Resolved Game Crashes in Multiplayer whenever I bring up the Scoreboard with Tab, and try to scroll down with middle Mouse button

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.9
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded
Dump identifier (optional)
I have uploaded multiple times, though have not recorded the identifier
Summary:
How to Reproduce: I am pretty sure it can be reproduced (since it happened for me multiple times). Join an online game (siege, team dm, or any other) and open up the score board with Tab. While pressing Tab, click and scroll with the middle mouse button, two view the entire score board. Whenever I do this, game freezes. I end up having to quit it through windows, and even that does not work, I end up having to end the process through task manager. After this crash, all of my settings reset, I even have to set the sliders for brightness again.
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia GTX 980
GPU Driver Version: 27.21.14.6647
CPU: intel i5 3570K
RAM: 8 gb
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77V
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

Sadly we need to have the crash id to take a look at the detail of the crash. We need the ID.
Were you able to see the crash uploader tool? If you can upload your crash to us we can check it out. Please don't forget to copy the Crash ID and write it here so that we can find it.
More info about the crash uploader tool can be found here.
Have you checked out these threads about our Crash Checklist and Common Issues and Workarounds? They can help you find a solution as well.

I was able to reproduce the error I mentioned, but unfortunately, the nature of the crash requires me to exit the game, and then end the task with task manager, which does not prompt the crash uploader tool. I did however experience another crash, which is unrelated to the one I mentioned above, and the crash id is: 2021-06-03_14.16.08_2db60d4e7a86fde874d216bcb4187566

Edit: This error which I sent the id for is also frequent. I am impatient, so whenever I click to join a game, I Alt-Tab to youtube or another page while the multiplayer game is loading, so sometimes, the game crashes when I Alt-Tab. This crash is that.

Can you check this pathway if you have a crash log that corresponds with the crash you had (you can check the date&time)
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\crashes
Please note that ProgramData is a hidden folder.

Can you check this pathway if you have a crash log that corresponds with the crash you had (you can check the date&time)
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\crashes
Please note that ProgramData is a hidden folder.
Unfortunately there is not. I found the log for the crash for which I provided the ID. But as I have said, the crash that occurs when I press tab still occurs, and does not prompt the crash uploader. Because, the game simply freezes, forcing me to close it from the windows task bar, then again forcing me to end it from the task manager because shutting it down in the task bar is not sufficient to close the application (prior to ending the exe in the task manager, the game sounds are still heard).

Can you send me this file after crashing once again? (it resets everytime you launch that's why I ask you to crash again.)
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\logs\rgl_log_xxxxx.txt

I just had two more crashes, both happened because I pressed Tab. Man this is becoming very annoying. How can I send it to you just attach it here?

Edit. or do you want me to copy the text within that file and send it to you as a private message?

You can use pastebin.com and send me the link on PM.
We need more details on the crash. Unfortunately, we can't fix this unless we can also reproduce it on our end. The crash uploader is a key element in this but unfortunately, it is not working in this case. Maybe the logs can help us understand the issue.

You can use pastebin.com and send me the link on PM.
We need more details on the crash. Unfortunately, we can't fix this unless we can also reproduce it on our end. The crash uploader is a key element in this but unfortunately, it is not working in this case. Maybe the logs can help us understand the
Sent you the text link. Hopefully a solution can be found. Here is a clue, it started happening after the last Nvidia Geforce driver update, I think.

Just saw this thread on search so I thought to join in. I also sent to you my log text file in PM, @MArdA TaleWorlds

What's annoying is loading up again which is kind of slow, even if it's installed on SSD. Here's my summary:

Summary: I play TMD mostly but I think but not sure I had it on Siege also. Once in a while in multiplayer, if I press TAB to quickly view the scores the game will freeze and the sound will stop. I don't even have to press middle mouse button to scroll. I'm sure I don't Alt+tab accidentally or something like that. Alt+TAB works fine when I need it though. When the game freezes on scoreboard, I can't do anything else except alt+f4 but then I don't get the crash report option to send it to you like with other crashing issues. Additionally, the processes of Bannerlord Starter and BattleEye Launcher will remain running which Steam is showing as well - like the game is still running in my games list. So I have to shut down the two processes manually and then Steam will show it not running anymore.

How to Reproduce: The server is EU. No idea what causes it but connected to showing scores, and it happened on all TDM maps randomly when:
1. Pressing TAB just when moving or
2. When killed and during dying animation playing and I press TAB or
3. When dead and on the troop selection screen for respawning also pressing TAB or
4. After the match, the scoreboard will automatically display and sometimes freeze the game

I am marking this thread as resolved because we did not get the information asked in time. If you are still experiencing this issue please let us know by leaving a reply to this thread. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Back
Top Bottom