Need More Info Game Crashes When Loading After Launch

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.8.1
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Im the same, tried all the suggestions, still wont start. Game crash reporter doesnt work either. Never had any issues on any previous versions

This isn't really a fix, as you're now blocked out of any kind of mod/steam workshop modules as you can't adjust them before launching the game. I've had the same problem as you and just decided to launch via Launcher.Native.exe which shouldn't be the way in the first place.
It fixed the issue I had so I guess it counts as a fix, not using any mods and I don't care which icon I should click when launching a game as long as it works I'm good.
Experiencing some issues with the new update but this seems unrelated.

I got the crash uploader tool. And then it keeps saying that it failed.... So I have no way to send anything but am experiencing the same issue. Fails to load after launch.
I have all the same issues: click the start button and it gets suspended instantly and reset from stop to start in steam. I've done all the resetting, run as administrator, add exemptions to your firewall, disable your firewall, try starting it from the folder instead of steam, verified the files multiple times, restarted multiple times, verified my computer specs are enough to run the game, tried lauching the game without being connected to the internet, etc.

Game crash reporter doesnt work either.

Launcher.Native.exe doesn't work for me either.

Other steam game starts up first try like always.

I've spend 4 hours trying to follow the instructions on how to fix something I just bought and 0 minutes actually playing the game. I'm not holding my breath on this one as it was just released last week it seems.

Version: 1.0.0.3729

Only mod that automatically downloaded is Birth and Death Options. No idea if I need the others or not or why Steam didn't automatically download them.

Betas have never been an issue on my end.

Still having problems: new patch, uninstalled, reinstalled, re-verified, restarted steam, won't lauch.

Tried launching again while disconnected from internet but that didn't work either.

Other steam games work just like always so this is a Bannerlord issue.

Here to add my voice to this problem.
Tried everything (verify files, reinstall, mod or no mods, manually erasing old stuff, etc). The Launcher always crashes ever since the official release.

I CAN play via manually starting some of the .exes like TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Singleplayer.exe BUT this means I can't use mods, because they won't load this way.

Still doesn't work.

Same patch and game version for the last few days.

It would be nice if the next patch would include some kind of code that would correctly identify the actual reason the game isn't launched: XYZ file missing; Wrong doo-hickey installed; check your mirrors; random firewall foolishness that should have been fixed with the game's installation; etc. Right now we are all in the dark on this: the game just fails to launch without giving us a reason.

My one year old got excited seeing the launcher art for Bannerlord but the game failed to launch again. He's holding it together.

I'm encountering the exact same issues as you.. I've tried reinstalling the entire app, verifying cache, launching via anything and everything. I can't even send log reports. It just says something like "failed to send try again". This is my first time trying to play the game for quite a few months. Has Taleworlds abandoned this thread? I don't see any comments from them lately.

I actually found my issue. Apparently in the past (year or so ago maybe), I had opted into a beta build, and it was still selected. I removed that, it downloaded a bunch of new content, and now it works.

Glad you found the fix. I have checked mine multiple times and I have never had a beta on the properties page. I'm going to put in my refund request because it's been a good month since I started trying to play the game.

I was excited to play this game. My brother said good things about the first one. Next game I'm hoping will work for me is Manor Lords but it may be a while until it is released.

I requested my refund a couple days ago and was denied by steam because it was past the 2 week window. I haven't played a single minute of the game but have spent 10 hours trying to get it to actually work by following all the recommended fixes I could find on these forums and elsewhere. Where other players would respond their issue was fixed I haven't gotten past the launcher. My cpu meets the requirements, I've shut off the filters and firewalls, I've uninstalled and reinstalled, I've verified game files every day for a month, I've deleted strange files from the game that should have been removed if they weren't important and causing players issues, I've quadruple-checked and never had a beta selected.

I wrote all those from memory but there are other fixes attempted that I can't remember. Can the company help me with a refund since steam is going to laugh all the way to the bank?

Back
Top Bottom