Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded

Goyyyio

Sergeant
Summary: This happens in a lot of ways: If a map has finished, and the server changes maps, the next map is loaded, the Faction selection screen is shown, players in the background can be heard for a second, and then the game completely freezes, the sound loops over and over and not even the mouse pointer shows up. I have to close the game through the task manager. This problem also happens if I leave the server (it doesnt matter if the round has finished), and I try to rejoin the server, the game again freezes and I have to reset it. Sometimes it happens when I quit the game before it has been frozen and I open the game again, I get the freeze. I have had this problem since release I think, everytime I want to play in multiplayer the same thing happens. The problem didnt happened in Skimrish/Captain mode, but since I havent played for a while those mods I dont know really if it happens or not with those modes.
How to Reproduce: Play either Siege/TDM, wait until the round finish/leave the server and try to rejoin. One/two seconds after the faction selection screen pops up the game freezes.
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor 3.40 GHz
RAM: 16,0 GB

I have to add, I dont get a crash dump after this because I use the task manager to end the program. After the game freezes I end the program, open the game again, and then go back to the server, sometimes I get another freeze and sometimes I dont and I can play perfectly (until it freezes again after the map finishes)
(EDIT: THIS HAPPENS IN EVERY SERVER)

To investigate the freeze issues we need you to create a dump file and send it to us so that we can investigate the issue with more data.

Navigate to the game's installation folder. Navigate to the bin\Win64_Shipping_Client folder.
Write cmd to the address bar.
If your issue is in Multiplayer, paste this command line and press enter:
Bannerlord.exe /multiplayer _MODULES_*Native*_MODULES_ /anticheat
If your issue is in Singleplayer, paste this command line and press enter:
Bannerlord.exe /singleplayer _MODULES_*Native*SandBoxCore*CustomBattle*Sandbox*StoryMode*_MODULES_

This will launch the game without the launcher.

When you launched the game this way play the game until the game freezes. When the game freezes open the Task Manager and find BannerlordStarter under the Processes tab. Right-click on BannerlordStarter and press "Create Dump File". This will create the dump file which has the data we need to investigate the issue.
The dump file will be located in the \AppData\Local\Temp location. The name of the file will be Bannerlord.DMP. The file size will be around 2.5 GBs but it mostly has empty memory files so zipping it will get you around 200-250 MBs files. Please select the highest compression level when achieving the dump file.
You can send your save files to us via the ticketing system on the website. To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

To investigate the freeze issues we need you to create a dump file and send it to us so that we can investigate the issue with more data.

Navigate to the game's installation folder. Navigate to the bin\Win64_Shipping_Client folder.
Bannerlord.exe /singleplayer _MODULES_*Native*SandBoxCore*CustomBattle*Sandbox*StoryMode*_MODULES_

When you launched the game this way play the game until the game freezes. When the game freezes open the Task Manager and find BannerlordStarter under the Processes tab. Right-click on BannerlordStarter and press "Create Dump File". This will create the dump file which has the data we need to investigate the issue.
The dump file will be located in the \AppData\Local\Temp location. The name of the file will be Bannerlord.DMP. The file size will be around 2.5 GBs but it mostly has empty memory files so zipping it will get you around 200-250 MBs files. Please select the highest compression level when achieving the dump file.
You can send your save files to us via the ticketing system on the website. To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
So when I try to open the game this way it says I didnt login in Epic (I bought the game on epic games sadly). Tried just opening the .exe, same thing happens. When I start the game normally through the launcher, I joined a MP siege and I got the freeze. I opened the task manager, created the dump file but its not 2.5gb, its 0 KB, its that normal? Should I send it anyways or it will be useless? I dont know why that happens

So I've tried again, the game freezes after a match, I tried to get a crash dump but this shows up
e1BJlyo.png
I dont know what that EOSOverrlay renderer is but it may have something to do with the freeze? Idk
Sry for the horrible screenshot (herramienta recortes is just the tool I've used to screenshot, it just shows up there)

vR3CXIP.png

Okey, after playing for a while I've noticed that when the game freezes sometimes after a waiting for a while it gets running again, but this is not very usual and its more common that it freezes completely (I've let it run for at least 10 mins, doesnt work). Another thing I've noticed that I think may be the cause of the problem is that the EOSOverlayRenderer process that you can see on my screenshot above appears when this freeze happens. Even if I close it, the game is still freezing so its not the solution I see. Another thing that happened is that, while Bannerlord's crash dump gives me a 0KB file, making an EOSOverlayRenderer crash dump did worked and it gave me a 200mb file. A quick google shown it has to do with the epic games launcher (god damn it), should I still send the file to you? Im going to ask the other people that have this same problem if they are using the Epic Launcher too.

More news @MArdA TaleWorlds I found a way to disable the EOSOverlayRenderer, apparently it caused problems for other games too and I found on google a way to take it down to stop the freezes. So... I did that, it worked for 2 maps straight, something very rare, but now the freeze is back and I checked the task manager, the EOSOverlayRenderer is nowhere to be seen, so I dont know the cause of this freeze. I think the EOSOverlayRenderer did have something to do with the freezes in the previous instances but now I have no idea, maybe im just that unlucky lol. Any comments? Thanks for your time

Forwarded this info to developers. Could you try launching the game through TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Singleplayer.exe located in the folder below:
...:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client
And see if the freeze still happens?

Forwarded this info to developers. Could you try launching the game through TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Singleplayer.exe located in the folder below:
...:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client
And see if the freeze still happens?
Well the freeze happens in Multiplayer, and I cant open the game if its not through the epic games client, I never had a single freeze in Singleplayer thankfully

Again, I'll repeat myself the problem happens ONLY in multiplayer in SIEGE and DEATHMATCH. After testing playing with EOSOverlayRenderer disabled the game keeps freezing IN THE FACTION SELECTION SCREEN. That's all, I have no more info to give honestly now, I cant create a crash dump because its just frozen and the crash dump I create gives me a 0kb file

Could you clarify if you whether can launch the MP game with this?
TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Multiplayer.exe files located in the folder below:

So when I try to open the game this way it says I didnt login in Epic (I bought the game on epic games sadly). Tried just opening the .exe, same thing happens.
A quick google shown it has to do with the epic games launcher [...] ask the other people that have this same problem if they are using the Epic Launcher too.
I cant open the game if its not through the epic games client
I've been repeating myself these past days, the problem is in MP and THROUGH THE EPIC GAMES LAUNCHER I can't open the game if it's not through it because it won't connect me to the epic games servers. I have to move and I won't be having my computer, so I'm done here anyways, I hope you can solve it for the other people that play the game

Just for clarification, my game can't be installed in Steam if I have it installed in the epic games folder...

Sorry for the late reply.
If you still are experiencing this issue on the latest version of the live build, could you help us by creating a new dump file to investigate the freeze issues?

Back
Top Bottom