Need More Info Game crashes with “d3d_device_context_-> Map at rglGPU_device::lock_texture Failed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.7.1
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: Recently reinstalled the game after a one year hiatus and received the Game crashes with “d3d_device_context_-> Map at rglGPU_device::lock_texture Failed! error within minutes of opening the game. Sometimes the crash happens almost instantly or within less than 30 minutes of game time. I would like to know how to fix this issue. I tried reinstalling the game, but that did not work. My drivers are currently up to date as well. I never used mods at all or any forms of cheat as it is not my interest when playing the game. Beforehand, I use to run this game normally and the only crashes I ever had were bug related that would have probably been fix at now. It is upsetting to reinstall the game to not really be able to play it anymore.
How to Reproduce:
Have you used cheats and if so which:
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with Max-Q Design
GPU Driver Version: 512.15
CPU: Intel Core i7 Processor
RAM:16 GB
Motherboard:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20Ghz
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

This crash is a GPU crash. Which is different from the other crashes that can be caused by gameplay actions. While we are still investigating the issue there is not a definite fix that we can offer on this issue at the moment. You can try the workaround below but please note that it is not a solid fix. Thanks for reporting. Sorry for any inconvenience.
A possible fix for RGLGPU_DEVICE::LOCK_TEXTURE Crash
If you are crashing in the middle of the game with the “RGLGPU_DEVICE::LOCK_TEXTURE” error, you can try the workaround below to fix it:
Expanding the swap size on your hard disk. You can find more info regarding this here.

This crash is a GPU crash. Which is different from the other crashes that can be caused by gameplay actions. While we are still investigating the issue there is not a definite fix that we can offer on this issue at the moment. You can try the workaround below but please note that it is not a solid fix. Thanks for reporting. Sorry for any inconvenience.
A possible fix for RGLGPU_DEVICE::LOCK_TEXTURE Crash
If you are crashing in the middle of the game with the “RGLGPU_DEVICE::LOCK_TEXTURE” error, you can try the workaround below to fix it:
Expanding the swap size on your hard disk. You can find more info regarding this here.
Since the game is on my SSD, do i need to change file size on my C drive and D drive. If I change the C drive, would it help if I uninstall some programs on my SSD to create more room as well. In addition, do I have to change page file size on the hard drive as well as the SSD in which my game is installed. Overall, I changed the file size on the SSD/ C drive and the game doesn't get the error as frequently, but still makes it slightly more playable nevertheless.

I had issues with Dying Light 2 and V-Rising crashes and returned to Bannerlord to encounter lot mentioned errors - every 5-30 minutes.
At this point I have checked drivers again, reinstalled Microsoft Visual C++ and tried to remove all software that may introduce overlay.

In the end decided to blame hardware despite no issues in many other games (GG Strive / WoT / Hearthstone / etc.).
GPU showed temps within specs (but still quite high) and Zotac Auto OC stress test failed - took way longer than should and when I checked it was unresponsive.

Manually changing GPU Fan curve solved the problem - new target for 100% fan is 70 C and crashes stopped.
I am blaming one of the GPU components overheating and not beeing monitored properly.
It is getting hotter and hotter outside so more PPL may encounter this issue.

No idea if this is The Solution but maybe it will help somebody too.

Back
Top Bottom