Users who are viewing this thread

I apologize if this has already been addressed in another thread, but I consistently get errors stating something along the lines of "d3d_device_context_-> Map at rglGPU_device::lock_texture Failed! The GPU Instance has been suspended. Use GerDeviceRemovedReason to determine the appropriate action."

It then produces a Last Executed Marker, which are generally different. As well as the above error, I also receive similar ones that stat the GPU device has been removed.

I have noticed that if I set my performance settings to anything above Very Low, I get the errors within a matter of minutes, especially when trying to trade, access inventory or travel on the map.

When I set my performance settings to Very Low, I can sometimes go several hours without an error, though it seems to me like I should be able to run the game on at least medium, based on the required specs unless I am mistaken.

My system is as follows:
CPU: Intel Core i7-6820HK (2.70GHz)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 980M (8GB)
RAM: 32GB

I have tried updating and rolling back GPU drivers, underclocking the GPU, limiting the CPU, making sure OS is up to date, clearing temp folders. Nothing seems to work. I have screenshots of some of the error messages, but cannot post them due to being a new account.

Hello, sorry for the late reply. We have fixed a considerable amount of the problems we have encountered so far and improved the game performance with the multiple patches we have released. Please make sure that your game, your drivers, and OS are up to date and the game has necessary permissions over your security software. Please let us know if the problem persists after completing these steps and verifying the integrity of the game files through Steam.

Hello, sorry for the late reply. We have fixed a considerable amount of the problems we have encountered so far and improved the game performance with the multiple patches we have released. Please make sure that your game, your drivers, and OS are up to date and the game has necessary permissions over your security software. Please let us know if the problem persists after completing these steps and verifying the integrity of the game files through Steam.
Hi Elyse,
Thanks for getting in touch. Even after updating my system fully, I am receiving the same errors. I reinstalled the game today and tried first with the "High," overall graphics setting, which my system should be able to handle. When that provided the same CTD, I worked my way down through "Medium," to "Low," and "Very Low," all of which provide the same result, though the lower the quality, the longer the instance lasts before crashing.

As the asked information was not provided within 2 weeks, this thread is marked as solved. If the issue still continues, please update this thread.

Hi Elyse,
My apologies; I received no emails that this thread had been updated and was just stopping by to check in when I saw your responses. The system is getting fairly hot and generally the crashes tend to occur around 95-98°C. The CPU is not currently in performance mode, though the fans are. I have also tested the game with various degrees of performance mode enabled, but receive the same results regardless. Thanks again for your assistance.

Various reasons could cause overheating. Please try regulating the temperature of your computer, as well as the room temperature where you use it. You can try tilting the back of the computer upwards instead of using it on a hard surface, or try using a laptop cooler.

Back
Top Bottom