Resolved Game Crashes on Armory Page (used to happen prior to the latest patch)

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded
I'm also facing this problem, the armory page and buiyng new sigils always freeze the game for me, also after this patch half of the time the game freeze also in the login screen and i need to kill the process and restart few times before it let me in.

My spec

Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia gtx 960
GPU Driver Version: Geforce game ready - version 472.12
CPU: Intel i5 6400 skylake
RAM: 32gb
Motherboard: asus z170 pro gaming
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

Computer Specs:
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 380
GPU Driver Version: 27.20.1034.6
CPU: Intel i5-6400
RAM: 16gb
Motherboard: ASUSTeK B150M-A
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

To investigate the freeze issues we need you to create a dump file and send it to us so that we can investigate the issue with more data.
  • Navigate to the game's installation folder. Navigate to the bin\Win64_Shipping_Client folder.
  • Write cmd to the address bar.
  • If your issue is in Multiplayer, paste this command line and press enter:
    Bannerlord.exe /multiplayer _MODULES_*Native*_MODULES_ /anticheat
  • If your issue is in Singleplayer, paste this command line and press enter:
    Bannerlord.exe /singleplayer _MODULES_*Native*SandBoxCore*CustomBattle*Sandbox*StoryMode*_MODULES_
    This will launch the game without the launcher.
  • When you launched the game this way play the game until the game freezes.
  • When the game freezes open the Task Manager and find BannerlordStarter under the Processes tab.
  • Right-click on BannerlordStarter and press "Create Dump File".
    This will create the dump file which has the data we need to investigate the issue.
  • The dump file will be located in the \AppData\Local\Temp location. The name of the file will be Bannerlord.DMP. The file size will be around 2.5 GBs but it mostly has empty memory files so zipping it will get you around 200-250 MBs file. Please select the highest compression level when achieving the dump file.
  • After this, you can send us this file via upload.taleworlds.com. Please don't forget to include this forum thread URL in the description box so that we can find the related topic. If you can't upload it to the site for any reason, you can use any other file share website and send us the download link.

To investigate the freeze issues we need you to create a dump file and send it to us so that we can investigate the issue with more data.
  • Navigate to the game's installation folder. Navigate to the bin\Win64_Shipping_Client folder.
    Bannerlord.exe /singleplayer _MODULES_*Native*SandBoxCore*CustomBattle*Sandbox*StoryMode*_MODULES_
  • When the game freezes open the Task Manager and find BannerlordStarter under the Processes tab.
    This will create the dump file which has the data we need to investigate the issue.
  • The dump file will be located in the \AppData\Local\Temp location. The name of the file will be Bannerlord.DMP. The file size will be around 2.5 GBs but it mostly has empty memory files so zipping it will get you around 200-250 MBs file. Please select the highest compression level when achieving the dump file.
  • After this, you can send us this file via upload.taleworlds.com. Please don't forget to include this forum thread URL in the description box so that we can find the related topic. If you can't upload it to the site for any reason, you can use any other file share website and send us the download link.
I do not get the 1st step, or its purpose. Why do we navigate to this folder? How is navigating here connected to step 2 (writing cmd on the address bar)? If they are connected please let me know, because when I paste "Bannerlord.exe /multiplayer _MODULES_*Native*_MODULES_ /anticheat" the cmd tells me "Bannerlord.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command".

Am I supposed to navigate to the mentioned folder in step 1 on the cmd screen?

Edit: Btw, my game's install folder (step 1 folder) is not located in the same folder where Windows is installed (the default location that cmd displays)

I sent an email to [email protected] , with the link to download the DUMP file for the armory freeze and login screen freeze, hope it help to fix the problem

just trying to help with my specs

still no joy, sometimes it even lets me buy or preview the customization or chage the character, and other times is instant freeze

Computer Specs:
GPU: Asus phoenix GTX 1660 Super 6gb
GPU Driver Version: GeForce 472.12
CPU: Intel I5 7400 3.0ghz
RAM: 16 Gigs
Motherboard: Asus prime b-250m-a
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Kingston A400 SSD 480GB x 4
No Mods

