In Progress Game crashes when I ctrl + space.

Users who are viewing this thread

I've recently encountered an infuriating issue in which I can't hold down ctrl + space too long, or the image will freeze and the game will keep going in the background. The only way to get out of the game is to open task manager and start guessing which task I'm closing by using the arrows and the delete key. I've verified the integrity of game files through steam, re-installed Warband, and restarted both the game and the system multiple times, but still no fix. This is very annoying. Any ideas? Anybody?

I have subscribed to these mods in the workshop: 'The Confederation' and 'Star Wars Conquest'. I don't really use either so I could uninstall both and then try. As for testing with a new save, I'll try it out while I still have the mods installed and then after I've uninstalled them.

I would suggest a clean install.
The clean install is removing every single game-related file from your computer and installing the game again. If any of the game files changed somehow they could possibly be preventing the game from launching. To do that:
Uninstall the game. You can do that by right-clicking the game on Steam Library and selecting Delete Local Content.
Delete all folders related to the game that remains after the uninstallation. The folders that might have files inside:

My Documents > Mount&Blade Warband & Mount&Blade Warband Savegames folders.
If you have used Steam Workshop to install modifications, Steam > steamapps > workshop > content > 48700 folder.
If you have manually installed modifications, Modules folder inside game install directory.
AppData folder C:\Users\your-username\AppData\Roaming\Mount&Blade Warband
Note: You'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the AppData folder and its contents.
At this stage, everything related to the game on your computer is deleted. Now you can re-install the game and try launching the game again.

I would suggest a clean install.
The clean install is removing every single game-related file from your computer and installing the game again. If any of the game files changed somehow they could possibly be preventing the game from launching. To do that:
Uninstall the game. You can do that by right-clicking the game on Steam Library and selecting Delete Local Content.
Delete all folders related to the game that remains after the uninstallation. The folders that might have files inside:

My Documents > Mount&Blade Warband & Mount&Blade Warband Savegames folders.
If you have used Steam Workshop to install modifications, Steam > steamapps > workshop > content > 48700 folder.
If you have manually installed modifications, Modules folder inside game install directory.
AppData folder C:\Users\your-username\AppData\Roaming\Mount&Blade Warband
Note: You'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the AppData folder and its contents.
At this stage, everything related to the game on your computer is deleted. Now you can re-install the game and try launching the game again.
Ok, I'll try it.

Back
Top Bottom