Computer Specs:
GPU: GTX 1080 Ti
GPU Driver Version:27.21.14.6109
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 960 @ 3.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
RAM:16384MB RAM
Motherboard: P6X58D-E
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB ATA Device

-no mods activated
-have been leveling up smithing and earning money selling javelins and swords.
-character is well armored (Battania) including the desert horse
-using a bow and a crafted two-handed polearm (bent razor head)
-just finish attacking 7 bandits encountered no issue
-attack or get attack by 21 bandits with no troops the game crashes
-reload and tested by hiring additional 5 troops against 21 bandits, the game still crashes
-reload and this time attack 11 bandits with no troops, game crashes
-reboot my pc and let the game to run with no other program running, after loading the last save and attack 21 bandits it still crashes.
-attempt to check if the same issue happens in v1.5.6 or pref_test, but the game crashes when loading save.
-load an earlier save and attack the 17 bandits the game crashes.

Last edited:
This is odd I now attacked 4 looters and my game crashes.
I lowered the performance set to very low and tested by allowing the looters to attack me (7, 4, and 12) and still it crashes.
Loaded an early save and test it and it crashed the game every time I get attack by looters regardless of the number they have.

Last edited:
This is odd I now attacked 4 looters and my game crashes.
I lowered the performance set to very low and tested by allowing the looters to attack me (7, 4, and 12) and still it crashes.
Loaded an early save and test it and it crashed the game every time I get attack by looters regardless of the number they have.

You are probably smithing. If you smith at all and then fight an enemy party without restarting the game, it will crash always.

You are probably smithing. If you smith at all and then fight an enemy party without restarting the game, it will crash always.
I'm not sure what you mean, I just finished winning a tournament and got attack when leaving Dunglanys so how am I still smithing?
Nevertheless, I waited several days in Dunglanys then leave then save my game before I exit the game. I went back in the game and load the last save got attacked by 8 and 4 looters and game crashes.

I think I found the solution, I smelted all my crafted items apart from the one I still equipped and got attack by 10 looters and the game didn't crash.
You can place this under the solved status now, thanks for the assist.

Last edited:
This should not be marked as resolved. The crash still occurs and only people that have read this particular thread know to sell off all their crafted items. It still happens for everyone else and also, players should be able to keep the items in inventory if they want, definitely a bug, not resolved.

This should not be marked as resolved. The crash still occurs and only people that have read this particular thread know to sell off all their crafted items. It still happens for everyone else and also, players should be able to keep the items in inventory if they want, definitely a bug, not resolved.
+1 all my weapon and companions weapon are crafted... I cannot attack looters anymore

I haven't done any blacksmithing and I have no created items. The game crashes everytime I try to fight any looter or even free a town from looters. This is not resolved

Back
Top Bottom