I do not get the 1st step, or its purpose. Why do we navigate to this folder? How is navigating here connected to step 2 (writing cmd on the address bar)? If they are connected please let me know, because when I paste "Bannerlord.exe /multiplayer _MODULES_*Native*_MODULES_ /anticheat" the cmd tells me "Bannerlord.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command".
You need to navigate to this folder inside the games installation folder, because the Bannerlord.exe is located there. "...\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client"
I sent an email to [email protected] , with the link to download the DUMP file for the armory freeze and login screen freeze, hope it help to fix the problem
Forwarded the files, thank you very much! We hope we can find the issue with the data.
just trying to help with my specs

still no joy, sometimes it even lets me buy or preview the customization or chage the character, and other times is instant freeze

Computer Specs:
GPU: Asus phoenix GTX 1660 Super 6gb
GPU Driver Version: GeForce 472.12
CPU: Intel I5 7400 3.0ghz
RAM: 16 Gigs
Motherboard: Asus prime b-250m-a
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Kingston A400 SSD 480GB x 4
No Mods
Forwarded these as well. Thanks!

You need to navigate to this folder inside the games installation folder, because the Bannerlord.exe is located there. "...\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client"

Forwarded the files, thank you very much! We hope we can find the issue with the data.

Forwarded these as well. Thanks!
I get that the Bannerlord.exe is located there. Do I click the exe? If it is a yes, then why did you include the steps for the cmd stuff for multiplayer and sinleplayer? Can I simple skip the cmd steps and click bannerlord.exe to accomplish what you asked? Please elaborate more, I am not familiar with what you are asking for.

To launch the game without the launcher those steps are needed. But we got a dump file that looks like pulled the trick. We think we found the issue that caused this issue.

I get that the Bannerlord.exe is located there. Do I click the exe? If it is a yes, then why did you include the steps for the cmd stuff for multiplayer and sinleplayer? Can I simple skip the cmd steps and click bannerlord.exe to accomplish what you asked? Please elaborate more, I am not familiar with what you are asking for.
No just go to that folder and write cmd in the address bar there.

What they want you to do is run the exe with an extra command

No just go to that folder and write cmd in the address bar there.

What they want you to do is run the exe with an extra command
Hmm I guess there is my issue. I do not have a cmd file in that directory that I can use, to run their quoted commands. I will try to verify game files to try to get it. In any case seems like they found the solution, we'll see in the next patch. Thank you Horatius.

Hmm I guess there is my issue. I do not have a cmd file in that directory that I can use, to run their quoted commands. I will try to verify game files to try to get it. In any case seems like they found the solution, we'll see in the next patch. Thank you Horatius.
You don't need a cmd file to run it, just put it (cmd) in the address bar. Cmd is commandline in windows, what it does if you put it in your address bar it automatically opens that directory in your terminal allowing you to execute commands more easily on the files stored there like bannerlord.exe

You don't need a cmd file to run it, just put it (cmd) in the address bar. Cmd is commandline in windows, what it does if you put it in your address bar it automatically opens that directory in your terminal allowing you to execute commands more easily on the files stored there like bannerlord.exe
Ooooh, okay I got it :grin: Thanks dude. I did not even know you could do this. I had tried to manually navigate to that directory within the default cmd window, but that had not worked. I was also trying to type in "cmd" on the search bar in the folder mentioned. This actually worked.

Last edited:
Sent you the crash dump with a google drive download link. It seems that it takes longer for the freeze/crash to occur when the game is launched with the method you requested.

Same issue here. Only just reinstalled the game after giving up on you guys fixing the balance between infantry and cav in multiplayer. Nothing seems to have changed there obviously, cav are still totally overpowerd and with seemingly no disadvantages at all but whatever. Now my game crashes every time i try to access armoury to edit my character. Every time, without fail. i don't even know what this loot is for, i've never been able to use it. What is wrong with this game?

It seems, update 1.6.3 fixed it for me. Will check

Yes, I have no freezing issues in armory or clan tag anymore. Thanks for fixing. TW have good tech support.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom