of code and be done with it.

In the very least you SHOULD increase the maximum companion pool or allow player to determine the ammount of possible (different) companions that can spawn into a campaign when setting up a new game. This would also make mods like this: https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/1869 and additional companions overall not obsolete.

Ideally the game would spawn in each type of companion dependent on suffix and culture.
Which I think you attempted to acheive with this piece of code?:

"private void TryKillCompanion() { if (!(MBRandom.RandomFloat <= 0.1f)) { return; } CharacterObject randomElementInefficiently = _aliveCompanionTemplates.GetRandomElementInefficiently(); Hero hero = null; foreach (Hero allAliveHero in Hero.AllAliveHeroes) { if (allAliveHero.Template == randomElementInefficiently && allAliveHero.IsWanderer) { hero = allAliveHero; break; } } if (hero != null && hero.CompanionOf == null && (hero.CurrentSettlement == null || hero.CurrentSettlement != Hero.MainHero.CurrentSettlement)) { KillCharacterAction.ApplyByRemove(hero); } }"

Please recognize that companions is an important component in the overall game experince and treat it as such.

Nothing more annoying than recuruiting companions to see them **** off a minute later after you gave them some of your best gear.

I've seen this remove companions from the pool, never seen it remove my own companion, that's rough lol.

Think I'll skip seriously gearing up companions and just use them as a caravans and governors with this in mind...

It's not supposed to remove them after you hire them, but if it is, that's not surprising. There was a bug until 1.1.3 that it would remove them AFTER they had been promoted to a Lord, so it wouldn't surprise me if there's also a bug that kills them off as a clan member.

While efforts to finally revise how companions work/spawn in the game in are very welcome, there should be more focus on how these changes influence the game overall, you shouldent just write a few lines of code and be done with it.
Agreed. Really, if only the player is going to use wanderers then they should make it more player focused and convenient. Something like to ask at the Taverns and it generates several companions and if you don't like any of them you can try again then next day or go try at another town. Or maybe also have a premium (meaning in game) to hire a specifically high skill wanderer or train up a custom one to your liking. There's no reason other then lazy to have random wanderers spawn and teleport all over the map (and also get killed off to make room for more) if they don't do anything and only the player can interact with them. This was okay in warband because they were specific characters, but it doesn't make any sense in Bannerlord to have random ones just spawning and moving all the time.

Back
Top Bottom