Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2021-01-13_23.54.22_5662e4c6a85f82a0ee743821cee90c2f

LinkTheHero

Recruit
Hello,

This is my first post here so I do not know what to say except that M&B 2 has been crashing a lot at random moments. It can occur in the continue savegame menu, on the map, while in battle or looking at the encyclopaedia, at any time (after a few minutes to half an hour).
I do not know how to insert a picture, so I will write down what the prompt(s) says (or say, it is usually two or three prompts that appear at the same time when the crash occurs):

d3d_device_->CreateTexture2D at
rglGPU_device::create_texture_from_image failed!
The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use
GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine the appropiate
action.

Last Executed Marker: Only supported with nVidia GPUs and Window 10.

I have been trying to fix it by updating my Windows software as well as my Intel Drivers, uninstalling some game to free up space, writing in the -autoconfig command and the -dxlevels 81, uninstalling and reinstalling M&B 2, lowering all graphic details to very low, playing in windowed mode and other recommendations found in these pages (to no avail):

Here are my PC specs (copy pasted from the Intel driver support page and modified by me):

PROCESSOR Intel® Core™ i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz
GRAPHICS Intel® HD Graphics 620
AUDIO Realtek High Definition Audio(SST) Intel® Display Audio
NETWORKING AND I/O Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter TAP-NordVPN Windows Adapter V9
MEMORY 8 GB
STORAGE NVMe SAMSUNG MZVLV256
+
Sytem type 64-bit operating system
Total Storage 238 GB
Available Storage 44 GB Free

I have sent several crash dumps but here is the identifier of the last one:
2021-01-13_23.54.22_5662e4c6a85f82a0ee743821cee90c2f

I do not know in which branch I am in but I suspect I might be in the main one. I might be wrong though. (Edit)

I have never played a Mount and Blade game and I am thrilled by what i could manage to play until now. I am eager to solve this problem as quickly as possible to be able to play properly. :smile:

Thank you for your time

PS: My PC is a Lenovo Yoga 910-13IKB Laptop (ideapad) - Type 80VF, it runs games like Europa Universalis 4 pretty well. It is four years old.

Last edited:
Yes indeed, but now I also get from time to time a straight crash that just closes the app without any text.
Additionnally, I forgot to mention that with the crashes that I described in the main post, I have to use Task Manager to close the app from running in the background after the crash report is cleared. Not using Task Manager results in Steam not allowing me to run the app again because it says that it is already running.

Back
Top Bottom