Game crashes on startup with mods installed

Users who are viewing this thread

So i decided to try and install some mods for my next playthrough. However everytime i try to start my game it just tells me the game ran into a problem and crashes. I did some googling and came across a post on here that said to check all the mods for a file named Sudmodule.xml and see if the following is mentioned in the file or not, and if it isn't mentioned that i should paste it in.
<DefaultModule value="false"/>

<DependedModules>
<DependedModule Id="Native"/>
<DependedModule Id="SandBoxCore"/>
<DependedModule Id="Sandbox"/>
<DependedModule Id="CustomBattle"/>
<DependedModule Id="StoryMode"/>
</DependedModules>

I checked all my mods, currently i have about 36 mods installed and most of them didn't have this in that file so i pasted in it. Now when i try to start my game it gives me an error message for all my mods.
The error message reads as following:
Module ../../Modules/AchievementUnblocker\Submodulke.xml can't be loaded, there are some errors
There are multiple root elements Line 24, position 2.
The line is different with every mod so i assume it's because of what i pasted in the Submodule file.
My game does start like it should but the mods aren't loaded because of the error.
Does anyone know what the problem here is and how i can fix it?
Thanks in advance!

I just pasted it at the bottom of the SubModule files, i don't know if the position matters or not.
I also just removed the text from the SubModule files again and now i'm getting the same problem as before again.
It always says "the application faced a problem. We need to collect necessary files to fix this problem. Would you like to upload these files now?"

Steam or vortex?
With vortex you can look at the load order. Might be so simple one need to move up or down. Check the warning triangle also.

Best way is to uncheck all mods. Activate one at a time and start the game. Eventually you will find the problem.

My mods are causing a very strange problem. During big battles and after i fall and use fast forward and wait the battle out the game crash. Like every 5 sec i need to stop the fast forward and wait a little and run again. Very annoying.

Steam or vortex?
With vortex you can look at the load order. Might be so simple one need to move up or down. Check the warning triangle also.

Best way is to uncheck all mods. Activate one at a time and start the game. Eventually you will find the problem.

My mods are causing a very strange problem. During big battles and after i fall and use fast forward and wait the battle out the game crash. Like every 5 sec i need to stop the fast forward and wait a little and run again. Very annoying.
i'm using vortex. Is there a specific order it needs to be in? first the game and then the mods?

On nexus take a look at when the mod was last updated and read the posts tab, you can usually if a mod will break your game before downloading

Back
Top Bottom