Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2021-05-21_07.35.00_67fe4e86fec39cb53f8c24a80377c753
Summary: Crashes when entering the battle scene (until now, only when fighting army against army)
How to Reproduce: Just enter the battle.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Crash Logs from Better Exception Window

Computer Specs:
GPU: RTX 2080
GPU Driver Version: 466.11
CPU: Ryzen 9 3900x
RAM: 32BG DDR4
Motherboard: AsRock x570m Pro4
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 500GB NVMe M.2 SSD (PCIe3 x4) System & 1000GB NVMe M.2 SSD (PCIe3 x4) for the Game Installation via Steam

I'm pretty far into the Campaign and the game ran very stable until now. Now it crashes when i enter a battle scene, mostly with large battles. Some large battles work and sometimes it crashes when entering a small battle as well. It tends to crash mostly with large battles, though. I have no idea why.

I added all the logs i could, including the latest dump identifier and the logs from better exception window, because i have no idea how to read any of that. I tried disabling some mods and all mods, but then the savegame won't load at all.

Any help would be appreciated, would hate to lose this save and not even know why.

What mods are you using?
Here's a List of all my currently enabled Mods. They worked pretty damn well, up until the crashes started, which is very late in the game.

YzRZYxo.png

Last edited:
Hey! Sorry about that, i changed the image in the previous post to include the version numbers of the mods. At the time of posting, all mods were up to date.
Does it crash when you and all of your companions enter battle without any armor?
Can you post your save game?

Last edited:
Does it crash when you and all of your companions enter battle without any armor?
Can you post your save game?
I just tried that, unequipping everything, but it still crashed. I remember there being an issue with something related to item weight in kaoses tweaks, so everything that affects item weight is disabled in my settings right now.

I added the savegame to the google drive with the crash logs, called "Crash.sav" - it's right before i get attacked by 2 sturgian armies while sieging epicrotea.

Please note that we can’t support any modding-related issues. You can find more information about how to remove modifications here and more information about what we think about issues related to modding here.
If you can reproduce the issue in a new, un-modded and verified campaign please let us know!
Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Please note that we can’t support any modding-related issues. You can find more information about how to remove modifications here and more information about what we think about issues related to modding here.
If you can reproduce the issue in a new, un-modded and verified campaign please let us know!
Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
Hey, thanks for the response. I know that this issue is certainly due to mods. I was just hoping someone who understands this more than i do (which is basically zero) could help point the finger at the mod that is causing the issue, because the game ran pretty damn stable for a long time and then suddenly i could only simulate battles, because loading into the battle scene would crash the game.

By myself, i am pretty much poking in the dark here, trying random stuff without knowing what is actually going on.

There is no way of saying this without feeling like an absolute moron, so here it goes: Kaoses Tweaks contains an Option to raise the battlesize to 1800. Since some Battles, even with way more than 1800 Soldiers, worked fine, i didn't think this could be the issue.

It was.

Back
Top Bottom