Version number
e1.8.1
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

BeamDyntOpk

Recruit
Summary:Game crashes when loading after launch, unable to pass the loading screen into the main menu.
How to Reproduce: Launch the game
Have you used cheats and if so which:No
Scene Name (if related): First loading screen after launching the game.
Media (Screenshots & Video):

Computer Specs:
GPU: 3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB (EVGA)
GPU Driver Version: 517.48
CPU: Intel Core i5-10400F CPU @ 2.90GHz
RAM: 32698 DDR4
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. B460M DS3H
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

Crashed on each release that came out for the past 6 months or more.
I have the crash dumps in my ProgramData folder, not sure where I should upload it.

I'm hetting the same thing, quite a lot of ppl do. They'll simply tell u to reinstall the game here, but before u download ~60G, I'll just say that it didn't help me

I'm hetting the same thing, quite a lot of ppl do. They'll simply tell u to reinstall the game here, but before u download ~60G, I'll just say that it didn't help me
Already did that a while ago, as well as attempting to change my game version to newer or older versions; Didn't work.

You can post the contents of rgl_log to PasteBin for us non-Taleworlds types to look at. If it contains a bunch of unknown function/module entries in the stack trace at the end though, you'll want to install the Better Exception Window mod and post the inner/outer call stacks from its crash report instead, it doesn't change gameplay any and can just be immediately uninstalled afterwards.

You can post the contents of rgl_log to PasteBin for us non-Taleworlds types to look at. If it contains a bunch of unknown function/module entries in the stack trace at the end though, you'll want to install the Better Exception Window mod and post the inner/outer call stacks from its crash report instead, it doesn't change gameplay any and can just be immediately uninstalled afterwards.

Were you able to see the crash uploader tool? If you can upload your crash to us we can check it out. Please don't forget to copy the Crash ID and write it here so that we can find it.
More info about the crash uploader tool can be found here.
Have you checked out these threads about our Crash Checklist and Common Issues and Workarounds? They can help you find a solution as well.

I was unable to have the crash uploader tool work, the game quits after pressing yes or no.
Fortunately, I was able to retrieve the files from "C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\crashes".
Attaching the content of the file rgl_log:

As for the threads regarding common issues, I have tried resolving this issue several times before using some workarounds that were suggested to other users in the forum and through any of the pinned threads that have general suggestions, I was unable to have the game fixed by using these guides.

The launch arguments show it trying to launch with only a single module which shouldn't be happening. You can try deleting the launcher config files located in C:\Users\ (your user name) \Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs and named "LauncherData.xml" and "NewsFeedConfig.xml" and trying again.

Can you elaborate on how the game is being launched? Steam or other first-party platform? Launching from an executable in install folder directory and which one? Are you using or have ever used a third-party mod manager/launcher thing? If you have Microsoft OneDrive set up you should check on that as well, as if it gets signed out or is trying to do something it can cause permission issues with the user folder where all the config files are stored.

The launch arguments show it trying to launch with only a single module which shouldn't be happening. You can try deleting the launcher config files located in C:\Users\ (your user name) \Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs and named "LauncherData.xml" and "NewsFeedConfig.xml" and trying again.

Can you elaborate on how the game is being launched? Steam or other first-party platform? Launching from an executable in install folder directory and which one? Are you using or have ever used a third-party mod manager/launcher thing? If you have Microsoft OneDrive set up you should check on that as well, as if it gets signed out or is trying to do something it can cause permission issues with the user folder where all the config files are stored.

I really appreciate your help!
I've tried removing the files from the folder and running the game again.
Attaching the logs:

I use Steam to play Bannerlord, all of the updates/removals/etc. were performed via Steam. I launch Bannerlord using Steam's library not from the game folder.
I have Microsoft OneDrive but it's not performing any updates automatically and was never set up to sync from my computer, nor do I have a partition from which the OneDrive syncs or anything like it.
I don't recall using any mods except trying to play a little with Nexus mods but it never really worked, and I have uninstalled it long ago.

Well it's a little progress I suppose, at least the vanilla launch arguments came back, shame it didn't fix it though. I've seen another thread on Steam's forum from a user getting a couple of "at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)" errors and then later ultimately crashing with "Unhandled Exception Code 0xE0434352". Unfortunately never found a fix, he ultimately ended up simply launching the game from Launcher.Native.exe or some other executable directly instead.

