genural

Recruit
Hi,

My pc specs:

Ryzen 7 1700
16GB ra
GTX 1080TI

I also have a 144hz monitor.

I also have a 4K projector that's connected to my PC - It is not duplicated but extended from the first monitor.

I noticed that the game refuses to be stable when I play at 144hz.

I am able to get good framerates but the game isn't stable. I just get a freeze and then the game crashes.

I am getting this error every time I crash: https://gyazo.com/c4d52c1e8c52fc3408acf0ea63121403

I can confirm that for some reason I always get a crash during stage 3 of a tournament. But if I am not in a tournament it will crash regardless.

The first crash I got was at the tutorial when I opened the game for the first time.

It then crashed 3 times in 40 minutes so I gave up on the game.

However I then duplicated my main screen to the projector which caused the game to go from 144hz to 60hz. It also caused the NVIDIA game overlay to disapper and I didn't see it anymore.

I tried going to the game settings and changing the resolution from desktop resolution to 1920X1080 144hz but it still kept the game at 60FPS even though at the settings it was set on 1920X1080 144hz, And again the NVIDIA game overlay didn't exist.

With the game running like that I was able to play it for 7 hours straight without it crashing.

Now I tried to run the game again at 144hz but it crashed again after a few minutes of gamepley.

I tried disabling the NVIDIA game overlay to see if it caused the crash but it didn't fix the problem.

I noticed 2 things that might help:

1. When I open the game the NVIDIA game overlay doesn't exist, When I go to the game settings I see that the resolution is set to desktop resolution, And the FPS is 60 - I tried changing the resolution from desktop resolution to 1920X1080 144hz - The fps did change to 144hz, The NVIDIA game overlay still didn't exist but I still crashed after a few minutes.

2. sometimes when I minimize the game and go back to it the FPS changes from 60 to 144 and the NVIDIA game overlay also returnes. Then I crash after a few minutes of playing.

Last edited:
Have you tried unplugging the projector from your system before launching the game? I play on 144 1440p just fine with one monitor. I have valve index plugged in but it does not act like a secondary screen in windows.

Have you tried unplugging the projector from your system before launching the game? I play on 144 1440p just fine with one monitor. I have valve index plugged in but it does not act like a secondary screen in windows.

Unfortunately it didn't work, I crashed now.

What video settings do you have?

In resolution do you have it as desktop resolution or something else?

Is VSYNC enabled?

I have VSYNC disabled in-game, but set to Fast in my NVIDIA panel. I set the slider in-game to 144. I am running the game at maximum settings with film grain and anti-aliasing turned off at 1440p.

Interesting.
Im playing at 140+fps at all times and dont have any issues, Vsync on, Gsync monitor... weird

I have no idea why it's happening.

I was able to play multiplayer with no problems.

It's only in singleplayer and it crashes even when I try to start a new game.

Hi, please try the recommended steps on the threads below and update me if you're still having the same problem.

Hi, please try the recommended steps on the threads below and update me if you're still having the same problem.

Hi, I was able to fix the problem by disabling some of the video options.

When the fps cap was at 144 fps I was crashing after barely a few minutes of playing.
I noticed that when I set the FPS cap to be lower than 144 - for example 100 fps, I was able to play for 15 minutes before crashing.

So I started to disable video settings to see if that helps.

I am running the game on high - very high settings.

I lowered:
Shadow quality to: medium
Shadow type to: none
Shadow filtering to: none

that pretty much stopped the game from crashing and I am able to play for several hours without a crash.

I did notice a few crashes when I was battling on certain terrains and areas, Like the snow, forest and when I was walking inside a city to buy a workshop.

The game crashed and in all instances I got a crash about post fx node_ and an error about some kind of graphic property like occlusion / bloom / film grain.

So I also disabled:

occlusion method
bloom
film grain

And now I almost don't crash anymore.

I am happy to see that you are working to solve the problems.

I still have a problem with siege battles - When using the large siege towers with the ladders my soldiers ignore the siege towers and run towards the walls of the city indefinitely.

No order I give seems to fix the problem - Hopefully you can fix it soon.

Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom