Need More Info Game crashes while launching

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: yesterday i downloaded bannerlord. when i start the game via steam the first loading screen comes up for a second, stays and a message is shown: "the application faced a problem. we need to collect necessary files to fix this problem. would you like to update these files now."
then i can choose "yes" or "no". and the game stops. i tried all the infos and workarounds i found in the forum (Installing necessary dependencies files, validating my game files).

How to Reproduce: start application again
Have you used cheats and if so which: no
Scene Name (if related):-
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
OS: Windows 10 Home (using paralles desktop on MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015))
GPU: Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB
GPU Driver Version:
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5557U CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz
RAM: 6,00 GB
Motherboard: BaseBoard-Hersteller: Parallels Software International Inc.
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD 256

Were you able to see a crash id?
Were you able to see the crash uploader tool? If you can upload your crash to us we can check it out. Please don't forget to copy the Crash ID and write it here so that we can find it.
More info about the crash uploader tool can be found here.
Have you checked out these threads about our Crash Checklist and Common Issues and Workarounds? They can help you find a solution as well.

no, i can not see the crash id. after pressing "yes" it is just disappearing.
yes, i have checked the threads you are suggesting. unfortunately nothing worked :sad:

Could you switch to 1.6.5? If you still experience this issue there could you send me the details of this file?
"C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\logs\launcher_log_NNNNN.txt"

Try to load dll TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Steam.dll

Try to load dll TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.XmlSerializers.dll

Try to load dll TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.XmlSerializers.dll

Can't reset context
Loading FiraSansExtraCondensed-Regular font, at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\GUI\Launcher\GUI\Fonts\FiraSansExtraCondensed-Regular/FiraSansExtraCondensed-Regular.fnt
Couldn't find .dll: ..\..\Modules\Native\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.DedicatedServer.dll
Couldn't find .dll: ..\..\Modules\Native\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.DedicatedCustomServer.dll
Couldn't find .dll: ..\..\Modules\Native\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Platform.PS.dll
Couldn't find .dll: ..\..\Modules\Native\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Platform.GDK.dll
Init LauncherModsDLLManager
Total startup time: 3.0880
Playing sound: default
Setting engine methods at Controller::SetEngineMethodsAsDotNet

Could you try a clean install?
Clean Install
The clean install is removing every single game-related file from your computer and installing the game again. Why do you need to remove the game while you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or adds contents to the existent modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure those files are unchanged.

To perform a Clean Install, Uninstall the game. You can do that by right-clicking the game on Steam Library and selecting Delete Local Content. Delete all folders related to the game that remains after the uninstallation. The folders that might have files inside:
Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
Epic: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord

Note: You'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the ProgramData folder and its contents.

Having the same issue for a few days now, like 3 days, tried all fixes and nothing works, even the clean install, clearing files, config files, reinstalling , etc. etc. cant send crash report, had the same results in the launcher file u told the mate tu send u, tried clean install again and still doesnt work

launcher probably works, the game itself won't launch, cant give better portrait of the problem, tried everything, any suggestions are welcome but i probably tried it all, thanks for trying to help man

I have same problem like u , Game launcher works good . But the game is not , Also ı don't have a any evidance about the crashing . It's just not working .

Were you able to see the crash uploader tool? If you can upload your crash to us we can check it out. Please don't forget to copy the Crash ID and write it here so that we can find it.
More info about the crash uploader tool can be found here.

No as i said before we're not able to see any crash uploader tool, completely nothing pops up after we press "play" in the launcher, everything just disappears thats all

Oh, my bad must have been missed. Are you also trying to run the game on parallels as in the OP? Not sure were the ProgramData files are stored in the Mac with parallels. We believe the game is crashing because of out-of-date shader files. Which you can find here:
"C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Shaders" and "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Native\TileSets\pages" Can you try deleting these manually and verify again?

Found the tilesets and pages, The Shaders file i just found in the same file as i found it modules, i got nothing expect file called "logs" in the programdata

Okey, deleted them both, verified the files, it downloaded the files again and it's still crashing and the game doesnt start itself

Could you try launching the game directly through the Bannerlord.exe located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client folder?

The TaleWorld.mountAndBlade.launcher works the same way as launching from steam does, starts up launcher, then it disappears again after pressing play, Bannerlord.exe does nothing and Bannerlord.Native says that VCRUNTIME140_1.dll. is missing that i should try reinstalling (did reinstall already like 5 times)

Back
Top Bottom