You might want to try Microsoft's .NET Framework Repair Tool thing, reinstalling Visual C++ (x64 only), triple-checking OneDrive and any antivirus software, closing any unnecessary background programs, and verifying the integrity of Windows by opening up a command prompt as administrator and running;
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
sfc /scannow

Well it's a little progress I suppose, at least the vanilla launch arguments came back, shame it didn't fix it though. I've seen another thread on Steam's forum from a user getting a couple of "at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)" errors and then later ultimately crashing with "Unhandled Exception Code 0xE0434352". Unfortunately never found a fix, he ultimately ended up simply launching the game from Launcher.Native.exe or some other executable directly instead.

You might want to try Microsoft's .NET Framework Repair Tool thing, reinstalling Visual C++ (x64 only), triple-checking OneDrive and any antivirus software, closing any unnecessary background programs, and verifying the integrity of Windows by opening up a command prompt as administrator and running;
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
sfc /scannow

Wow this actually worked, I guess the fix for this is really going to the folder and running the game from "Launcher.Native.exe".
Thanks a lot!!

Wish I had this fixing skills, cheers.

Were you able to see the crash uploader tool? If you can upload your crash to us we can check it out. Please don't forget to copy the Crash ID and write it here so that we can find it.
Have you checked out these threads about our Crash Checklist and Common Issues and Workarounds? They can help you find a solution as well.
2022-10-22_03.57.21_4cbc94e8d32683c960cf5a947482ee9a
tried the work around list, checked all the .net updates, drivers up to date, windows up to date, reinstalled game, deleted files suggested and verified files through steam multiple times, switched beta to none and reloaded, changed the name of the file in documents and verified. The game has run fine until the update.

I just started having this problem last night. Happens even if I remove my savegames, reinstall the program, use 'play' instead of 'continue', or try to run multiplayer, the crash happens before the Taleworlds logo screen.
2022-10-25_02.25.01_5d46ca85b7cd74da71b3c2178b523f6d is the code for my last attempt. I've played for more than two hundred hours without much issue, including yesterday, so this seems very strange and unprovoked. Running the game directly from the folder didn't help, neither did a full 'clean install'. Everything's up to date (the same as it was before this issue arose).

Last edited:
Using GoG version of the game, game crashes on startup

Computer specs:
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3070 Ti 8GB
GPU driver version: 522.25
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
RAM: 32GB
Motherboard: Asus Prime X470-PRO
Storage device: mechanical drive

Error reporting tool ID:
2022-10-26_10.06.24_5c38c6a2abc96e9fcbeb1d09a3ebcb39

I have the same problem. Reinstall doesn't help.

Computer specs:
Windows 10
Radeon RX 570 4GB
Driver version: 22.10.2
AMD Ryzen 5 5500
RAM: 8GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology b450m ds3h-cf
Error reporting tool ID: 2022-10-25_22.26.55_169f863ffc17eb02e8cc4c6d797878

Wow this actually worked, I guess the fix for this is really going to the folder and running the game from "Launcher.Native.exe".
Thanks a lot!!

Wish I had this fixing skills, cheers.
This isn't really a fix, as you're now blocked out of any kind of mod/steam workshop modules as you can't adjust them before launching the game. I've had the same problem as you and just decided to launch via Launcher.Native.exe which shouldn't be the way in the first place.

I got the crash uploader tool. And then it keeps saying that it failed.... So I have no way to send anything but am experiencing the same issue. Fails to load after launch.

I just started having this problem last night. Happens even if I remove my savegames, reinstall the program, use 'play' instead of 'continue', or try to run multiplayer, the crash happens before the Taleworlds logo screen.
2022-10-25_02.25.01_5d46ca85b7cd74da71b3c2178b523f6d is the code for my last attempt. I've played for more than two hundred hours without much issue, including yesterday, so this seems very strange and unprovoked. Running the game directly from the folder didn't help, neither did a full 'clean install'. Everything's up to date (the same as it was before this issue arose).
Same here, except I can't even run the crash report....

2022-10-22_03.57.21_4cbc94e8d32683c960cf5a947482ee9a
tried the work around list, checked all the .net updates, drivers up to date, windows up to date, reinstalled game, deleted files suggested and verified files through steam multiple times, switched beta to none and reloaded, changed the name of the file in documents and verified. The game has run fine until the update.
SAAAAAMEEE i literally did all that and its crashing at launch after the update

So disconnecting from the internet and launching makes it work... i guess we have to wait for an update to fix. Let me know if this helped you launch it. Remember launch it offline.

Back
Top Bottom