Resolved Game crashing at startup after latest patch 1.4.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Was fine before patch, now the game won't load to the main menu without crashing. The crash report says "module files" and also one of my game saves which is bizzare.
Will I have to reinstall? I have 272hrs on this game and don't really want to lose all my progress, alas this is early access I suppose.

Hi, can you please give me more info using the template below?

Summary:
How to Reproduce:
Quest/Settlement Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Version:
Installed community-made modifications:
Computer Specs:
GPU:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

Summary : After update , unable to start the game at all now . Took all the recommended steps to fix issue listed on this forum and verified files on steam. Reinstalled twice with different versions , beta or not , even bypassing launcher with command line. Downloaded C++ Dependancies, still nothing.
How to play: when starting game
Quest / settlement name (if related):
Media (Screenshots And Video):
Version: e1.4.2
Installed community changes: none
computer specifications:
GPU: 1060 6GB
Processor: i7 8700k
RAM: 32 GB
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD / SSD): HDD

Forwarding this issue to the QA team for further investigation. Thanks for reporting. In the meantime, can you upload the below files? You can upload it at upload.taleworlds.com. Please paste the link to this thread in the description box on the upload website so I can identify it.

*the files starting with "rgl_log" and "rgl_log_errors" in the following directory: "C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\logs"
*the engine_config.txt file at "C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs"

Forwarding this issue to the QA team for further investigation. Thanks for reporting. In the meantime, can you upload the below files? You can upload it at upload.taleworlds.com. Please paste the link to this thread in the description box on the upload website so I can identify it.

*the files starting with "rgl_log" and "rgl_log_errors" in the following directory: "C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\logs"
*the engine_config.txt file at "C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs"
I dont have a logs folder that I can find on my computer, i´ve reinstalled the game 3 times already today, "engine_config.txt file is uploaded with link to this thread. Thank you for your help.

I dont have a logs folder that I can find on my computer, i´ve reinstalled the game 3 times already today, "engine_config.txt file is uploaded with link to this thread. Thank you for your help.
Go to your C: drive in Windows Explorer, at the top click View and there should be a box you can check to let you see Hidden Items. Then you should be able to see the ProgramData folder which is where the logs are stored at the location elysebluemoon mentioned.
Here is a picture if it helps in any way.
AByksTL.png

Found it and uploaded successfully. Thank you very much for your help!

Last edited:
From this it looks like some file with graphic items is missing from my game, can anyone see a similar pattern emerging in this latest patch?

Loading xml file: $BASE/Modules/Native/TileSets/ValidMaterials.xml.
Loading packages ...
Packages Loaded in : 1.822132
Registering items...
Unable to find item to add dependency(depender empire_crown)
Unable to find item to add dependency(depender empire_helmet_a)
Unable to find item to add dependency(depender plated_leather_armor_a)
Unable to find item to add dependency(depender plated_leather_armor_b)
Unable to find item to add dependency(depender plated_leather_armor_b_converted_slim)
Unable to find item to add dependency(depender plated_leather_armor_b_converted_slim)
Unable to find item to add dependency(depender plated_leather_armor_a_converted_slim)
Unable to find item to add dependency(depender plated_leather_armor_a_converted_slim)
Unable to find item to add dependency(depender plated_leather_armor_a_slim)
Unable to find item to add dependency(depender plated_leather_armor_b_converted)
Unable to find item to add dependency(depender plated_leather_armor_b_converted)
Unable to find item to add dependency(depender plated_leather_armor_a_converted)
Unable to find item to add dependency(depender plated_leather_armor_a_converted)
Unable to find item to add dependency(depender plated_leather_armor_b_slim)
Unable to find item to add dependency(depender burlap_sack_dress_converted)
Unable to find item to add dependency(depender burlap_sack_dress_converted_slim)
Unable to find item to add dependency(depender burlap_sack_dress_converted_slim)
Unable to find item to add dependency(depender burlap_sack_dress_slim)
Unable to find item to add dependency(depender burlap_sack_dress)
Unable to find item to add dependency(depender horse_harness_aserai_d)
Unable to find item to add dependency(depender horse_harness_imperial_b_clotest)
Unable to find item to add dependency(depender sturgian_lamellar_base_converted_slim)
Unable to find item to add dependency(depender sturgian_lamellar_fortified)
Unable to find item to add dependency(depender sturgian_lamellar_fortified_converted_slim)
Unable to find item to add dependency(depender sturgian_lamellar_fortified_converted_slim)
Unable to find item to add dependency(depender sturgian_lamellar_fortified_slim)
Unable to find item to add dependency(depender sturgian_lamellar_fortified_slim)
Unable to find item to add dependency(depender sturgian_lamellar_base_converted)
Unable to find item to add dependency(depender sturgian_lamellar_fortified_converted)
Unable to find item to add dependency(depender sturgian_lamellar_fortified_converted)
Unable to find item to add dependency(depender sturgian_lamellar_base)
Unable to find item to add dependency(depender sturgian_lamellar_base_slim)
Initializing items
Packages Registered in : 6.678771
Loading done...
Loading xml file: $BASE/Data/font_data.xml.

I have forwarded the files, these crashes aren't related with save files if the game is only crashing during launch and not while trying to load a save file.

I have forwarded the files, these crashes aren't related with save files if the game is only crashing during launch and not while trying to load a save file.
It's because it asks to send an Error report, and it quotes my latest save game within the Error report, even though I'm not even able to make it to the main screen, to load the game.

Fixed it. Downloading the vortex mod on nexus site and deleting c:/programdata/mountandblade2bannerlord file. Reverted to version 1.4.1.Even though I don't have any installed community mods, it seems to help.

From this it looks like some file with graphic items is missing from my game, can anyone see a similar pattern emerging in this latest patch?

Loading xml file: $BASE/Modules/Native/TileSets/ValidMaterials.xml.
Loading packages ...
Packages Loaded in : 1.822132
Registering items...
Unable to find item to add dependency(depender empire_crown)
Unable to find item to add dependency(depender empire_helmet_a)
Unable to find item to add dependency(depender plated_leather_armor_a)
Unable to find item to add dependency(depender plated_leather_armor_b)
Unable to find item to add dependency(depender burlap_sack_dress)
Unable to find item to add dependency(depender horse_harness_aserai_d)
Unable to find item to add dependency(depender horse_harness_imperial_b_clotest)
Unable to find item to add dependency(depender sturgian_lamellar_base_converted_slim)
Unable to find item to add dependency(depender sturgian_lamellar_base_converted)
Unable to find item to add dependency(depender sturgian_lamellar_base)
Unable to find item to add dependency(depender sturgian_lamellar_base_slim)
Initializing items
Packages Registered in : 6.678771
Loading done...
Loading xml file: $BASE/Data/font_data.xml.

I am getting a similar error and its causing my game to crash when attempting to speak to any lord/villager/caravan party on the map/town/village.

It's because it asks to send an Error report, and it quotes my latest save game within the Error report, even though I'm not even able to make it to the main screen, to load the game.

Hi, after sending the crash report, the program generates a crash ID. Did you save your crash ID after reporting? If you still encounter the same crash, can you try sending a crash report again and posting your crash log ID here?

Back
Top Bottom