Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
Can't upload
Summary: NVIDIA did some sort of update, I wasn't paying attention. Next time I booted up the game, the launcher is like 25% of the normal size. Didn't think much of it. Wrapped up some business in a town, and no matter what I do, I have about 24 in game hours before it crashes. I tried sending you guys the report, but the crash report app is also tiny and unusable, nor can it be resized.

I decided I would have to just wipe everything clean and start over - so I uninstalled the game and deleted all files and mods. I booted the game up, started a new, hasty playthrough just to test. Crashed in one in game day. Started back up in safe mode. Crashed again.

This might not even be you guys, but wanted to make you aware since I now can't even play a fresh install.

How to Reproduce: I don't know how you can, I literally just move around the map for 60 seconds and it crashes. I even uninstalled and deleted everything, reinstalled and it still happens.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No. On the original playthrough I use cheats to move to a unique spot on the map and start myself off with worse gear and then turn it off. Never been a problem.
Scene Name (if related): Campaign map.
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
GPU Driver Version: 30.0.15.1123
CPU: Intel Core i7-9750H @2.6 6 Core
RAM: 16 Gigs
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

So a good chunk of the issue is GeForce now tries to optimize performance by messing with the game settings and it somehow managed to reduce character fidelity and FPS at the same time. Having fixed a lot of that, things are smoother and I can no longer replicate the campaign map crash on any save but the original one - so it might have just been a funky crash on top of GeForce's stupid update.

The launcher is still tiny for some reason and the crash report window is too so I can't submit them. Anything I can do to fix the launcher size? It looks like it's displaying at the resolution of my extra monitor (which I use for work but leave disconnected when I game).

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom