Need More Info Game crashing repeatedly on random dates

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.
Summary:

I had 6 hours of glorious, uninterupted gaming last night, however upon playing this morning something's awry. The game now crashes at certain points; it's like it gets to a particular date and can't go any further.

I'll be travelling the map (in map view) and the game will suddenly freeze. The program ends in Task Manager, but the music continues for a while until it also ends. The screen and all elements become unresponsive. On relaunch, the error message reads: Game shut down unexpectedly on previous session. Would you like to enable safe mode?

I've tried several things, including:
  • Launching game in Safe Mode - no success
  • Verifying the integrity of the game files - no success
  • Installing the OnGovernorChangedWorkaround 1.1.0 mod which is supposed to prevent an error occuring when settlements switch hands - no success
  • Creating fresh save files rather than autosaves - sometimes allows the game to progress beyond crash date, but usually results in delaying it slightly
  • Removing the above mod and reinstalling the game once again - no success
  • Verifying the game files again - no success
  • Deleting the game files in the Documents and ProgramData directories and having them automatically reinstall on launch - no success
I don't know if an update went live last night or something, but something's gone seriously wrong. The game was functioning perfectly normally.

How to Reproduce:

As above, I don't know on which day it'll fail, but it will.

Have you used cheats and if so which:

None.

Scene Name (if related):

n/a

Media (Screenshots & Video):

I can send a video of the game crashing if needed.

Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Super
GPU Driver Version: GeForce Game Ready Driver v.527.56
CPU: Intel i5-9600K
RAM: 32GB
Motherboard: MSI Z390-A Pro
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

20 Std Spielzeit sind mir zum 2 mal beschädigt nach ein paar spielabstürzen.Spiele auf ps4 pro und verzweifel grade 😩 musst dringend gepatcht werden bevor man mit der Kampagne anfangen sollte, mit ziemlicher Sicherheit werden eure speicherdaten beschädigt,auf der Konsole

Hey, we do not offer support for the mods or modded games. Can you try to reproduce the issue on a new campaign after manually removing all the mod files and verifying the integrity of the game files. If the issue is persistent on a new, unmodded campaign please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom