Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.

lorddcee

Recruit
Summary: when entering a battle, crashes every time. It may be mods, but the crash exception points to game core files.
How to Reproduce: enter a battle...
Have you used cheats and if so which: no

Crash dump:
- Exception
Exception information
Type: System.NullReferenceException
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Source: TaleWorlds.Core
CallStack:
  1. at TaleWorlds.Core.Equipment.GetInitialWeaponIndicesToEquip(EquipmentIndex& mainHandWeaponIndex, EquipmentIndex& offHandWeaponIndex, Boolean& isMainHandNotUsableWithOneHand)
  2. at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Agent.WieldInitialWeapons(WeaponWieldActionType wieldActionType)
  3. at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Mission.SpawnTroop(IAgentOriginBase troopOrigin, Boolean isPlayerSide, Boolean hasFormation, Boolean spawnWithHorse, Boolean isReinforcement, Boolean enforceSpawningOnInitialPoint, Int32 formationTroopCount, Int32 formationTroopIndex, Boolean isAlarmed, Boolean wieldInitialWeapons, Boolean forceDismounted, String specialActionSet, Nullable`1 initFrame)
  4. at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.MissionAgentSpawnLogic.MissionSide.SpawnTroops(Int32 number, Boolean isReinforcement, Boolean enforceSpawningOnInitialPoint)
  5. at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.MissionAgentSpawnLogic.CheckInitialSpawns()
  6. at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.MissionAgentSpawnLogic.OnMissionTick(Single dt)
  7. at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Mission.OnTick(Single dt, Single realDt, Boolean updateCamera)
  8. at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.MissionState.TickMission(Single realDt)
  9. at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.MissionState.OnTick(Single realDt)
  10. at TaleWorlds.Core.GameStateManager.OnTick(Single dt)
  11. at TaleWorlds.Core.Game.OnTick(Single dt)
  12. at TaleWorlds.Core.GameManagerBase.OnTick(Single dt)
  13. at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Module.OnApplicationTick_Patch1(Module this, Single dt)
  14. at TaleWorlds.DotNet.Managed.ApplicationTick_Patch2(Single dt)

+ Involved Modules

- Installed Modules

Please note that we can’t support any modding-related issues. You can find more information about how to remove modifications here and more information about what we think about issues related to modding here.
If you can reproduce the issue in a new, un-modded and verified campaign please let us know!
Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Please note that we can’t support any modding-related issues. You can find more information about how to remove modifications here and more information about what we think about issues related to modding here.
If you can reproduce the issue in a new, un-modded and verified campaign please let us know!
Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Well then, thanks. This just confirms I will stop playing the game again until it's officially out and for more than a couple of months. I'll make sure I don't recommend anyone to play also.

I've lost my last 7 campaigns because about after 20-40 hours in, everything crashes. With mods sure, but none that are too invasive.

I understand mods should not be supported right now, but I can't believe I'm losing all this invested time because the base code doesn't validates if objects are null and are never throwing appropriate exceptions for everyone to know what went wrong. Like: weaponX was null while doing x-y-z.

Or, in this exception case, just don't crash and fallback to another weapon? I mean... it's coding 101... Always code defensively unless you're in a fatal position and the app can't do anything about it. But I guess, you knew that?

@lorddcee

I can't say for sure it depends greatly on what was happening when the error threw... But I got an error sort of like this in DismembermentPlus when trying to run the 1.6.1 version on Bannerlord 1.62 I corrected the issue and made a 1.6.2.

Like I said I don't know if its me but just thought I would try help.

Back
Top Bottom